Just when you think it's not worth your time!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Just when you think it's not worth your time!!
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Nov 2012 19:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
I'm putting this out in the open for all the new folks to see and hopefully learn and understand why some of us old guys get aggravated with some questions that we've answered over and over and how you can ensure that we'll help you when needed.

About a year ago I got a call from a young man who had been licensed as a bondsman in NC. I have no idea how he got my number or knew my name. Anyways, this young man was very polite and he obviously wanted to do things right in this business so I answered a few of his questions and told him if he needed any other information to give me a call. He called me probably four or five times with other questions which I answered to the best of my ability, he thanked me each time and that was that....I thought! I get an email tonight from this young man thanking me for taking his calls and answering his questions. It turns out he is doing very well in a fairly large county in NC and he wanted to thank me and wish me and my family happy Hollidays.

I can assure you I did nothing to ensure his success, he did that on his own, I just answered a few questions and he took it from there.

There are a few guys on this forum that have called and emailed me with questions and I was happy to answer them because they asked the questions in a polite manner and it was obvious they really wanted to learn.

The moral to this story is, if you need help in this business please don't call or email with the attitude that you know everything and just need a question or two answered, you won't get anything from me if you think you already know it all, and there are people on this forum that know much more than me about this profession and they will help you but please be polite and listen, otherwise you won't get much.

I just really wanted to share the email sent to me, it kinda made my day.

Take care

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post subject: Re: Just when you think it's not worth your time!!
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Nov 2012 21:06 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
It seem's I'm not the only one who harasses you on a regular basis.

Now I don't feel so bad :D

Bail License #40313820

Post Posted: Fri 16 Nov 2012 21:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You nevr harass me Ken. I'm happy to help any way I can. Problem is, some ask for help and you never hear from em again. BTW, The phone number to the house we talked about is active, no answering machine, just keeps on ringing. Maybe call it peiodically and someone will answer. Tell em wrong number, then take the drive to the house. Have you reversed the number?

Anyways, just a thought.

Take care

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Sun 18 Nov 2012 00:46 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Quote:
The moral to this story is, if you need help in this business please don't call or email with the attitude

Thankful that there are people like you in this world, Bill. Most of the time it's the other way around, some are too high up the saddle of their horse :(

BailSpeak Alumni
N.A.B.B.I member

Post Posted: Sun 18 Nov 2012 09:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Most of the proven professionals on here will help anyone with a few caveats: You must be willing to help yourself, you must not require spoon feeding, you must follow directions or instructions. There is no free lunch and no short cuts to wealth. Anyone that has gone away thinking that they have been given a raw deal from the members here has violated one or all of those rules.

On another note, all of us, regardless of level of experience, have benefited from our association with Bill Williams and others, for advice, ideas, experience and different eyes on a case when you believe that you are at a dead end. The professional courtesies extended here are both invaluable as well as immeasurable and quite humbling.

I love my FRN family!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 18 Nov 2012 14:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Tony,

First, Thanks for the kind words but I have to tell you and anybody else that wants to know, I don't know of one verified member that is not willing to help a fellow Bail Agent out. Heck, I call a few on here myself when I've come to the end of my rope and they have been very willing to answer my questions but they won't spoon feed me either and that's the way it should be. You see, these guys know that spoon feeding someone will only hurt them in the long run. It causes dependency and in this business, as you know, you have to be able to think on your feet and investigations require that you dig for information.

I always suggest to any fairly new person and frankly anybody in this business period to google "Scott MacLean Bounty Hunter". Folks can get some really good information from there. I also suggest they go to his website and start reading, man there are years of free info there. Bill Marx, Tony Suggs, Joe Stiles, Matt Arnold, Steve Faircloth, Jeff NYPD Blue, Gene aka DSI, Randall Crew, John Marshall, KARMA Luvonda, David M, TrapTeam and many others will help the new guys but remember, if you want help from these folks, be polite, tell them what your problem is, be quiet and listen.

I could have listed many more but don't have the time right now. I would have mentioned Scott's website but not sure he wants it in the open, pm him if anybody wants it.

BTW, I'm not mentioning Scott M because I know he'll see it, I'm mentioning it because his website and the stories you find when googled will help tremendously.

Take care

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Post Posted: Sun 18 Nov 2012 21:17 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4150
Experience: < 3 years
B Williams wrote:
You nevr harass me Ken. I'm happy to help any way I can. Problem is, some ask for help and you never hear from em again. BTW, The phone number to the house we talked about is active, no answering machine, just keeps on ringing. Maybe call it peiodically and someone will answer. Tell em wrong number, then take the drive to the house. Have you reversed the number?

I've been getting the same ringing for days with no answer.

However, since my guy is a "momma's boy" I think I'm going to make a surprise visit to his mothers house on thanksgiving. The fact that he has few friends and the fact that his parents seem to be protecting him leads me to believe that he wont miss a holiday with his mother.

Bail License #40313820

Post Posted: Mon 19 Nov 2012 07:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
They all go to momma's...we caught one a few years ago Thanksgiving morning...no turkey for you!!!

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Tue 20 Nov 2012 01:08 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Bill if I recall correctly,you were one of those new guys not so long ago.As were every one of us at some point.excellent suggestions for new recruits.you will catch more flies with honey right?! This industry as well as this organization will succeed only with its participants willing to help each other.share our ideas and skills among us,not because anyone is entitled to it but because we all wish to see this industry thrive in the best possible way.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Tue 20 Nov 2012 11:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Jay,

Long time no hear. You are exactly right. Not long ago I was considered new to this forum (Not new to this business) and one of the first person's I talked to was you. If I'm not mistaken I asked you about my getting licensed in Tn, which I have done. Anyways, glad to see you're back on FRN and I hope things are going well.

Take care!

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion