So You Want To Bail Out The Famous • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: So You Want To Bail Out The Famous
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Jan 2012 21:37 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
the DA’s office requested the court increase the bail to $500,000 each after news the Quaids had been arrested in Canada. The court granted the argument, and Surety filed bail bonds of $500,000 for both Randy and Evi.

After 3 FTA's.... ddduuuuuuuuuuuuuu..................... how could a bond be issued when the defendants were never in custody... and therefore never served.... uh, oh... scuzz me....... it was Califurnia.... now I get it.........

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2012 11:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I think some bail agents look at having celebrity clients a big marketing / advertising plus. Usually when a celeb gets bonded out, the media mentions the bail agent that handled the bond. Same for the attorneys. So its free advertising.

Secondly, must people would think that a "famous" celebrity would go to court to take care of their case. Its more publicity for them.

In Show Business, no publicity is bad publicity. It makes them more marketable to some.

So, a bail agent might think that a very well known person or persons like the Quaids would not run but if they did, they could easliy be caught.

Post Posted: Tue 10 Jan 2012 14:33 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
"the DA’s office requested the court increase the bail to $500,000 each after news the Quaids had been arrested in Canada. The court granted the argument, and Surety filed bail bonds of $500,000 for both Randy and Evi."

It sounds like that at the time, the surety had no problems with the increase in bond, but I tend to agree that the agent was thinking more so about what he could get rather than what they would lose with a final forfeiture. I can say this though -- if the signing agent is still employed, I bet he/she will not make that same mistake again!

823 S. BROAD ST. SCOTTSBORO, AL
(256) - 259 - 2829

Post Posted: Tue 10 Jan 2012 16:23 
in memoriam

This is what happens to many FORMER bail agents.....

When they start "WRITING PREMIUM INSTEAD OF BONDS!!!"

That is a major bit of advice for new bondsmen... "NEVER WRITE THE PREMIUM, ALWAYS WRITE THE BOND..."

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 10 Jan 2012 18:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
GREED . . . Is a very ugly bed partner

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 10 Jan 2012 18:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Then only way this could happen, and I am only guessing here is, that the Quaids were being held in CN on the warrants from California.

If a bail agent then posted bail on the increase bail order, the court in California could have had the warrants cleared and they would have been released by the CN authorities and given a court date to appear back in CA.

And they did not appear back in California.

Of course if that is scenario, the surety and bail agent is screwed big time as the CN governement will not force the return of the Quaids.

I am guessing either the Quaids laywer paid the bail agent the premium or he/she actually thought that they were going to come back to California and they would pay when they returned.

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 20:32 
in memoriam

Quote:
he/she actually thought that they were going to come back to California and they would pay when they returned.

Several days ago... I actually saw a very large pig, fly over my garage... he was pink and his wings were............

................... yep............................... bright green............. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 20:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bill!

I saw the very same pig nosing around my garbage can out back.

I thought I just had too much rheumistism medicine. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

BTW the bail agnecy that posted the bail for the Quaids was Santa Barbara Bail Bonds. Been in business since the nineties and probably will stay in business.

But with a much smaller BUF account. :(

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 23:28 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
I'm very surprised that they wrote the Bond given that Evi is a Canadian Citizen and in Canada. Just because a country has an Extradition Treaty with the U.S. does not mean that every criminal offense is included in the treaty, often times minor felonies and misdemeanors are not included, also some things that are considered crimes in the U.S. may not meet the definition of a crime in another country. Secondly, even if the crime is covered by the treaty the U.S. DOJ may not feel it's worth the effort or expense to pursue extradition, or the court in the foreign country may refuse or significantly delay extradition for any number of reasons.

I've always discouraged my clients from writing bonds for foreign or dual citizens unless they were 100% sure they had 110% collateral and solid indemnitors, particularly when it comes to immigration Bonds. I've had clients that started writing immigration Bonds against my advice and were out of business within a couple of years. I've cleared immigration cases before, by both apprehension and technical means but I can't find every ghost or perform miracles.

Post Posted: Wed 11 Jan 2012 23:52 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Chuck ::::gasp::: you mean it isn't true ? You don't walk on water ? Say it isn't so.... :lol:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage