Question for Mr. Dorfman • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Question for Mr. Dorfman
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 10:06 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Mr. Dorfman,

I have read on here that you are one of the experts on the BEA field in the N.E area. I am looking to get started in fugitive recovery in MA. but I have no clue where to begin. Is it ok for me to contact you for advice on getting started?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 12:26 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

do you know of any training locations in MA or NH for executive protection? which companies are looking for help? thanks a lot

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 14:03 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
mh169

You can call Mr. Dorfman directly and get the CORRECT information straight from the horses' mouth.

I understand your eagerness to get started, but you shouldn't always heed advice posted from total strangers, especially those whose credentials have not been verified. You need to learn how to look at a member's profile, see who and what they are, where they are, and what credentials they claim to possess. From there you call that particular States Licensing office and confirm whether or not the individual is legitimate.

Otherwise, you end up wasting a whole lot of time and money on wild goose chases, unprofessional schools, and being ripped off by so-called "experts".

Look at it this way: If you're a tourist in Central Park in NY City, and some hooded stranger hiding in the bushes whose features you can't make out suddenly started advising you to do this or that...would you follow thier advice ? Unquestioned ? I certainly hope not.

Last edited by SpanielPI on Sun 15 Oct 2006 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 14:08 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

thanks for the heads up!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 14:11 
in memoriam

mh169

For example, your profile is blank as well. This will cause most professionals here to be extremely leary in helping you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 14:42 
in memoriam

mh169

The first step for any state is checking if licensing requirements are in place. If so, then the state will have a list of state certified schools, instructors with all of thier aprropriate contact information. You should have simply paid a visit in person to your licensing department at your local county courthouse and obtained the correct, legal, and state authorized procedures for accomplishing your goals.

If your state does have mandatory licensing and training requirements (alot do not) then you would follow the steps outlined to you from the information obtained from the county courthouse.

If your state is unlicensed, then you would research which private schools offer you the best training you can buy for your targeted area of future expertise.

On this forum is a heading entitled "BEA FAQ's". In that article, you will find numerous schools that offer you all kinds of training.

1 of the best skills required for this job is how to answer your own questions. Solve your own problems.

Example: How do I find out what is required ? A: Ask the licensing dpt at my local court house.

Q: Which schools are recommended ? A: Type in the word "Schools" in search field and follow the path until question is answered.

Most of the time when out alone in the middle of an operation, you wont have someone else available to figure things out for you. So you have to possess the skills of instant assessment, instant intel interpretation, and instant ability to make command decisions quickly and decisively.

Last and foremost: Always check local state laws of where you are working before attempting any apprehension or launching any kind of operation. Just because something is legal in one place, doesn't make it legal in another.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 16:41 
in memoriam

Ruffin;
EXCELLENT words of advise!

TX PI LIC #A-09665
(409) 284-1895
http://360.yahoo.com/ftachaser357
"For every DEFENDANT that fails to appear in Court, there is a VICTIM seeking Justice"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 17:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
MH169,
Ruffin is right on the money. To be a pro .... learn from a real pro.

HADLEY DORFMAN
H & G INVESTIGATIONS 603-493-3400
Specializing in the New England area

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 18:43 
in memoriam

There is no licensing procedure for BEA work in Massachusetts. There are some who claim to do BEA work in MA but I have no clue who they work for as there are only two surety companies, one very active, one no longer active. I have the active one and have been with him for 20 plus years. Sorry, no openings.

To be registered in NH, you must successfully complete the course I wrote then post $300,000.00 liability insurance. I turned the instruction over to Hadley Dorfman effective 8/1/06. I will no longer put my name on certificates (personal reasons).

There you have it.

My advice is... follow a different vocation. You'll be better off in the long run.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 19:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2
Experience: 7 - 10 years
And I can tell you the above post comes from a real professional!

-X-
St. Louis, MO
FRN#2
Member of The C.B.C

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion