Bail Runner Question • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bail Runner Question
 Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 20:53 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I was contacted by someone who is looking to put 2 bail runner agents to work for him in my area. He offered a 70/30 spilt on the bond fee, but I have never negotiated for this type of work before and I am wondering if this is a fair rate for a beginner?

Also, he has hinted around that I will likely have to run multiple counties in order to make the type of money I am making now at my current job, which is 40k per year. Is it realistic to think I can make this much income being a runner for a bondsman?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Bail Runner Question
 Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 21:04 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Jason, anyone that would approach an unlicensed BEA person is not someone you want to be associated with ... you need to do several things before anyone is gonna respond to you on this site....

#1.... read the "introduction" section and place a proper intro with some info on you
#2.... put a sig line in your post so we know who and what you are about
#3.... read and search for most of what you seek has been answered on here already
#4.... Jason, Jason, Jason................. you best stay right where you are... cause if you venture out into the real world of fugitive recovery or bail bonding without training, without proper credentials... you will end up hurt, broke and/or in jail yourself..... or all three... and it will happen very quickly...

$40K now?????????? Stay where you are.............

and one more thing I always say............ "DO NOT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB"

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 21:15 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Thanks Bill,

I do have an introduction pending approval, and I have already placed a simple signature. Just so happened that this post was approved before my introduction was approved.

And I have already searched for my specific questions using the search option and I did not find the answers to the ones above, so thanks for replying with your input.

And as far an keeping my day job, that is the problem I am facing. I can't keep the type of job I have and be a bondsman or runner, and also my state requires me to be employed under another bondsman before I can apply to be a pbb. (professional)

I guess that I am asking a narrow question when I say is it realistic to think I could make 40k per year being a runner, but it is the question I need an answer too because I would have to quit my day job to be a runner. I will continue to search and see what I can find.

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 21:33 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
it realistic to think I could make 40k per year being a runner

Jason, short answer.............. no................ not initially and not without a lot of work and then maybe never... of course anything is possible but you used the term "realistic" and to that I say "no".

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 21:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
An unknown new Recovery Agent would almost find it impossible to make $40,0000 a year, Bondsman are writing tight paper to stay in the red and alot due their own recoveries to keep the percentage they got to write the bond in their bank account. On the flip side of the coin a known recovery agent with good contacts with the Insurance companies can make up to 5 times a forty thousand a year salary. Since i have retired from Bail Enforcement will will tell what i made the last year i did it. $118,000 gross no PI work or anything other then Bail Recovery. I have been in the Bail bonds or recovery agent business since 1975. I made more than this amount the couple of years i was cleaning up From Capital Bonding and a few other write everything worry later Bondsman. I only worked for Insurance companies the last 4 years i was in this business. I can assure anyone that i worked my ass off and lived out of hotel rooms and a suite case and was never home. I came back and wanted to add you have a overhead in this business even if you work from home one main one is Gas,vehicles, hotel rooms, RV if you go that way. no business is ever all profit, no even moonshine but there is no tax's on the shine if you don't get caught by the Alcohol boy's :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion