PBUS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Feb 2006 13:10 

Gunner and Hounddog, you seem very informed and youre opinions are appreciated. I personally take the position of an observer. In that I mean that I carefully watch how stereotypical BEA's (Dog) operate, how mom & pop bail bond stores work, and how General Agencies do business. I have a very unique position within the national bonding/recovery scene and all of these streams of input are valuable. I am a PBUS member, I am a member of my home states Bail Agents Association, I am an associate member of 4 othere states Bail Agent Associations, I run a small retail shop, I represent an insurance company, and I am a NIBE graduate. Therefore I do not reject any chances to hear what others have to say or try to quell there individual efforts. I try to not only help myself but I also try to inform and assist everyone involved in making sure people appear in court. Dog is not the issue and he is not why I made my last posts. People get upset with PBUS and certain likenesses of themselves because they are afraid that those persons will have an influence on their own personal position or operation. Now, other than fuss about what those peolpe are doing or judge them for reflecting negatively on yourselves, why not assemble, solicit, or organize a group of like minded professionals who can speak for your own cause and not simply react to what others are doing or have already done? Proactiveness is the only thing that is going to curtail bystanders from assuming you are just another example of the images they see and hear about on TV and in the news. Opinions welcome?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Feb 2006 23:31 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

USA23 wrote:
So called (du-du) DOG, presented himself very well and made some pretty strong arguments for gun control, safe skip tracing, and making money in this business.

I'm not entering into the "dog" debate, but I will say that I am very much a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA. Sure, someone who cannot legally carry a handgun would not want anyone else to carry one. However, I would NEVER consider being in this business without having the means to adequately protect myself. In fact, I carried long before I got into this field. (It's good to be an American.)

I am ASP certified and certified in the use of OC Spray as well, but when faced with a life-threatening situation, that simply is not enough. I carry every day, on duty and off. That being said, I have yet to unholster my sidearm while on a job, a record I hope to keep intact.

Indiana Recovery License #243
Richmond, IN
(765) 977-3984

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Mar 2006 07:53 

Kevin Rose wrote:
USA23 wrote:
So called (du-du) DOG, presented himself very well and made some pretty strong arguments for gun control, safe skip tracing, and making money in this business.

I'm not entering into the "dog" debate, but I will say that I am very much a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA. Sure, someone who cannot legally carry a handgun would not want anyone else to carry one. However, I would NEVER consider being in this business without having the means to adequately protect myself. In fact, I carried long before I got into this field.

I myself am a daily concealed weapon carrier and would not advise anyone to do recoveries without adequate protection. I am also aware that there are reasons why Mr. Chapman cannot carry a gun. I simply was stating that his appearance was not to glorify his way of doing recovery work it was much more focused on safety and political issues. His message was quite the opposite from what I think we all were expecting in Vegas. Anyhow, I am enjoying these retorts!

Post subject: saftey
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Mar 2006 10:40 
in memoriam

USA23--THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK--HOW CAN DU-DU TALK ABOUT SAFETY WHEN ON HIS SHOW NONE OF HIS POPS ARE DONE WITH TACTICS AND OR SCENE CONTROL--THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO USE OF AGENT SAFETY PROCEDURES SHOWN IN ANY EPISODE--IF HE PRACTISED HIS BRAND OF AGENT SAFETY IN ANY MAJOR METRO AREA
HE AND HIS CLAN WOULD BE DEAD IN A MATTER OF DAYS--

HE DOES KNOW HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON SURETY BONDS I CONGRATULATE ON THAT

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 02 Mar 2006 12:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

USA23 I appreciate your well spoken words. I do think that some members here have tried to offer themselves in the past to PBUS without any response from them. I would be more than willing to attend their conventions along with others in this industry to inform, educate, train and explain the right way and the pros and cons of this type of work. It would be refreshing to show a large organization that there are professionals out here that take pride in the way they do and handle their jobs on a daily basis.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 03 Mar 2006 12:42 

Again, I agree with both Gunner and Hounddog. It would probably serve the profession as a whole to entertain experienced and respected BEA's at these meetings rather than strictly media darlings. As for the "dog" speaking about safety, well he did'nt once say that his style was the safe way to do recoveries. He was simply trying to get the message across that being safe while doing recoveries does'nt necessarily mean holding your gun. (The irony is of course there in that, as most of you know, he is forbidden to carry a firearm.)

PH

Post subject: guns
 Post Posted: Sat 04 Mar 2006 20:28 
in memoriam

AS A MATTER OF FACT I WOULD NOT ATTEMPT A ARREST WITH OUT MY TEAM BEING ARMED-AS A MATTER OF FACT I HAVE ONLY DRAWN MY WEAPON ONCE AS A BEA(IN RESPONSE TO AN OLD LADY WITH A SHOTGUN)AND MOST TIMES YOU CAN NOT SEE OUR HANDGUNS-AS SAID BEFORE SOMETIMES JUST THE SHOW OF FORCE CALMS THINGS DOWN

ALSO ALL IT TAKES IS ONCE AND ONE OF US ARE NOT COMING HOME-I FOR ONE AM NOT WILLING TO TAKE THAT RISK-THIS IS AN EXTREMELY HIGH RISK PROFFESSION AND TO DO THIS IN THE REAL WORLD UNARMED IS INVITING A CATASTROPHY--GUNS ARE ONLY TOOLS JUST LIKE CUFFS OR PEPPER SPRAY-THEY ARE NOT GOOD OR BAD-PEOPLE MAKE THEM DANGEROUS-UNTRAINED UNQUALIFIED IDIOTS ARE THE DANGER NOT THE GUN--UNFORTUNETLY MANY SO CALLED BEA TODAY FIT THAT PROFILE--THE GLUT OF UNQUALIFIED SCHOOLS TEACHING A BUNCH OF TV COWBOYS TO BE BEAS IN 2 OR 3 OR 10 DAYS IS INSANE TO SAY THE LEAST

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO OPEN OUR EYES AND SAY NO MORE--THIS TV CRAP NEEDS TO STOP BEFORE A MAJOR DISASTER BEFALLS SOME INNOCENT CIVILIAN AND ALL BEAS BECOME BAD GUYS--ALL OF US NEED TO TAKE UP THE FIGHT

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 07 Mar 2006 07:06 

Well, do something then !!

Post subject: WE ARE
 Post Posted: Tue 07 Mar 2006 10:09 
in memoriam

MOST PRO BEAS ARE DOING SOMETHING -WE WORK WITH OUR STATE AND FEDERAL LEGISLATORS TO PASS LICENSING AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR OUR INDUSTRY--MY CURRENT PROJECT IS MAINE AND VERMONT--I HAVE ASSISTED OUR FRIENDS IN NJ AND MANY OTHER LOCALS--PROBLEM IN BOTH MAINE AND VERMONT BOTH STATES ARE WORKED MOSTLY BY US SO THEWRE HAS BEEN NO TROUBLE SO THE LEGISLATORS SAY NO PROBLEM WHY PASS A BILL I SAY TO KEEP FROM HAVING PROBLEMS DOWN THE LINE

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 07 Mar 2006 10:51 

Thats a good start! Keep up the work!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion