more problems • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: more problems
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 14:55 
in memoriam

JUST HEARD FROM A FRIEND IN THE SAUGUS MA PD A BEA WAS ARRESTED YESTERDAY FOR CHASING A SUBJECT THRU THE STREETS WITH A CAR EQUIPED WITH BLUE LIGHTS.I ALSO HEAR HE WAS USING A BADGE SIMILAR TO THE PD AND IMPERSONATING A DETECTIVE

GREAT PRESS FOR OUR SIDE FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE JUST GOT A FAVORABLE RULING FROM THE SUPREME JUDICAL COURT OF MA AFIRMING OUR RIGHT TO PRACTICE OUR CRAFT THERE NOW THIS CRAP OCCURS- I ALSO HEARD HE WAS EMPLOYED BY A FIRM IN PA-I WILL HAVE MORE ON THIS STORY LATTER TONITE-- COME ON GUYS WE KNOW BETTER THAN THIS-THIS CRAP MUST STOP-I AM WILLING TO BET HE IS A 2 OR 3 DAY WONDER(THE KIND THAT GRADUATES FROM A SCHOOL WITH NO EXPERIANCE AND GETS HIRED BY AN OUT OF STATE BEA AGENCY TO COVER THAT AREA).THIS NONSENSE MUST STOP IN ORDER THIS US TO SURVIVE AND BEA TO PROSPER

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 15:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
Hadley,
I hate to hear yet another story, You would most likely win the bet about the 3day wonder. Thats like here in Indiana there are 300 licensed BEA's not to include Bondsman, Of the 300 BEA's around 45 of us are old timers with insurance and all and we do this for a living. In Indiana if you have $400.00 and can pass a 100 question test they will give you a license this is totaly insane. New Blood is one thing but to give out a license to arrest in mass quanities just for the purpose of money for the State is just plain crazy.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: Mass
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 16:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
This kind of thing certainly makes us all look bad, I don't understand how the 3 day wonders get cases on their own.
I require our new people who don't already have Law Enforcement experience to work as an assistant under the supervision of an experienced BEA for at least 6 months before I assign them a cases on their own.
It sounds like this guy is a wannabe Cop, what was this guy thinking ?, blue lights and car chases are a big no no in this profession, I get people calling me all the time who want to be a BEA because they think it's "easier" than becoming a Cop, I tell them if you wan't to be a Cop then that's what you should do, don't become a BEA and pretend to be a Cop because your just gonna end up in a jam and reflect poorly on the profession.
I also tell our people that their badge should not have a State Seal, the word Officer or anything else that would imply Law Enforcement.
I personally Prefer to use the title BEA instead of FRA since it clearly establishes that I'm enforcing Bail.
I'm curious to learn who this guy was working for.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 17:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I came up thru the ranks started as a gopher with a crusty old bondsman in Louisiana when i got out of the Army, the old fart had me running to the courthouse to file and to look up things for him,get his coffe ,mop floors just what ever after not quite a year he started showing me the ropes of writing paper after a year of that he did sign for my bondsman license i went into paper writing for him by the hour for about 6months. Then he gave me a % deal i think it was like 25% no liability wrote another year and started going sometimes with his in house BEA's in those days they was no licensing on a BEA his guys were 2 street wise hit men is what i called them learned about the FTA end of the business the hard way.After about a year at that his manageing General agent offered me my own contract had plenty in my BUF fund by this time. Had a 50-50 deal then but had to do my own skips got up to a 80-20 deal stayed writing paper for 10yrs with my own company I sold out to my sister and brother in law in 1998 they would not give them a contract on there own so i still hold the contract with Noble & Ranger. Now I am a Private Detective Agency owner and still do recovery but i don't write paper anymore. So this is how i got into the business i didn't just give up a few dollars and take a test. The licensing issue is a sore spot for me sorry to rave on.

Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: BEA PROBLEMS
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 20:18 
in memoriam

DAVE -SOUNDS LIKE DID IT THE HARD WAY-I WAS A COP IN NY 16 YEARS 6 AS A BEAT COP AND 10 DETECTIVE-INJURED AND FORCED TO RETIRE MOVED TO NH STARTED A REPO FIRM (REPOED APPROX 3000 UNITS INC HELOS-PLANES-YACHTS TRACTOR TRAILERS -MILLION DOLLAR MOTOR HOMES AND EXOTIC CARS STARTED DOING BEA FOR FRIENDS IN 98 BEFORE LICENSING BEEN BUSY EVER SINCE-IN ALL OF THAT I HAVE NEVER HAD A CLAIM UPHELD AGAINST ME-MY TEAM AND I ARE STICKLERS FOLLOWING A STRICT PROCEDURE ON ALL ARRESTS-I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH NEW BLOOD IN FACT I BELIEVE NEW BLOOD IS NEEDED(MY ASSOCIATE AND I TEACH THE ONLY NH ACCEPTED BEA COURSE AND USE PEOPLE I TEACH-
WE NEED TO BETTER POLICE OUR RANKS BEFORE WE ARE ALL PUT OUT OF BUSINESS - ALL OF US KNOW THAT THESE 2 OR 3 DAY WONDERS HAVE NO BUSINESS OUT ON THE STREET AND POSE BOTH A DANGER TO THEMSELVES AND THE PUBLIC AT LARGE(ALSO A DANGER TO OUR LIFE STYLE AND OUR ABILITY TO EARN A LIVING)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 20:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hadley,
After being LEO for so many years was your adjustment to doing Recovery work a hard change? I know you made the change as you have done well at this business. LEO's have to abide buy a differant set of rules.
I have gotten to be a pretty good judge of people and i have found that Ex- LEO's somtimes are not right for this type of business because of the way they have to conduct themselves as being a public servant.

Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject: EX LEO
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 21:38 
in memoriam

DAVE I WAS A STREET COP I STARTED IN 1972 WHEN U COULD BE A COP AND WE WERE COPS-NOT LIKE NOW-WE DID WHAT WAS NEEDED-WE DEFENDED OURSELVES NOT PULLED BACK TO WAIT FOR SWAT-I HAVE TAKEN LIFE 6 TIMES IN LINE OF DUTY ALL WERE FACE TO FACE GUNFIGHTS - I WAS JUST BETTER THAN THE BAD GUYS- MY MENTOR WAS THE LAST GREAT AMERICAN GUNFIGHTER(JIM CERULLO)-WE CLEANED UP OUR MESSES-COP TO BEA CAN BE A NATURAL EXTENSION- I AM A HUNTER I HUNT PEOPLE IT SEEMS LIKE THE NATURAL THING TO DUE-MY ASSOCIATE LAW SAYS I WAS BORN TO HUNT-IT IS THE ENGINE THAT PUMPS MY BLOOD.THERE ARE SOME LEOS THAT NEEDS STRUCTURE-WITH OUT IT THEY ARE LOST-SOME OF US WORK BEST ON OUR OWN

I WAS A DETECTIVE 2ND GRADE IWOULD GOTTEN 1ST GRADE THE NEXT YEAR BUT WOULD NOT HAVE RISEN ANY FURTHER BECAUSE IT WOULD CAUSE ME TO LEAVE THE STREETS.THAT IE WHERE I BELONG AND BE AS LONG AS I CAN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 18 Mar 2005 22:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hadley,
I know what you mean i got into this in 1973 myself.

To all the New people, where i was going with all this is Most of us that take time to post here have been in the bussiness for many years most of us learned from the school of hard knocks. Just because you can take a test with the answers out of a book you read does not make you a BEA or you go to a school for 3 days. It will take years to learn this trade and you will never stop learning things have changed alot since 1973 some for the good some not so good. Knowledge is your best tool, don't cut corners and go out into the street and make a mistake it could be your last. or you wind up being the one behind the bars because of a mistake of not knowing what you are doing. So please take the long road and become one of the best train. train, train.

Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Last edited by DMARTZ on Sat 19 Mar 2005 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: BEA TRAINING
 Post Posted: Sat 19 Mar 2005 06:13 
in memoriam

DAVE ALL THIS TV GLITZ AND GLAMOUR GIVES MANY PEOPLE THE WRONG VIEW OF WHAT WE DO.THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS BUSINESS WE ARE IN-APPROX FIFTY PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE I ARREST ARE ARMED MOST WITH GUNS-THAT IS THE POTENTIAL FOR MAJOR TROUBLE AND LOSS OF LIFE(HERE IN NH IT IS VERY RARE FOR MISDOMEANORS TO HAVE SURETY BAIL MOST ARE RELEASED ON ROR)

WHAT DOGGIE DU-DU DOES IS BULL-IF MY TEAM ACTED LIKE THEM I WOULD QUIT THE BUSINESS IN A NEW YORK SECOND.
WE ARE FACED WITH HARDENED CRIMINALS EVERY DAY WHO DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO JAIL AND WILL HURT US TO STAY OUT.WE JUST POPPED A 22 YEAR OLD MALE THAT WAS SENTENCED TO 20 TO 40 YEARS AND HAD BEEN INVOLVED IN 3 SHOOTOUTS WHEN CONFRONTED BY PD(WHEN WE POPPED HIM HE HAD A 9MM BERRETA IN HIS BELT AND A SAWED OFF SHOTGUN IN HIS CAR) ON ANOTHER POP 3 OF MY ASSOCIATED ALMOST GOT RUN OVER(I THINK IT WAS THE LASER DOT FROM A SIG 220 ON THE SKIPS FOREHEAD THAT CAUSED HIM TO STOP)

THIS BUSINESS DOES NOT SUFFER FOOLS AND AMATURES-IF YOU WANT IN PAY YOUR DUES LEARN THE RIGHT WAY AND MAYBE WHEN YOUR OLD AND RETIRED IN A ROCKING CHAIR IN FRONT OF THE FIRE YOU CAN TELL YOUR GRAND KIDS STORIES OF YOUR EXPLOITS RIDDING OUR STREETS OF SCUM BAGS TOO OR MAYBE YOU WILL JUST BE KICKING YOURSELF FOR DOING THIS INSANE JOB TO LONG.WHO KNOWS.
MY DOCTOR KEEPS TELLING ME THAT THE HOLLOW BETWEEN MY EARS WILL HEAL SOMEDAY IF I LIVE THAT LONG(MY WIFE OF 25 YEARS SAYS THE SAME THING)SHE ALSO SAYS IF I GET A REAL JOB WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO MOVE OUT OF THE CARDBOARD BOX WE LIVE IN AND MAYBE AFFORD A TENT-I KEEP SAYING SHE IS SPOILED AND SAY HOW EAST IT IS CLEAN A CARDBOARD BOX AND ALSO THE EASE OF MOVING TO A NEW AND BETTER NEIGHBORHOOD

Post subject: WANNABES
 Post Posted: Sun 20 Mar 2005 09:21 
in memoriam

GUYS FINALLY GOT ALL THE INFO-THIS PROBLEM WAS IN LYNN MA. THE A-HOLES NAME WAS RAMON PEREZ-CRUZ AGE 51 FROM HAZELTON PA.-HE WAS FOUND CHASING A SUSPECTED DRUG SELLER THRU THE STREET OF LYNN IN A VEHICLE WITH BLUE LIGHTS AND DISPLAYING A GOLD DETECTIVES BADGE-WHEN HE WAS PULLED OVER HE CLAIMED HE WAS WORKING UNDERCOVER FOR THE POLICE(NOT EVEN A BAIL SKIP JUST SOMEONE HE SAW MAKING A SALE.---HE WAS TRAINED BY THE U.S. RECOVERY BUREAU OUT OF PASSIC N.J. AND SHOWED THE LYNN PD HIS ID SHOWING HIM TO BE A U.S. RECOVERY BUREAU AGENT.

HIS LIST OF CHARGES INCLUDE IMPERSONATING A POLICE OFFICER-DISPLAYING A BLUE LITE WITHOUT AUTHORITY DRIVING A UNREGISTERED AND UNINSURED MOTOR VEHICLE-THIS IN MY OPINION IS THE CRAP WE NEED TO GET RID OF OR ELSE WE AS A GROUP OF PRO BEA WILL CEASE TO EXSIST

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion