Congressmen Call For Protection Of Duane 'Dog' Chapman • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Congressmen Call For Protection Of Duane 'Dog' Chapman
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 17:35 

HONOLULU, Hawaii Oct. 11, 2006 — Twenty-nine congressmen have sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asking her to deny the extradition of Duane "Dog" Chapman to Mexico, where he faces charges of illegal detention and conspiracy.

Chapman, who is the star of the popular TV show "Dog The Bounty Hunter," was arrested last month along with two of his co-stars after his capture of fugitive convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, on June 18, 2003, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Chapman was released on $300,000 bail the next day. He must attend extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico, where bounty hunting is considered a crime.

"It seems that Mexican authorities are pressing this case only because they are so stung by the embarrassment of failing where Mr. Chapman succeeded," Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo, chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, said in the Sept. 26 dated letter signed by 28 other congressmen.

Chapman's capture of Luster, who had fled the country during his trial on charges he raped three women, catapulted the 53-year-old bounty hunter to fame and led to the Hawaii-based reality series on A&E. Luster is now serving a 124-year prison term.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 17:47 

Gee, can you tell it's an election year? Anything to get your name in print.

Post subject: Congressmen Call For Protection Of Duane 'Dog' Chapman
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 18:14 

Yes! they (congressman) are coming out of the wood work in support of Duane "Dog" Chapman.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 23:04 
in memoriam

I do not see any names attached to this article. Who are these so-called 29 congressmen? I sure would like to know. :lol:

TX PI LIC #A-09665
(409) 284-1895
http://360.yahoo.com/ftachaser357
"For every DEFENDANT that fails to appear in Court, there is a VICTIM seeking Justice"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 03:27 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

http://tancredo.house.gov/Media/File/Ri ... 20Letter(2).pdf

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 05:29 
in memoriam

Thanks Jake! I will be firing off emails to these elected officals, letting them know what I think about them, in protecting a wanted felon.

TX PI LIC #A-09665
(409) 284-1895
"For every DEFENDANT that fails to appear in Court, there is a VICTIM seeking Justice"

Post subject: The Dog
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 09:24 

Mr Hedrick,
After reading the post about a wanted felony call Duane 'Dog' Chapman.I made a call to Mexico about the Dog.Mr Garcia head of the warrants in Mexico said they want the three dogs back to stand trial.My bail agent company put up $6000 for the three dog's ride back to Mexico.
The post of the 29 congressmen was forward to the FJPD and the extradition department in Mexico city.Daniel F. Cabeza de Vaca Hernández is in charge.

Nationwide Bounty Hunter
Mexico city,Mexico

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 10:00 

So the guy in charge in Mexico is named Daniel "Cow Head" Hernandez? That's interesting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 10:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
I used to have a lot of respect for Congressman Tancredo. He is from Colorado so I'm wondering if there was something thrown his way from the Chapman clan. Maybe a contribution???

Then again, he is for tough border control of illegals. So maybe this is a way to stick it to Mexico.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 15:45 
in memoriam

Hmmm? Somebody joins this forum today from Mexico and ONLY replys to my little posting. Interesting.

I wonder if my 50 some emails to members of Congress and the press had anything to do with this?

I have been a life long supporter of the GOP. But here lately, MY Party has turned out to be nothing more than a bunch of child molesting covering WHORES! I am so PISSED OFF they are now SUPPORTING "The Puppy".

I hope THEY all get booted out of office!

TX PI LIC #A-09665
(409) 284-1895

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage