NEW BAIL ENFORCEMENT INDUSTRY MAGAZINE • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: NEW BAIL ENFORCEMENT INDUSTRY MAGAZINE
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Mar 2005 18:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2
Experience: 7 - 10 years
OK, I have tried to get people interested in this magazine but have had no luck. I have quit Bail Enforcement work just to get it going and it has gone nowhere so here is the new plan. I wil let anyone who has a paid subscription advertise and post stories and other things for free. I also need some more ideas on what to include. Anone wanting to maybe jump on board and give some assistance with this should email me. Im not really making anything on this magazine because most of the money goes to printing, but if it should take off I will split the profit with anyone helping and devoting as much time as I am. So in short if your intersted just let me know or if you have ideas let me know.

-X-
St. Louis, MO
FRN#2
Member of The C.B.C

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Mar 2005 22:25 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

hey i can help you with marketing and stuff... Also if you need a good printer let me know i work with a company whos prices are resonable

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 21 Mar 2005 13:05 
in memoriam

It amazes me... there are some who think there will be a 'hue-and-cry' and a bonding for an association that will cater to lobbying efforts yet no one is even interested in getting a magazine off the ground.

I've said it for years and I'll say it again... there will never be a substantial unification of 'legitimate' BEA's throughout these United States to amount to a damn thing. Its been tried and tried and tried again. In my 21 years in this dysfunctional industry I don't think I've met or even known about more than approximately 10 people who do BEA work who function on more than a few brain cells.

I would LOVE to see a national lobbying effort and I would LOVE to see an industry magazine but I never will and those of you who think it will happen... I feel you are merely laboring under a misconception and my advice to you would be to take up a hobby instead of wasting your time 'thinking' and 'dreaming'.

About the only thing that's going to change in this industry is "POOF"... we are all gone. With the antics of the fools, morons, jerks, punks and halfwits making negative headlines in the name of bail enforcement, or bounty hunting or fugitive recovery or whatever you want to call it, its only a matter of time before the only legislation we'll all see is being 'legislated' right out of business. Television is helping to eliminate us with the antics of Chapman and his gang of idiots. A local bondsman recently had a news story done with him being pictured holding piles of one hundred dollar bills... what do you think the judges are going to think of that? Do you think they'll start forfeiting bails so the bondsmn doesn't have so much money and not giving BEA's time to find the bad guy?

I am convinced that the collective IQ of most people is several points below plant life!!!

In conclusion... please, everyone, I've been around a long, long time (too long!) so please don't try to insult my intelligence with any more attempts to contact me regarding those issues. I've been there a few times with both efforts... national legislation and magazine... so its not as if I didn't contribute and make the effort.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject: Magazine
 Post Posted: Mon 21 Mar 2005 13:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Experience: More than 10 years
I can understand Lance's frustration given that in the past these efforts have resulted in just spinning ones wheels, however I'm still willing to do what I can to help in any project that serves to better the industry. nothing ventured nothing gained.

If the day comes that we get legislated out of business I can at least say I did what I could to prevent it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 21 Mar 2005 13:58 
in memoriam

If it ever got off the ground I would assist BUT it would have to be off and running. As I stated, I've been there (more than once!) and done that!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 23 Mar 2005 11:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

We seem to have a least a few people wanting to put in an effort to try and get something going. Maybe L.A.W. you could provide at least some ideas on how they might go about getting it done and let them try and do it. Lance I understand and agree with your frustration but, maybe we could give them some guidance on what to do and not to do. It does not mean we have to get involved just yet but, providing some valuable lessons learned might help in preventing previous mistakes. And yes it may be fruitless but, at least someone is trying again and maybe someday it might actually work before we all go "POOF". What have we got to lose at this point but our insight and ideas. So does anyone have any ideas that you could post to help these people get their ideas off the ground? If so please do!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 23 Mar 2005 12:21 
in memoriam

I have no clue about the magazine matter but national legislation must first start with gathering names & addresses of LEGIT BEA's. Someone in each state could do that. I already made a form and was the first to sign it and I gave it to HGUNNER several weeks ago. Once there is a database of names perhaps there will be a voice.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 23 Mar 2005 12:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
Law,
I know this is only at our state level but you can get a list of licensed BEA's for the State but there is a problem with this to as some agents
find they can't get any work and get out and on to something else so you still have to call them and such. If the state revokes a license it might take 2 weeks to get it posted so it will show valid. There is no doubt this industry needs a facelift but i can't see it changing in my lifetime. To many if ,ands,and but's. PD's see it one way,County see's it another and the State see's it in yet another it has gotten way out of hand. Alot of times we can't agree with each other. My opinion is this is turning into a rocky road and an Agency owner better keep a Lawyer on Retainer, its sad that it has come to this.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 06 Jun 2005 18:28 

I would be interested in getting your magazine! If there is anything I can do to assist you in getting up and running please let me know!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion