Recovering a Skip from Florida/ Bonded in Alabama • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Recovering a Skip from Florida/ Bonded in Alabama
 Post Posted: Sun 03 Jun 2012 19:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
When in doubt about state bail laws, I go to the best I know in the state where I have the question. I emailed Randy Parton out of Florida and asked him if a skip were bonded out in NC by a bondsman appointed by American Safety and Casualty Insurance Company and the defendant fled to Florida could I legally go to Florida and apprehend the skip even though I didn't write the bond but I'm appointed by American Safety and Casualty.

His reply:

"A duly licensed agent from the state in which the bond was written and from which the defendant fled can pursue , apprehend and return the defendant to the state of origin if the duly licensed agent has wuthority to arrest the defendant in the state of origin."

Randy Parton know's Bail, it's about all he's ever done, he has over 30 years experience in this business and is executive vice president of an Insurance company I'm appointed by. He also works with Dennis Sew, who some of you may know. Dennis is top knotch and well known in this profession.

Do what you want and if you don't know me or Randy, this post should change nothing. For me, I now feel comfortable making apprehensions so long as I'm appointed by the same insurance company of the bondsman that posted bail.

This is not meant to change anybody's mind regarding this subject only another side to explore.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 00:43 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
dbay wrote:
The advice was not available before the time of the recovery......

The Florida laws, however, were.

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jun 2012 20:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
"A duly licensed agent from the state in which the bond was written and from which the defendant fled can pursue , apprehend and return the defendant to the state of origin if the duly licensed agent has wuthority to arrest the defendant in the state of origin"

and exactly what I myself have been informed of by LE and DA in Florida in the past. Thank you Bill.

Now, to all others . . .

Bottom Line . . . Mr or Ms dbay is NOW more than aware.
He or She does not need to be reminded after every time that he or she responds that the info was available prior to the recovery.

That is akin to kicking a horse after it has already died.

There are more than one thread here regarding this very selfsame topic (Florida), the Search Button is a wonderful tool.

dbay . . . you have been asked to provide an Introduction. Please do so at this time and then start your reading here

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12182

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2012 08:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Hmmmmmm..................this person received enough information on how NOT to get picked up in Florida and has not returned since. No information, no Intro, no idea who this person is, absolutely nothing,

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2012 08:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
MarshallSvc wrote:
Hmmmmmm..................this person received enough information on how NOT to get picked up in Florida and has not returned since. No information, no Intro, no idea who this person is, absolutely nothing,

This was his response shortly after my initial posts on this here in the thread..

Cut & Paste from Private Message to me.

Subject: Recovering a Skip from Florida/ Bonded in Alabama

NYPD BLUE wrote:
Sounds like Kidnapping (FL Statues) to me ...just saying .. (as I am in FL and Licensed)

Florida Statute 648.30(2)
Explicitly Prohibits bounty hunting within the state, declaring that "no person shall represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in [Florida]."

Fugitive Apprehension
Although bounty hunters are not permitted to work in Florida, apprehension of bail fugitives is, in fact, legal in the state, as long as it is done in accordance with Florida Statute 648.30(3), which states that "no person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written." ARE YOU A LICENSED BAIL BONDSMAN IN ALABAMA ?

In other words, certified professional bondsmen in Florida can apprehend a bail fugitive, but they cannot contract the job out to a professional bounty hunter.

Penalty
Violating any part of the statute governing bail bond agents and bounty hunters is considered a third-degree felony under Florida law, which is punishable by a prison sentence of up to five years. For this reason, it is important to have an understanding of significant differences in laws and regulations between states for anybody who is considering a career in the bail enforcement industry.

FLORIDA STATUTE 648 - FLORIDA BAIL BOND AGENTS == >> http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 48.30.html

THIS WAS HIS RESPONSE TO ME:

Believe me I would not have attempted the apprehension if it was not for the local PD's approval. All the bondsman i've dealt with so far dealing with Florida recoveries ( one 34 years and the other 36 years told me I only have to be employed by them and there license then applies to me. From my understanding I'm considered considered a limited surety agent while employed by the bonds man. Thats what I have been told. I am still confused what is factual and what is not. I will not make anymore recoveries in Florida until I clarify fact and fiction ...I can't figure out why the bondsman's process wouldn't transfer though.

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2012 08:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Marshall, that may be true . . . but then again . . . or may that the party got tired of getting kicked ;)

I have sent the party an E-Mail.

Well, Jeff, that sounds like a pretty fair PM to me and one made not out of smartassiness but one made out of, going to make an effort to get it right.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2012 09:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Well, I am glad he posted a signature line in his pm, cause it is not in his posts. That would have helped a bit.

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2012 10:04 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Licensed Bail Bondman that wrote the bond, Yes; Recovery agent, no matter who, No.... period. I posted this in the second threads answer... 4 pages ago????? What part of this is confusing?????????????

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2012 10:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
This was his response shortly after my initial posts on this here in the thread..

Jeff's post was done on Sun May 27, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

I really do think that dbay has figured out (now nearly a month after the PM exchanges) what he or she did wrong . . . we have got to give the party an opportunity . . . everyone is new at this at one time. We cannot keep chasing them off without affording them opportunity to either, A) make a living at this trade . . . or, B) decide that this is really not what they want to do and in accordance do NOT destroy what the rest of us have.

Post Posted: Thu 14 Jun 2012 13:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
I made contact with this person not long after the "butt kicking" This person was apologetic which he didn't have to be and that's all I have to say about it. One more thing... I hope this person returns.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion