Do each Jail in your area handle things differently? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Do each Jail in your area handle things differently?
 Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 16:10 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Each of the Jails in this area handle things just a bit differently when you post bail. I am not complaining, I am just commenting.

Ramsey County Jail (St Paul): You can meet the co-signer in their lobby and fill out the paperwork there, exchange money and take photos of your defendant.

You post the bond at the window and the deputy will process it.

1 to 2 hours later, your defendant comes out, you have him/her fill out the paperwork and take a photo, then you leave.

Hennepin County Jail (Minneapolis):

You meet the cosigner in the lobby and then leave the lobby to the vestibule where you sit on bench window sills for the paperwork and money exchange.

You then go through security and down stairs to the Bail Clerk

You come back to the lobby and wait 2 to 4 hours for your defendant. Some bond companies leave and tell the cosigner to bring them to the office. I wait. I don't want to have to track them down.

Dakota County (Hastings):

Rule number one: Bail Agents are not allowed in the jail unless they are there to bail someone out, to turn someone in or to attend court for a signed defendant.

Rule number two: You cannot pass out business cards to anyone but the person you are there to meet.

They have a table near the front door for you to sign up the co signer, if it is nice out. There is a picnic table that you can use. If you need privacy, you can use the lobby of the release door.

Once you have the paperwork complete, you leave the building, drive around back 1/4 mile. You enter a back door, and the defendant comes to you in a glass booth. YOu pass the paperwork through a window to the guard and you walk the def. through, take their picture, get your paperwork back and leave.

Three jails, with very cooperative deputies... each with a different procedure.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

Post subject: Re: Do each Jail in your area handle things differently?
 Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 16:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Thats nothing. We have jails run by the same S.O. in the same county that have different bail procedures.

Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 17:03 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: < 1 year
Yes, in each of the three counties I write in, things are done differently. In one county that I commonly write in, I need to have a copy of the warrant in hand to do a simple surrender while posting the bond ( book in - book out). Every state is different and, inside those different states, every county seems to be different. :(

Cell- 317-640-0724

Last edited by brywest33 on Tue 24 Jan 2012 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 17:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
We have 100 counties in NC. I have worked all of them and all are different.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Tue 24 Jan 2012 19:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Same goes in MD, even paperwork requirements differ county to county. One thing in common, NO paperwork completed at the Commissioner's Office, have your business done before you post the bond.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 25 Jan 2012 18:17 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
The rule of thumb in this business is.............. "there is no rule of thumb"

If you were to run a search for threads on this subject.... you could fill a book.... the rules in many of the jails I work, not only are different from jail to jail... they are different in the same jail between different "shifts"... talk about confusing???????????

Has anyone on here ever tried to deal with Century Link phone company... same deal.... I have two phones sitting on my desk... one is residential, the other is business.... both are Century Link lines... neither knows what the other is doing... and they do not coordinate anything... period... same with Verizon... Internet, landlines, wireless all have different working rules, processes and procedures and there is no coordination between the group...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 26 Jan 2012 08:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Miami Dade County , FL

Your Defendant has ALREADY SEEN THE JUDGE .. and you need to post a Bond...

1) You go to the Release window outside the Jail under a Green Circus Tent.. Show Your ID and Request a Blue slip from the UNHAPPY CORRECTIONS OFFICER..

2) Fill Out Slip with your Deft's Name / Jail # and Your Info ..

3) Hand it back to the Correction Officer who stamps it in..

4) Now you WAIT outside, under this Green Tent with the Homeless and other Criminals that have been released and other Bondsman also waiting...anywhere from 1...2...5...6...8..9...16 hours for that Defendant's Jail Card (Yes ..I said 16 hours!!) Then when they call you on the PA Speaker, you may go inside this locked room where you will write the Power & Appearance Bond up..Then after finally writing the Bond(s).. It then may take anywhere from 1hr up to 24..hours for your Defendant to be released..

Your Defendant has just been ARRESTED (FRESH / NEW - within a shourt time and has not seen the Judge yet) You may do a drop off where you

1) You go to the Release window outside under a Green Circus Tent.. Show Your ID and Request a Blue slip from the UNHAPPY CORRECTIONS OFFICER..

2) Fill Out Slip with your Deft's Name / Jail # and Your Info ..

3) Hand Power(s) and Blue Slip back to the Correction Officer who stamps it in..

4) You go on your Merry Way ..

5) Now It may take anywhere from 1hr up to 24..hours for your Defendant to be released..
********************************************************************************************

Broward County, FL

Go into the Jail / Metal Detector.. go to Release Desk ..Hand them your ALREADY FILLED OUT Appearance Bonds & Powers.. the Deputy Tells you "OK YOUR GOOD" ..your on your way out the door.. (Whole process ..takes less than 5 min) ..Your Deft will be released in approx 6 - 12 hours..

********************************************************************************************
Palm Beach County, FL

1) Go into the Jail / Metal Detector.. go to Release Desk request your Defendant's Jail Card..

2) Write up your Bonds..

3) Hand them back to Deputy ..

4) They verify all is good.. and you are on your way ..

5) Deft is released approx 4 to 8 hours later..

*********************************************************************************************

Monroe County, FL (Plantation Key)

1) Go to Jail .. Pick up outside phone ..Dial 22..

2) Tell Deputy your name and your Deft's name you are there to post bond for..

3) We used to be able to go inside and write it up but some bondsman Efffed it up for all of us .. now we stand outside..the Gate.. the Deputy then comes out .. takes your paperwork through the hole in the fence and checks it over and if all ok sends you on your way ..

4) Deft is later released approx 1 - 6 hours later..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Fri 27 Jan 2012 02:19 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Experience: < 3 years
Quote:
UNHAPPY CORRECTIONS OFFICER..

One jail I go to, the Front Desk Deputy is usually watching Netflix with the county security guard who runs the 24/7 body scanner. At another one the Deputy will talk your ear off and at yet another one you get to go back into the jail and hang out at the Corrections officers desk area.
One guard will talk your ear off and tell you funny things that have happened recently.

I've yet to run into an unhappy deputy; they all tell me during the winter that they are inside, staying dry and warm - yet get the same pay as the dudes on the street getting wet and cold.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion