In The News • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: In The News
 Post Posted: Fri 02 Jun 2006 16:06 
in memoriam

Friday, 06/02/06

Fugitive wounded in bounty hunter shooting to face grand jury

By CHRISTIAN BOTTORFF
Staff writer

The case of a man who was shot early last month while being captured by a bounty hunter will have his domestic assault case heard by a Davidson County Grand jury, a Nashville judge decided today.

Juan Wilson, 25, is accused of domestic assault, aggravated assault, felony probation violation and failure to appear in court. In court yesterday, a woman testified that Wilson shot at her car and set her car on fire at her home. Wilson’s sister, mother and brother testified that he had been with them around the times when the alleged assaults occurred.

Wilson’s arrest was highlighted recently after bounty hunter Ronald Moseley, 26, shot at him May 8 at a shopping center at 28th Avenue North.

The bounty hunter was trying to capture Wilson on the outstanding warrants after receiving a tip that Wilson was there, Metro police said.

Moseley fired a “warning” shot at Wilson, then Wilson fired back, police said witnesses told them.

TSU police officer Frank White, who was eating lunch nearby, ran outside to intervene and also fired several shots.

Moseley’s brother, Stephen Moseley, was shot in the back. Moseley’s half-brother, Steven Hicks, also fired shots during the encounter, police said.

Wilson, whose arm was in a sling during yesterday’s court hearing, was arrested after he showed up at Centennial Medical Center, police said.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 02 Jun 2006 17:13 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2351
Experience: More than 10 years
he shot she shot hell we all shot

Omaha, Nebraska.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 02 Jun 2006 18:58 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

A "warning shot" lol... what a completely idiotic thing to do... not meaning to cast judgement but other than in military situations, warning shots are generaly HUGE no-no's as the risks involved in such a monuever outweighes the benefits.

I am wondering if it was really a warning shot or if Mr. Mosley just said that in an attempt to sound better. In any case I am assuming it was the campus police who shot Mosely's brother in the back.

I'm not supporting Mr. Mosely per se as it seems there may have been factors against him (ie; non licensed - though I don't think he was unapproved by the bond company as how else did he get the bond info?) and some bad tactics were involved. Just making a comment as to the Cluster F*** that happened between them, the fugutive and the campus police...

I must confess to chuckling heartily as I picture in my head what went down.... especially with what Agentgraf posted LOL.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion