Seeking info • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Seeking info
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Aug 2006 17:52 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Hey gang, I'm from Minnesota and looking to get into Bail bonding and eventually into bail enforcement (they call them investigators here I believe).

I have a background in information technology and hold a degree in criminal justice. I'm completely BORED with my line of work. I am so interested in a different life and know that I don't really want to work for the city, state and feds. I want something more challenging and not 9-5 and not a "shift"...working in bail bonding is what I felt would be a good choice for me to look into.

I have no idea how to even get started, so I am posting here to try to get more info. Help if you can!

What I have done so far, is looked up the local bond agencies, called a couple and talked to a guy who referred me to the boss lady. I will call her tomorrow. But I don't really know what I can say to her, except explain my interets and background and what I can offer the agency.

I don't know what the pay is either, I know I will probably have to take a hit for awhile on that, but I figure if I'm changing my life, it's all going to have to change.

btw...I'm a woman, 37 years old and single and don't have children to get in the way of a new career move.

Any help from you all would be appreciated.

~BG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Aug 2006 18:57 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

That's another line of work I am interested in actually. One of my friends works in the insurance field and she said that I'm the model type to do insurance.

PI work intersts me as well. I have many things to consider and right now, instead of focusing on looking for a new IT job (currently at one that I very disappointed with)...I need to focus on my new interests and everything considerable with the career change.

Agent, would you PM me a light descriptive of the job and where you are located? I would consider moving, that is an option for me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 06 Aug 2006 20:19 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

I sent you a test PM.

I did welfare fraud in college as my internship, I did work similar to that and feel very comfortable in people's homes.

Post subject: Chat
 Post Posted: Tue 08 Aug 2006 18:37 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

I had a chat with the local "big" bonds company today. She was a lovely woman and told me how their business worked, they are very professional and barely need a BEA. She said they are very strict and only have one BEA, and most of their financials are done by collectors.

She did have an interest in my computer background though and will be talking to the supervisor about me.

I am sending my resume to another big company this week and will try to talk to him.

Other than that, I'm exploring many other investigative opportunities and seeing what else is out there, insurance, PI work, etc.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion