Dog the Racist • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 15:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Scott I agree 100%.

In the case of using N....., its the blacks that perpetuate its use the most. I hear it in the schools, on public transportation, in court and just walking down the street.

When I was growing up, a black person NEVER called another black N...... If you wanted to hurt someone, you called them a Black African.

Now the majority want to be called African American and N..... is used as both affection and hate by blacks towards each other.

Its so bad that one day I was in a Oakland Chinatown strip mall. I heard young boys saying , "oh, N...... this and you know you'r my N.......

When I turned around to look at who it was, there were 5 or 6 Chinese boys walking behind me goofing around.

I don't know what would have happened if I said anyting to them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 16:52 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
A&E pulls 'Dog' series from schedule
By JAYMES SONG, Associated Press Writer November 2, 2007 at 3:42 pm
Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's show has been pulled from the air indefinitely by A&E, two days after a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly was posted online.

"In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take `Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," the network said in a statement Friday. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."

A&E officials said the series, one of the network's top-rated programs, has not been canceled.

Chapman, 54, has been under fire and accused of being a racist ever since the private conversation with his son, Tucker Chapman, was posted online Wednesday by The National Enquirer. Chapman used the N-word repeatedly about his son's black girlfriend.

At least two advertisers have pulled out from the show and civil rights groups have called for the show's cancellation.

Soon after the clip was posted, Chapman issued an apology and A&E suspended production of the series.

In the conversation, Chapman urges Tucker to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend trying to tape and go public about the TV star's use of the N-word.

Chapman has said he was "disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term." He also said he was ashamed of himself and pledged to make amends.

His attorney, Brook Hart said his client is not a racist and vowed never to use the word again.

Copyright © 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 18:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Here we go again with a double standard by Doggie.

So now he doesn't like her "character." Doesn't he always talk about giving the people he arrests a second chance. Doesn't he always say he wants to help them "clean" up their lives? Didn't he do that with his own life?

Now son brings home someone that is doing or did what he did when he was younger and he doesn't have any compassion for her. If it's not the race then what is it?

So all the compassion and concern he shows for the skips on his show is insincere?

Can we say hypocrite? Or is it really about skin color?

Of course we know the Chapmans are well known for their character, ethics and intellect!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 18:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Sinus Buster Halts Ad Plans For A&E Over Dog The Bounty Hunter's Racial Rant Sat Nov 3, 3:01 AM ET

With a brewing racial scandal on the set of A&E's popular show "Dog The Bounty Hunter", SiCap Industries, makers of Sinus Buster capsaicin nasal sprays has halted plans to advertise on the Arts & Entertainment network until the show is permanently pulled.

Albany, NY (PRWEB) November 3, 2007 -- With a brewing racial scandal on the set of A&E's popular show "Dog The Bounty Hunter", SiCap Industries LLC, makers of Sinus Buster capsaicin nasal sprays has halted plans to advertise on the Arts & Entertainment network until the show is permanently pulled.

"We wanted to launch our new tv spots for 2008 on A&E and on Dog's show in particular. He was a hero of mine until I heard a tape of him spewing racist remarks as if it meant nothing. I'm disgusted by him. He used the (N-word) multiple times in the most hateful way you could ever imagine. That's when I decided to dump his show from our marketing plans," says Wayne Perry, president of SiCap Industries, LLC.

Perry is referring to a taped conversation between Duane "Dog" Chapman and his son Tucker that was posted online this week. In the conversation, Chapman threatens to disown his son for dating an African American woman, and continuously uses the "N-Word" referring to the girlfriend and African Americans in general. Chapman has issued a public apology, but he may not get off that easily.

A&E was planning a nine-episode marathon of Chapman's show tonight, but network officials are saying they would make a decision some time today on whether they would air the show at all. A&E has also temporarily halted production of the show until further notice.

"They should pull the show completely and never air reruns or anything with Chapman ever again. A&E should wash their hands of this guy. Dog's rant has personally disrupted my faith in people, and we will never associate any of our brands with any forum that supports racism in any way. As far as we're concerned, the only way A&E will be in our ad budget next year is if they dump the Dog. This goes far beyond what Don Imus said on MSNBC, and they fired him immediately," adds Perry.

Yum Brands Inc., parent company of top brands like Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut have also pulled their ads effective immediately. A spokesperson for Yum referred to Chapman's behavior as "despicable."

Once one advertiser yanks their ads, all other usually follow. If other do, he is done. A&E can't afford the lost from this and other sponsors. This also means the show will probably not go into syndication. Local stations will have to deal with the same issues the networks do.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 19:58 
in memoriam

Like the Good Book says "God works in mysterious ways."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 21:24 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
what I hate is that it took this to finally get them off the air, when the reality is that they should have never gotten the show in the first place. But, when the real pros turned them down, or refused to act so ridiculously, I guess they took whoever was willing to "act the idiot". I know that I was approached, as well as many others and we refused to compromise our morals and ethics for the publicity and money.

Money is nice, but ethics mean more to the real pros!

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 21:36 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
This post may sound strange tp many of you since I have long been a critic of Bounty Hunter TV shows and Chapman in particular, but I am somewhat surprised at the level of astonishment expressed by A&E and everyone else connected to the show. A&E has been filming this show for five years and admittedly during that time, according to Chapman, "WE" (emphasis mine) have been using that word all the time. Yet, it has never been "beeped out" or televised, so we are left to believe that the cast avoided it when the camera was running, which seems unlikely since they managed to get in just about every other obscene expression in the English language, or, and this seems much more likely to me, the editors consciously edited out any slip of that word from programming. If that is the case then A&E. its film crew, editors, producers, and directors are just as big of hypocrites as Chapman.

Chapman is what he has always been. A two bit thug masquerading as a bondsman pretending to be a bounty hunter. His apparent lack of education and understanding has led to his inevitable downfall, but he should not have to bear this humiliation alone. Sharing it with him should be the trailor park mental midgets who tuned in every week, every US senator and representative who came out in support of the petitions to ignore the legitimate request of a sovereign ally, whatever government group that gave him his paid for by A&E proclaimation, and last but certainly not least, whoever it was in the leadership of PBUS that lent credibility to this clown act by having him and his cohorts as special guests at the last few conventions. These are the people that gave DTBH its credibilty. Without their participation, Chapman would have stayed what he has been for twenty-five years, a wannabe trying to crack the big time.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 04 Nov 2007 23:15 
in memoriam

Speaking of his supporters, where are they now ? The congressmen/women ? PBUS reps ?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 05 Nov 2007 13:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Very good question! Since I resigned the PBUS, I think it would be in bad taste for me to say,

Na na da na naaaaaa!

But I will see if any of the PBUS officials will make any statement about this.

Stay tuned.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 05 Nov 2007 16:47 
in memoriam

lol..thanks Tony.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage