Bail Revocation issue - weird but true story! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Bail Revocation issue - weird but true story!
 Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 14:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
In CA we can get some past criminal history frm court files. But since we have several courts in each county, it may require a visit to each court house that the def may have had a case in.

LE by law will not give out past criminal history to civilians. We tried to get that changed but CA LEAs fought that and would not give an inch.

We have no right to booking sheets, police reports or warrants as a policy by most if not all CA law enforcement agencies.

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 14:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
The ADR or Booking Sheet we can have . . . that has all of the current info (charges and such) and is provided at request at time of Bond issuance.

I have a very good rapport with the Jails and Le that I deal with . . . Jus sayin, and I may sometimes get "advised" about something . . . but none of us here (that I work with and around) are going to "risk it all" for a piece of paper . . . when a lil due diligence will get the job done.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 18:23 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Here in MN, you can view their prior court records that are in MNCIS. However, you will be able to view more information at a secure server computer in one of our courthouses.

You can get mug shots on request (often with a small cash fee), but not booking sheets.

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 02:23 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Actually in Minnesota you can access court records from the court of via the net. You get more info at the court house - on top of that we have access to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension's Criminal Records system.. free and open to the public.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 08:38 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Ron wrote:
Actually in Minnesota you can access court records from the court of via the net.

Howdy Folks!
I believe a man ought to follow through on his words, and elsewhere in this thread, I admitted to not knowing how my mentor got the rap sheet for the guy we took to jail awhile back. I said I'd ask him and report back on that.

Trouble is, last time I saw my mentor, we were all hanging around a local watering hole awaiting the imminent arrival of our fugitive. There was a fire pit outside and the team huddled around it because it was cold enough to warrent bringing in the brass monkey off the lawn! My mentor was moving around quite a bit, and I wasn't too enthusiastic about moving at all. As a consequence, I didn't really have much chance to ask him about where we got that 14 page rap on an earlier apprehension.

Since I have a few days off the day job, I expect to spend some quality time with him and our team. I'll make certain to ask the question and get back with the answer I promised awhile back. As of this writing, I am just getting suitably thawed from the other night's cold vigil.

And speaking of cold, it's commenced to snowing out there, and I will be spending the bulk of my day out in it on the day job. Can you guess how much enthusiasm I have for the prospect?

Be safe folks!
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 08:51 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
Actually in Minnesota you can access court records from the court of via the net. You get more info at the court house - on top of that we have access to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension's Criminal Records system.. free and open to the public.

All but JDR records are available in Virginia. Open to the public... also, there are a host of sites that provide general info on all sorts of criminal info... public stuff and then, if you have the proper license you can access much more... and then the clerks will also provide info... as well as JDR stuff if you identify yourself properly.

There is no need to do this job covertly... unless you just want to be "batman"... I usually walk into the clerks office in my tactical sandals and get about any info I want... of course I do dress appropriately when required and I always tuck in my shirt-tail and try not to fart, when in court.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 09:01 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
speezack wrote:
There is no need to do this job covertly... unless you just want to be "batman"... I usually walk into the clerks office in my tactical sandals and get about any info I want... of course I do dress appropriately when required and I always tuck in my shirt-tail and try not to fart, when in court.

Howdy Amigo!
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who ya are, that's funny!
Once again I'm gonna need to clean my monitor screen!
Thanks for the laugh!

Tactical sandals? I gotta get me a pair of them!

On a side note, why is it so many courtrooms have what could otherwise pass for church pews for folks to sit? That flat wooden surface makes it tough to do anything aromatic in silence. You're relegated to performing the "one cheek sneak!" and even then, it can be iffy!

Thanks again for the chortle!
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 09:18 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
Tactical sandals? I gotta get me a pair of them!

run a search for them... there is a thread on my personal covert apparel...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11842&hilit

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 28 Jan 2012 00:20 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

speezack wrote:

How did you find out? Rats, it is hard to keep a good secret these days.

Joking aside....

When ever I post bail (after the underwriter does his voodoo) I run a complete background check in the court systems, the BCA, Facebook, Linkedin, Myspace and google. All info goes into his/her file. I even run these checks on any and all cosigners. Before turning things over to a BEA, I run these checks again.

With so much info available on the web, some counties don't give you much info when you walk in.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

Post Posted: Sat 28 Jan 2012 15:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
If they have a criminal record in NC, we can get it via our computer through AOC.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion