truTV's "All Worked Up" • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: truTV's "All Worked Up" is casting Fugitive Recovery Agents!
 Post Posted: Mon 14 Nov 2011 16:25 

All Worked Up profiles the work lives of people in unique, demanding careers…the ultimate professionals who manage to keep cool as cucumbers, no matter what stress or "drama" comes their way during their difficult jobs.

We’re filming with a wide variety of businesses and careers across the country but my goal is to find a dynamic Bond Enforcement Agent/Team to take part in this exciting series.

We’ve filmed with really intense careers in the past, including Repo, Towing and Impound and even Process Servers. Our goal is to show our featured characters in a positive light, to profile the business and highlight the professionalism of the staff but to also make our viewers aware of how stressful it can be when you're in charge of enforcing the rules. We’re looking for out-going folks who are willing to show us the ropes when it comes to their job and what it takes to succeed when things get tough. The documentary-style show would profile these individuals over the course of a week and would focus on the job from their point of view.

The characters we highlight on All Worked Up are always the “good guys” so we want to film the staff diffusing road blocks and problem solving in a professional way (they are always shown as the heroes).

Please contact me ASAP for more info. We are especially looking for a dynamic team that's on the east coast or in the south. I have attached the show application to this post.

All the best,
Jessica

Jessica Jorgensen| Casting Producer| ZODIAK USA| New York | zodiakTV.jj@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: truTV's "All Worked Up" is casting Fugitive Recovery Age
 Post Posted: Tue 15 Nov 2011 19:00 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Want to see where this goes!

Charlottesville VA

Post Posted: Tue 15 Nov 2011 19:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Hello Jessica,

Not to be hard on you or make fun of your show, I really doubt that any PROFESSIONAL BAIL BONDSMAN in this industry that is an active member of this site will "VOLUNTEER" to be on your show. When I watched past shows of "ALL WORKED UP" I was rather embarrassed for the people that were on the show. All worked up I consider right next to Operation Repo which I can not watch for more than the time it takes me to change the channel.. your show really does NOT show the TRUE workings of what people do on day to day basis in the industries you portray on your show.

Maybe Dog the Bounty Hunter will be available for your new series.. ? I am sure DOG will not turn away fame and embarrassment.

Best of Luck on finding your New Cast for the Bail Bond Portion of your show.. !!

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Wed 16 Nov 2011 00:13 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Yea I wish all my pick ups would go the way they showed...I mean honestly guys....how many times have you walked into a club, offered a girl blow...told her she was under arrest and drive away.....

Post Posted: Thu 24 Nov 2011 16:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
LMAO.... :lol: :lol: :lol: , Good luck with that here... :roll:

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Fri 25 Nov 2011 08:19 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3322
Bhaaaa! Why doesn't someone do a show on the "professionalism" of people in show business like Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan for example.

Post Posted: Fri 25 Nov 2011 09:19 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Hey folks, lest you don't realize this... media, in virtually any form, is dependent on who and how many are interested in the show... let me repeat that.... "the show"

20/20 has been successful for many years but if you take a look at which segments are the most popular... they are the ones with the most "public interest"... ie: excitement, thrills or items that relate directly to the general public... mundane, boring, everyday stories with little or no real public interest will not sell or fill the space on the screen or whatever means of media is involved.

'Dog' sells because people like watching "crazy, stupid, shoot em up... bang, bang... exciting (real or scripted), violent... situations and that is the bottom line... which also is what this whole thing is about.... watch the crowd at a professional wrestling event (WWE)... listen and watch and you will quickly come to realize the deal.... how many people do you think go to a NASCAR event to simply see who wins... they go in many instances to see a wreck... oh, I know Scott goes to win but most of the folks in the stands are there for the excitement... and thrill... "left turn Clyde"... and of course for the 'tailgate' parties... and social event surrounding it.... that is what sells... (I know I will hear from somebody on this one!!) :shock:

... the bottom line... and if it ain't "in the black"... as in 'profitable'... it won't be seen... and lets face it folks... most of what we do is sit around drinking coffee and reading search engines on the net... talking quietly with folks about their relatives .... or riding around town looking... not real exciting for the most part... it just won't sell... period.

Sort of like deer hunting.... 6 hours of total boredom culminating in about 15 to 45 seconds of pure adrenalin rush... of course for a deer hunter... the wait is also rather exciting... "anticipation"...

... and as for "Dog"... I know damn well most of you will watch that show just out of curiosity if for no other reason... but most of you would not admit it.... yep...

"sort of like making love to a really fat girl.... you really don't mind doing it... you just don't want your buddies to find out..." true? :mrgreen:... what are you laughing at Gene and Scott, you know damn well you have....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 25 Nov 2011 10:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
To the original poster:

No disrespect intended, you have a job to do and we respect that.

The issue that we have is this is a covert business, we live in the shadows quietly apprehending fugitives with no drama and no issues. Nobody knows that it was Bail Enforcement as the recovery arm for the commercial surety industry that accomplishes this. We don't serve warrants, we apprehend and then present wanted fugitives for warrant service by sworn law enforcement officers. When done
properly, the general public is unaware of what occurred.

Television shows that seek to capitalize on the popularity of convicted felon Duane Chapman, have irreparably hurt this industry. The greatest majority of professionals in this industry do not advertise what we do, or more importantly, how we do it. Those of good rapport in this industry have long term positive working relationships with law enforcement, we don't cuss out our fugitives, threaten neighbors or commit any of the myriad criminal offenses observed during each dog broadcast. To the professionals, they are a cartoon show, and absolutely not representative of this industry.

For example, the only quality show that I have watched, and do so regularly, is Manhunt, depicting the U.S. Marshall's Service. That is the most accurate show currently available and is very similar to what and how we accomplish our tasks.

While I respect what you are trying to accomplish, I would proffer that reality tv shows as presented are far from it. Our industry is made up of successful, educated and skilled professionals that are responsible for the recovery of thousands of fugitives every year, at no cost to the tax layers at all. Further, that as a result of these apprehensions, many more warrants are caused to be served as a result. In our current economic climate, it would be a better service to your viewers to educate them on the benefits of commercial surety as opposed to the current Pre-Trial release methodology that makes the perpetuators the victims and disregards the real victims, as well as their respective rights, entirely.

Respectfully,

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 25 Nov 2011 10:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
From another perspective, someone will do the show and I'd rather it be someone from the FRN rather than a Dog wannabe. Perhaps, this would be an opportunity to provide an example of how professional FRA's operate, without giving up trade information.

And, no i am not volunteering, I'm a low profile kinda guy so the camera and lights are not for me. But I'm sure there are some people that don't mind it.

Jessica, you may want to contact Rex Venator, his website is http://www.bailspeak.com . Rex is a professional and well respected. He also has on camera experience.

Post Posted: Fri 25 Nov 2011 14:30 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I think we all need to be thankful for Scott MacLean and his solid, serious approach to this business and those of us in it that continually need advice and help in our day to day work.

There are many of us that do this job day to day but when an articulate, serious and factual response, that brings to light the correct way to do this job, is needed... we can be sure that Scott will step up to the plate and lay it on us in a manner that reflects professionalism and dedication.

Thank you Scott.

One thing I do miss as a former moderator.... the ability to 'delete' posts after re-reading them and determining that they are a bit........... uh, too silly, even for me.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage