Special Agent? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Special Agent?
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Jan 2012 05:40 

Guys, I really appreciate your attention and advice. Let me say that as an entrepreneur I am not attracted to this business because of TV Bounty Hunters. Perhaps something I read or saw at some point brought this to my attention but I am one of those people who when something catches my attention I research it extensively. I *THINK* I have a viable business model. Every entrepreneur has successes and failures under his or her belt.

As I've said in prior posts I intend to be hands on in this business (as I am in every business I am involved with) while surrounding myself with experienced professionals. I am as green as can be in the "tactical" (for lack of a better term) aspects of the BE business but from a business strategy perspective I feel like I've put a viable business plan in place. I've done exhaustive research yet feel like I've learned the most from this forum. For example I've watched all of the online videos put out by the Bounty Boys. Had I not spent days on end reading posts on this forum that went back years I might have actually thought, based on the amount of media attention those guys get, that they are doing it right. Thanks to this forum I know that is not the case.

BEFORE I attempt to bring in one customer to this new venture I am going to ensure that I have taken every bit of training and information I can gain. I've incorporated the business but not taken any action to bring in customers or revenue. I have a phone appointment with an insurance provider to the BE business today. I am ordering Scott's online course today. I am going to take at least one classroom based class (more if I can). I've ordered several books on the BE business. I am in the process of taking a series of advanced firearms courses (I already have a concealed carry permit - which has absolutely nothing to do with the BE business. I enjoy target shooting) and am completing the paperwork for the Act 235 training. I am participating in physical training. I understand there can be danger in this business. I'm not out looking for trouble but I want to ensure that I can protect myself and my co-workers should the situation present itself.

Most importantly I am looking for a mentor. Consider me a low (or even no) paid pair of hands but I am willing to travel anywhere or do what it takes to find a mentor that will show me the correct way to conduct myself (and direct co-workers) in this business. I am not a young ego filled kid. I am a mature professional man in my early 40's who wants to be a sponge to someone who is willing to be a mentor. I believe that in return I bring a lot to the table via my other professional experience.

So in summary I don't claim to know it all (or even anything) but I intend to learn before I act, ask and/or research if I don't know and hope to, as many of you here do every day, continue to bring a level of professional conduct to this business. As anyone who knows me will tell you when I commit to something I not only see it through but learn everything I can.

One a side note everyone who knows me professionally or personally thinks I've gone insane. I can't tell you how many people, when I've shared my new business venture (and I haven't shared it with many) laugh and say "Mike is trying to be Dog the Bounty Hunter". It's exhausting quite frankly. I've stopped trying to explain that this business is not what they see on TV or the reasons why I am getting into this business.

Again, thank you all for the great information on this forum. I am honored to be in the presence of professionals and the information you've shared is invaluable.

Post Posted: Fri 20 Jan 2012 18:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Several years ago... when I was in the "bar" business... my title and the one I have today also was simply....

H.M.F.I.C.

I suppose, since I am a "sole proprietor".... and don't even have a secretary.... I iz still.............. the H.M.F.I.C.... in fact, one of my waitresses back in the day... gave me a nice T shirt with those initials on it.... Gail took it away from me... she wears it now.... 8) so now, I just wear the T shirt that she gave me... with the initials and the title.... A.H.O.T.M. :oops:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 20 Jan 2012 21:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
would that be . . . Of The Month . . . Or . . . Of the Moment ?

Very well written Mike . . . have you spoken with Luke ?

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 21 Jan 2012 17:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
LuVonda wrote:
would that be . . . Of The Month . . . Or . . . Of the Moment ? Very well written Mike . . . have you spoken with Luke ?

You females are so very... uh............. what's the word I am looking for........ uh.......... perceptive... 8) I guess you had no problem with the first 2 letters.............. :roll: :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 21 Jan 2012 17:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
uhmmmmmm . . . nope . . . :mrgreen:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 23 Jan 2012 06:29 

LuVonda wrote:

Very well written Mike . . . have you spoken with Luke ?

I have not, but would love to!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion