NEW YORK STATE POLICE • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: NEW YORK STATE POLICE
 Post Posted: Thu 14 Apr 2005 13:49 
in memoriam

JUST A KUDO TO ALL BEAS-JUST WORKED A CASE WITH A SKIP ON AN INDIAN RES. IN UPSTATE NY FOWARDED ALL INFO TO NYSP THE PUT A MAN ON IT AND WAITED UNTIL SHE EXITED THE RES THAN PICKED HER UP-THAT IS WHAT INTERAGENCY COOP DOES -I NEVER HAD TO SPEND FIELD TIME JUST PHONE TIME--THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO FOSTER IF WE ARE TO SURVIVE THESE DANGEROUS TIMES--AGAIN TO ALL BEAS NYSP IS GREAT TO WORK WITH IF YOU TREAT THEN WITH RESPECT

Post subject: Good Job!
 Post Posted: Fri 15 Apr 2005 05:14 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Hadley,

Inter-agency cooperation is a great thing to achieve indeed.

I think the phrase "...these dangerous times..." is lost on many or many do not fully appreciate what is meant by your comment.

In my view, the trade is in danger considering the growing news accounts of people running afoul with various jurisdictions in such a way, that when taken in whole, the false appearance of a trade gone wild may very well be the result for the casual observer.

Of coarse, good news rarely makes the news, and I'm sure that there are many, many examples of professional BEAs--who tend to stay low key--providing excellent work that goes, for all intents and purposes, unnoticed.

Rex

Post subject: DANGEROUS TIMES
 Post Posted: Fri 15 Apr 2005 07:40 
in memoriam

REX see got my meaning-you and I agree we are experiancing a glut of problems in this field-mainly because of poorly trained and over aggressive newby agents and greedy bondsmen....... we have wannabe schools treaching wannabe bea the wrong way-we have bondsmen who hire poor agents to save a buck-we have press that just shows bad to make a buck
than there is du-du with his band of clowns getting awards and making mega bucks for doing it wrong--how can we fight against the tide????????
BY DOING IT RIGHT AND TURNING IN ALL THAT DO IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!
BY SUBMITING ALL ARRESTS YOU MAKE TO ALL PRESS YOU CAN-WE NEED TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND SHOW THE PUBLIC WHAT WE DO FOR THEM ALL AT NO COST TO THEM
we need to support our own people that spend their own money and time to create a brotherhood of bea (MIKE BARBER) and cannot get the time of day from most of you-we need to show the right side of this proffession-we need to silence the liberal aclu- naacp-all left wing who believe that bad guys are miss understood good guys who just did not suckle from their moms breast long enough--

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Apr 2005 20:19 

I love cases like that. A month or two ago I closed a case sleeping in the back of a car (more or less ;) ) only had to wait for a call from a state prison to confirm the fugitive's residence and then put in a trip there to get a booking slip.

Post subject: Operation Falcon
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Apr 2005 21:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
I met with the US Marshals and NY State Police Task Force who serve felony warrants on violent offenders, their part of Operation Falcon, they are very willing to serve a warrant as long as the defendant is (1) Wanted on Felony Charges (2) the charges involve violence or the defendant has a violent history (3) If it's an out of State warrant the NCIC must indicate that the State will extradite.

This Operation has been very effective, if you bring them a case and your intel they will take over and call you when they apprehend the skip, they won't turn the skip over to you so make sure you still get paid just for causing the arrest, the good guys win, you get paid, the Task Force gets credit for the arrest and the skip returns to jail without the BEA risking any liability.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 23 Apr 2005 12:34 
in memoriam

HGUNNER and I have worked with the US Marshals a few times already and have an excellent rapport with them. On one case way north of here, they called and allowed us to go as they hit a residence where bad guy Elliott was supposed to be (though, unfortunately, he wasn't). The point is... we were 'invited' to accompany them. To me, that is the utmost in respect and recognition.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 23 Apr 2005 13:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
I've been invited to accompany them but remained outside when they hit the house.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 23 Apr 2005 13:19 
in memoriam

I should have been more specific... we didn't go inside the house either but we assisted in securing the property outside.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion