truTV's "All Worked Up" • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: truTV's "All Worked Up" is casting Fugitive Recovery Age
 Post Posted: Fri 25 Nov 2011 18:07 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
Experience: More than 10 years
Successful reality shows are, in my opinion, seldom in the filming, but most often in the editing. I tried to explain this to a producer one time from the same Hybrid productions that produces DTBH. This is not an occupation where sensationalism should be encouraged because it fosters instances where the "actors" will be compelled or portrayed as something other than ideal. Not only that, but I firmly believe that any show such as this will, rightly or wrongly, be compared to DTBH, and that is enough for me to decline.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Fri 25 Nov 2011 18:50 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
I firmly believe that any show such as this will, rightly or wrongly, be compared to DTBH, and that is enough for me to decline.

... and another true professional voices another reason for not becoming involved in "reality TV"... actually, IMHO there really is no such thing as "reality" TV when attempting to portray our industry, since it just wouldn't sell.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 26 Nov 2011 13:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
I can't speak for a television show, however, several years back we were a aproached by a newspaper reporter in Iredell County NC who wanted to report on the Bail industry in NC. Since our state doesn't allow ride alongs, the reporter followed us through the Bail process and waited in her car to witness a low key apprehension.

After all was said and done this reporter wrote the article about what she thought Bail Agents in NC did and stated she was quite surprised that there was so much work that is put into the Bail Bond profession.

We all can make a choice on either doing it or not, but worked out quite nicely for us. This was a newspaper article, not T. V.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Sat 26 Nov 2011 22:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
And don't look at me... I make running from the cameras an Olympic sport... And not to mention the giant bruise on my leg....which I got running away:)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Sat 26 Nov 2011 22:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Ah come on Angela you me Marco and Laura on TV.
Jokin

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Sat 26 Nov 2011 23:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Marco has not gotten over the shock yet..
This might put him over the edge:)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Sun 27 Nov 2011 07:19 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
B Williams wrote:
I can't speak for a television show, <<>>to witness a low key apprehension<<>>quite surprised that there was so much work that is put into the Bail Bond profession<<>>worked out quite nicely for us. This was a newspaper article, not T. V.

Bill, I pulled what I thought was pertinent from your post... I will absolutely agree that "ALL" articles are not bad or negative just as "ALL" bondsmen, BEA's, attorneys, judges, LE or anyone else associated with us does not fall one way or the other... however... I will also say that IMHO there is a very large difference between the written word and the visual 'word' ... as in TV... the two forms are inherently different and unfortunately... TV does in fact reach a much larger audience and in theory, has a much broader effect on opinions... and it is my belief that the motivation behind paper articles verses TV shows is also inherently different.

Having said that... I would offer that producers on TV are bound by many more parameters to produce a profitable "show" and as such fall to the unfortunate theory that excitement, both physical and imagined, is the defining adjective, is in the forefront... and that quite often is the defining reason shows are put on the 'tube'.... much more so... again IMHO... than in the 'paper'.

I too have seen and read paper articles that are positive and much less frequently, I have also seen positive TV shows... but the mix is very lopsided.... IMHO... examples of each can be brought up but I think everyone will agree that the overwhelming defining line is negative and done so to promote "action".

You have a very good point, I only wanted to expand on it cause I think TV absolutely portrays us in a bad light and needs to be changed... unfortunately, I just don't think it is gonna happen anytime soon.

As said in my previous post.... IMHO... there is really no "reality"TV show that can be made about our industry cause it's just too boring in it's total form... and sensationalism prevails...

... so lets all go watch a rerun of WWE... :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 27 Nov 2011 11:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
I agree, Bill. The recovery side of this business can be really boring if done correctly. Hours upon hours at the computer and phone trying to locate your skip. The drives can be horrific, then your set up on the residence or wherever, sometimes for hours maybe days and the actual apprehension, takes a few minutes.

Now, if done wrong, it can get so exciting that you lose some teeth or worse. I can honestly count on one hand how many "exciting" apprehensions I've made and I've made more than I can recall. (never took pictures)

I'd really like to take credit for not being hurt badly while in this business but my Mother is a Lady that firmly believes in prayer, as I do, so, the credit should go to my Mother and God, because I've been in some situations that could have gone either way!

I'm all over the place with this post but I don't make a living writing.

The Bail process is very interesting also. Trying to figure out who's being truthful, the chances of failing to appear, the background on the indemnitor etc etc

Take care

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Thu 01 Dec 2011 19:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4013
I can tell you from first hand experience that running around town with a production crew in tow can seriously hurt your bottom line. My partners and I usually did our running around in one vehicle. Well, back in 2006 when my partners and I were being filmed, we had to take two vehicles everywhere with us. That alone just doubled our fuel expenses. The production crew will also slow you down. They like to do unnecessary things like out takes, "Hero Shots" and other games that reality television crews play to hype up their product. It can get old fast. Recovery Professionals don't get paid for all of that jazz, we get paid for the professional exoneration of bail bonds. Don't get me wrong, I had fun doing it and I did enjoy being on television (I never imagined that would happen when I first got involved in this industry), but unless the production company is willing to pay handsomely for your time and promises to respect your wishes (privacy, personal security & OPSEC), then you are probably going to end up losing money that you could have made by catching your client's clients and not getting much in return for you time and efforts.

Los Angeles, California
(323) 786-FIND

"Approach is Everything."

Post subject: Re: truTV's "All Worked Up"
 Post Posted: Tue 13 Dec 2011 00:39 

Yes Thunda Catz are Ready!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage