Agents Shoot Dog • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Agents Shoot Dog
 Post Posted: Sat 23 Jun 2012 10:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I tend to agree with Lu on one item... (imagine that???? 8) )...

I think the 'Pit Bull' excitement is a bit overblown.... I think one of the problems with this overreaction is the absolute fact that I see a lot of "druggy type' tough guys.... in the "hood" (FYI.... there are 'hoods' in many different sections of the cities.... and I could care less what color you are... as a matter of fact... 'skinheads' piss me off much more that 'Black Panthers'... ) are buying these 'Pits' because they seem to think the dogs elicit a "tough guy" appearance.... I have been told that by the ones that do it............. and they walk the streets with the dogs on big thick chains... and they will turn a decent dog into the ones we tend to fear... I frankly feel sorry for the dogs.... anyway, that is my take on the 'Pit' problem.

I am of the opinion that if you treat an 8lb. Pekingese or a little Shiatsu bad and make him mean.... he can bite you just as quick as a Pit.... or a Beagle.... or a Mastiff.

Image Image

Now here's a couple of real "holy terrors".....

I think if someone shot one of these.... I would very likely be in jail.... they are family... but this still does not address the problem of this thread... I think the problem in this instance... was the owner and the son... I think they killed their dog just as much as the shooter.... IMHO.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 23 Jun 2012 13:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
I think the problem in this instance... was the owner and the son... I think they killed their dog just as much as the shooter

YUP and my opinion deserve to be shot for their total lack of respect of LIFE

Bill, even those poor Souls that are possessed by the MONSTERS are not the same dogs once they are rescued from their tormentors . . . . just look at all the PitType dogs that are taken out of Fighting Rings . . . they are not what they are portrayed to be and quite a few are murdered by the MONSTERs because they will not fight to defend themselves :'(
I have a real short fuse when it comes to the dogs :evil:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 23 Jun 2012 22:52 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Now see, when I go to a house that I KNOW has dogs I keep my OC handy just for that reason. My very second time out I had a German Shepherd run up to me as soon as I got out of the car. The idiot I was with was gonna spray it, but I've had dogs all my life and I could see he was just curious, not aggressive at that point. So instead of being afraid and showing him I was an enemy I just leaned down like I was calling him to come over and get a treat. Well he came over and I pet him on the head and he laid down so I rubbed his belly. Well after that he stuck right beside me the whole time I was there.

Now sure, that can't always be the case. I do think that the agent acted within his rights. Personally I would have just sprayed the dog. I would NOT have tried to instigate or escalate a confrontation with the property owner. And that's the real issue. Too many guys get into this business with a chip on their shoulder trying to prove they are a tough guy and it gives real professionals a bad reputation. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been talking to a police officer, telling them who I was and they say, "Oh, like Dog." I know you all hear it too. Its real easy to screw up and end up in the news for taking the wrong person or breaking into the wrong house or shooting a dog or even getting yourself into a gunfight that you could have avoided. We already have this unrealistic social stigma so we are under extra scrutiny. Moreover, I find that avoiding the "billy bad boy" mentality and showing respect and personal restraint goes a long way into making the job easier. I've even turned fugitives into jail that shook my hand and said that it was a pleasure to meet me.

As an afterthought... don't pitbulls have the same kind of undeserved reputation that we do?

Jeremy W. Haas
Falcon Recovery Agency
Indianapolis, Indiana
(317) 224-6522

Post Posted: Sun 24 Jun 2012 05:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
As an afterthought... don't pitbulls have the same kind of undeserved reputation that we do?

Very undeserved . . . .

I remember when it was the GSD (had one at the time), then the Dobie ( have had a couple of those) and then the Rottie (have never been possessed by one of those but have been around many) and then Sports Illustrated did a cover and a story and it has been off to the races on the Pibbles

Today I am possessed by two pitbull type dogs (pitbull is not even a breed) and have walked up on houses with all kinds of dogs . . . I show no fear and the first thing I do when I get out, is call to the dogs.

Ignorance not only damages, it kills

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage