Bounty Wars • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bounty Wars
 Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 09:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
“BOUNTY WARS” TARGETS DISCOVERY CHANNEL IN JULY

Competition Series Premieres July 8 at 10PM ET/PT

When a fugitive skips court and goes on the run, bail bonds companies are on the hook for the money. To motivate bounty hunters to find the accused and recover their cash, these companies create competitions. BOUNTY WARS tells the stories of these real competitions. In a race against the clock, three bounty hunting teams from California-based Bad Boys Bail Bonds are given five days to put a list of accused in custody while earning big bucks for taking big chances. It’s a wild ride with dangerous captures and distinctive characters, and the chase begins Sunday, July 8 at 10PM ET/PT.

In an uncertain economy, bounty hunting has become a way for some to earn the extra money needed to make ends meet. BOUNTY WARS features both men and women, accomplished and veteran bounty hunters that include a former police officer, a part time school teacher, a former model, a former U.S. Marine, and a former correctional officer, among others, who put it all on the line to earn their compensation. Bail amounts increase with the severity of both the crime and the flight risk of the accused; the higher the bounty the more difficult the chase, and the sweeter the payoff in the end. And the team who brings in the accused with the highest bail amounts in the end will earn an extra $10,000 bonus from Bad Boys Bail Bonds president C. Jeffrey Stanley who is on a mission to serve the community by guaranteeing the accused appear in court.

The stories of the defendants are compelling and the crimes wide ranging, including felony hit and run, concealed weapons charges, meth possession, prostitution, forgery, identity theft, robbery, child endangerment, driving violations, and possession of tear gas. Each bounty hunting team – Team Chris, Team Adrian, and Team Art – have their own approach, one more strategic and outrageous than the next. Some of the defendants are pathological in their behavior while others just made poor choices, and each capture is an opportunity for the accused to face the charges and put the crime behind them.

Which team strategy brings in the highest bounties? Will the women team members outsmart and outperform the men on their team? It’s an amazing and exciting race to the end each week.

BOUNTY WARS is Executive Produced by Steve Michaels and Jonathan Koch for Asylum Entertainment; Executive Produced by Keri Selig and Sonia Slutsky; and Executive Produced by Craig Coffman with Tara Hunter for Discovery Channel.

About Discovery Channel

Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 210 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.

Post subject: Re: Bounty Wars
 Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 10:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Here we go again .. another black eye for the industry ! ..

A race to see who catches the most and how fast ! OMG.. someone is going to get killed.. or arrested ..and I dont mean the bad guy.

Pickups are a necessary evil in our business.. pickups are not to be looked at like some fun game .. they can cost you your life or serious injury ..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 11:16 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I agree. This doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

954-298-5579

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 11:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
I'm very upset by this :(

Since when is apprehending criminals a sport, game or contest ?

Anyone that's been in this business a quick minute knows that coming in behind someone else increases your risk factor in a big way.

This is the sort of thing that will destroy our credibility and get us all legislated out of business. Far worse than even DTBH.

I don't think that TV producers have any clue of what this profession entails or how foolish an endeavor this is.

I will be looking into making a complaint / protest to the Discovery Channel. If NABBI wants to work together on this let me know.

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 12:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
It is also going to "wake" wanna-be's up. Just like DTBH did. All kinds of losers/riff raff will see our profession as a "get rich quick" scheme. Be prepared for the phones to start ringing from these idiots.

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 13:42 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Hey... it's like "gas wars".... or "competition wars".... of any kind... the consumer wins....

Yep.... I am ecstatic about it.... can't wait... !!! I have a skip that I can't find and I'm gonna give it to these guys.... ya just can't go wrong and I figure it'll probably cost me maybe $50.... what a deal.... yep.... the consumer wins....

I may just give all my business to these guys..... course, I don't usually have but maybe 3 skips a year... and their usually only $2500 at the most... but hey.... they can fly over here to Virginia... pick up my skip for me, I'll pay em $50 and then when the 'Bad Boys Bounty" get locked up for working in Va. with no license I can bond them out and make my money back plus some.... what a deal... of course, being from out of state I will have to get full collateral but they can afford it.............. their TV personalities.... :shock: :roll: :mrgreen: and hell, I may even get on TV too... and then........ I'll be famous.... I can see it now...............
"FREE STATE BAIL BONDS".... SPEEZACK GOES TO HOLLYWOOD!!.....

... I may even get a patent on my lime green Clorox water pistol.... and my tactical sandals.... !!

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 14:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
The producers came by the May OCBAA meeting trying to get bondsmen to "give" them cases. They said they preferred cases less than thirty days old. Before I could stop myself, I snickered and said, "yeah so do I!" I was actually irritated because it will only further the DTBH mentality That bounty hunting is a thrill a minute and cases are all closed in thirty minutes minus commercials.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 16:29 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Another DOG and PONY show./ Sorry just a reminder why this Industry is in danger. Legislatures will outlaw Private Bail just because of DOG. come on Hawaii/ Colorado put him out of Business.
How many Felonies does it take to have a TV Show
Murder Yeah that was one Crime..All About Money.
On February 28, 1976 in Pampa, Texas Chapman was charged and convicted of DWI.

Also in Pampa, Texas on September 16, 1976 he was charged with Homicide. On August 18, 1977 he began serving a five-year sentence and paroled on January 31, 1979. His parole was terminated on December 20, 1980.

No mention is made in his Texas criminal record of arrest or convictions for armed robbery though Chapman claims to have been arrested 18 times for armed robbery. However, he does have two more DWI’s, Burglary, Possession of Burglar Tools, etc.

August 21, 2002 complaints were filed against Chapman for Obstructing a Peace Officer and Disorderly Conduct-Unreasonable Noise (case number 2002M 003004) in Adams County, Colorado court. On 12-12-02 the DA dismissed the obstructing complaint. He pled guilty to the disorderly and received a fine totaling $386.00, inclusive of court costs, etc.

On January 25, 2000 in the Denver County Court he was charged with Disturbing the Peace and Assault (case number 00GS933296); both cases dismissed on 5-15-02.

In the same court on 5-28-99 he was charged with a Seat Belt Violation (imagine that!). He pled guilty and paid a fine totaling $68.11, inclusive of court costs, etc.

On 3-5-98 he was charged with Threats To Person/Property (case number 98GS915487) and entered a not guilty plea. No disposition is listed.

On 10-09-97 Mr. Chapman was complained against for Disturbing The Peace and Assault. He pled not guilty. No disposition of the matter is listed.

In the same court on 8-25-99 he was charged with Violation of Court Orders (case number 99GS807757). He then posted a $500.00 bond and was released. On 9-10-99 he FAILED TO APPEAR! I don’t know the outcome of the case. It is listed that he pleaded not guilty and the case is closed without any additional information.

Again in the same court on 8-15-90 he was charged with Threats To Person/Property and Disturbance By Use Of Phone (case number 90GS012017). He requested a jury trial and the case eventually wound down to nothing.

From the court records Mr. Chapman has several listings under ‘height’ as being 5’0”, 5’2”, 5’5”, 5’7” and even one listing as 5’11”. His ‘weight’ is listed as ranging from 100 lbs. to 205 lbs. What is he, rubber man?

In the Jefferson County, Colorado Court on 12-21-97 Mr. Chapman was charged with Failure To Present Proof Of Insurance, Use Of Vehicle Without Registration and Driving With License Expired (case number 1997T 015610). On 7-29-98 he pled not guilty to the failure to present proof of insurance, then changed his plea to guilty and received a fine. He pled not guilty on the remaining two complaints and the DA ultimately dismissed them.

In Jefferson County, Colorado on 10-9-98 he was charged with Forcible Entry and Detainer (case number 1998C 011706). Not guilty plea entered and the case was dismissed by DA on 1-15-99.

In the Denver County Court on 5-18-88 he was charged with Threats To Person/Property (case number 88GS723787). Not guilty plea entered. No disposition listed.

In the same court on 10-10-88 complaints were filed for Disturbing The Peace, Disorderly Intoxification and IMPERSONATING AN OFFICER. All he received was a fine totaling $91.00.

Also in the Denver County Court on 9-12-88 a complaint was filed against him for Disturbing The Peace (case number 88GS883457). He entered a not guilty plea and the case was continued without a finding.

On 1-10-02 charges were filed against Beth Smith, a/k/a Alice E. Barmore, in the Jefferson County Court (case number 2002CR000080) for Extortion-Unlawful Act (2 counts), False Imprisonment (2 counts), Forgery-Check/Commercial Instrument and Obstructing Government Operations. Her co-defendant, Mary Angell, was also charged with the same complaints except for the obstruction charge and had an additional charge of Forgery 2.

All charges on Ms. Barmore were dismissed by the DA except for obstructing government operations (misdemeanor); she pled guilty and received a fine of $750.00 plus court costs and a $25.00 fee for to make the fine in installment payments. It is rumored part of the agreement with the DA was she would surrender her bail license in Colorado, much to the relief of real bail agents with whom she always argued with, swore at and threatened. She is perhaps the most despised person in the bail industry.

The charges against Ms. Angell were dismissed except for Forgery 2. She received a sentence of court fees and related costs totaling $155.00, one (1) year suspended jail sentence and fifty (50) hours of community service. It has been suggested she also had her bail license suspended for one year but that is unverified. She is infamous for threatening law suits but she fails to recognize there is no law suit when facts are recorded and shared with the media. Besides, there are many in the field that would love to file a counter suit against that, er… woman. Think the media would exploit that aspect? They sure would!

Barmore has appeared in the Denver County Court in years 1994, 1996, 1998 and 1999 facing charges of Assault (two times), Disturbing The Peace, Threats To Person/Property and Disobedience to Lane Assignment.

Kidnapping Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 18-Jun-2003
False Arrest Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 18-Jun-2003
Conspiracy Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 18-Jun-2003

Currently FTA In Mexico. anyone want the Bounty??

Crime Pays Only When you're the One Paid to Enforce the Law.......

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 17:35 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Quote:
Kidnapping Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 18-Jun-2003
False Arrest Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 18-Jun-2003
Conspiracy Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 18-Jun-2003

Currently FTA In Mexico. anyone want the Bounty??

If I'm not mistaken, those charges have been dealt with already.

Post Posted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 17:54 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Yes I apologize I checked and yes the Mexico charges were basically dismissed by a Mexico Three judge Panal..

Crime Pays Only When you're the One Paid to Enforce the Law.......

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage