Need Help with a bondsman that wont return Collateral. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Need Help with a bondsman that wont return Collateral.
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 10:24 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
To follow up on LuVonda's statement, some times people do not want to have their name on a bail receipt. They are criminals themselves or owe the state money.

That is one reason, another is simply that the parties involved can't make it to the magistrates office and the bondsman does the deal via fax, email, phone and Credit card.... also, some jurisdictions will not take cash... THAT'S RIGHT... some magistrates will not take cash... like after hours...

I'll tell you this... I often require full collateral on an out of state bond... plus my fee... that is not uncommon... I may take less but you can rest assured that there will be collateral involved... the amount just depends.

A lot of times everyone involved is out of state and I handle the entire transaction with no physical contact.... and in that instance... collateral is always involved, often full collateral... which is of course refundable less my fee.

I would have charge $1150. on this bond and issued a collateral receipt for $1000 (you would get back $990, cause I would charge you $10 for mailing the check certified)

If I get full collateral all I require is a mailing address and basic contact info... I don't even require an indemnitor!!!! for what???? no need.... you FTA... I just pay the money and close the case.... implementing the KISS principle.... 8) not complicated.

PS: I have also bonded illegals with full collateral plus my fee... and they (added: sometimes) never come back... I always tell folks the same deal... "if you comply with all court directives you will recieve $XX dollars back... if you FTA or violate your bond conditions or court conditions... you will forfeit your collateral. period."

Often times you will never see them again................... so what.............. no problem.............

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 10:35 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
.... also, and this is per client...

... I'm such a nice guy that even if the defendant violates a condition and is arrested and the bond is revoked by the court.... I may even return part of the collateral even though I can legally keep it.... because, if it doesn't cost me anything and the indemnitor is decent.... I may give some of it back... yep.... what a nice boy I am.... and then again if you screw me or talk nasty to me... I may just keep it all. :roll: :roll:

I will always cover my costs and try to maintain profitability but I try not to screw people.... treating people properly will pay you back in spades, just as screwing them will come back on the other side of the fence.....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 10:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
With the exception of prostitution charges, most CA bail amounts are too high for most people to post full collateral.

We have only done it once and it was for a bond we had posted in Washington State.

The defendant ended up getting a new case down here in CA so we just paid the forfeiture off with the $1000 he paid to cover the full cost of the bail.

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 11:24 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
It's not an uncommon practice here or illegal to collect full bond amounts plus fees from out of state co-signers. It's the only way the bonding companies have of protecting themselves from losses. Once the defendant clears up his/her case then the full bond amount is immediately refunded back to the co-signer....not the defendant. Many times the defendants have brought in their paperwork from the courts showing their case disposition and then asking for the refund. The companies wont do it. They send it back to the original co-signer.

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 12:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
First of all, Chris is legit. I've spoken with him on several occassions concerning this matter and yes some Bondsman do require 100 percent collateral on an out of state bond. I thought this had been taken care of.

Chris, PM me the name of the company, phone number and the person that posted bail and took your money. I will call this person for you and rattle his chain.

Did you contact the commissioner "Wayne Goodwin? If not I will along with contacting the company that took your money

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Thu 12 Jan 2012 08:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Waiting for the PM Chris or you can call me. This won't be hard to do if you have all your paperwork. Let me know soon, sort of busy here.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Fri 09 Mar 2012 20:28 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Just wanted to Thank all that replied and thanks for the info... as much as I have been involved with the bail process Scotts Shop was always ran professionaly and this was never a subject that I had exp with...

Thanks again to everyone.. its in the hands of the state insurance agency now... so its a waiting game..

Scott, Thank you for the kind words and I hope this finds you and your family well Sir,

Cell 443-379-9463
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion