Bail Revocation issue - weird but true story! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Bail Revocation issue - weird but true story!
 Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 15:55 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I spent many years as a paralegal and legal investigator. I've learned it it better to have more info than you actually need.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 16:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
I was visiting in laws maybe 15 years ago in the Springs and we went over the hill to Cripple Creek. I remember seeing a hitcihng post somewherre in that town.

Thought it was pretty cool.

Even read a story about a RUI, riding under the influence. Some guy got a ticket for riding his horse home after a day of drinking. Not sure what state this happened in.

But, that was the only way he could get home when he was drunk. The horse waited outside and knew the way home.

You just reminded me of this when you mentioned tethering your horse up pretty tight.

Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 19:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
The Horse wasn't drinking was he?

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 23:59 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Whiskey for my men... you know the rest.

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 05:57 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
"assault on a police officer"

When I see this or other similar charges on a sheet, the mood and awareness goes up significantly...

Yak, myself and two other BEA's recovered a skip yesterday out of NYC... I will relate that little episode in a while, after I get rested up.... 12 hours on the road.... not too exciting but networking at its best and when me and Yak are involved... and 'Chopper', you know how that might be ... story to follow later today... got to go to court this am on this guy....

later.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 08:23 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
speezack wrote:
Quote:
"assault on a police officer"

When I see this or other similar charges on a sheet, the mood and awareness goes up significantly...

Yak, myself and two other BEA's recovered a skip yesterday out of NYC... later.

Howdy Amigo!
Something else that will raise our situational awareness real considerable is the presence of drug charges in general but meth in particular. That form of drug abuse seems to produce the worst case scenario when effecting an arrest. Another thing we regard with a jaundiced eye on a rap sheet are the words "Considered armed and dangerous". Throw in a few other goodies like "assault with deadly weapon" or "menacing" and it tends to color our attitude going in with a shade more caution.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your tale of the chase/apprehension/arrest in the forthcoming episode.

Far and away however; the worst, most unpredictable and likely to become dangers in abrupt manner would be tweekers. We see they're doing meth on the rap sheet, and we'll go apprehend but call in local P.D. in a civil assist. When the posse runs into trouble, it's helpful to have the cavalry arrive to save the day!

Rest up and share the tale, amigo!
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 08:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
I think that is pretty awesome that you folks get to see the "Rap Sheet"
I am curious . . . would that be the Booking Sheet or would that actually be the NCIC Printout ? Here should that document be shared the person / persons would be charged with a Class D Felony and absolutely lose their ability to work in the field of Law Enforcement

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 10:06 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4078
Experience: 3 - 5 years
LuVonda wrote:
I think that is pretty awesome that you folks get to see the "Rap Sheet"
I am curious . . . would that be the Booking Sheet or would that actually be the NCIC Printout ? Here should that document be shared the person / persons would be charged with a Class D Felony and absolutely lose their ability to work in the field of Law Enforcement

Howdy!
I'm gonna ask that question of my lead agent when I see him tonight. Good question. I don't have the accurate answer to that one. I believe we get such information from the police or sheriff's department involved, but I cannot state that with certainty.

Hope to answer it tomorrow.

Stay Safe out There!
Mel

DORA PI10000052

Athame Investigations,
division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC
Aurora, Colorado
303-343-7111 Office
303-319-1077 Cell
303-366-3189 Fax

Available for Fugitive Recovery, Process Service, Investigation and Legal Courier Service.

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 13:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Most of a subject’s criminal history can be gleaned from court records which are public information. That includes copies of warrants current and past, incident reports, arrest reports, booking sheets, and sometimes his state and federal criminal histories. And in some cases there may even be a photo of the defendant in the court file.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 14:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
DSI wrote:
Most of a subject’s criminal history can be gleaned from court records which are public information. That includes copies of warrants current and past, incident reports, arrest reports, booking sheets, and sometimes his state and federal criminal histories. And in some cases there may even be a photo of the defendant in the court file.

That is true . . . and most often thru "Pay Sites" (unless of course one knows someone ;)) I was asking after what the party has referred to, as the "Rap Sheet", which often refers to that NCIC Report. :\

That report (NCIC) will land someone (actually both parties, the giver and the taker) in Prison here (Arkansas) if they are not entitled to that information (non LE) . . . I assumed, I guess incorrectly, that was standard throughout the US.

I make sure that I have all of my info prior to going out the door to get my person, which often is what puts me on their doorstep, if it is not one of my own Bonds. In that case I have all of my info at writing. I really do write tight.

Do believe that there is another thread around these parts that goes over this matter . . . will look for it . . . later.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion