Having it both ways. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Having it both ways.
 Post Posted: Thu 01 Sep 2011 09:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
As a new bail agent writing for two companies that are both former/current recovery clients, I find myself thinking of the old 'get 'em out and put 'em right back in' situation that a bounty hunter and posting agent may encounter with the same defendant occassionally. Does anybody have any interesting, or even humorous, stories regarding this scenario? Like maybe your fugitive was a little surprised to see the same face during the arrest?

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post subject: Re: Having it both ways.
 Post Posted: Thu 01 Sep 2011 10:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
Tom,

I posted Bail for a man that I'd apprehended on several occassions. A friend of his called having no I dea who I was and asked me if I'd get his friend out. I told him I would (easy guy to find) and when my client came through the sally port to meet with his Bondsman, me, he ran out the front door....Turns out he thought I knew he was being bonded out and was there to arrest him for something else. I caught up with him later the next day and explained that I was there to bond him out but since he chose to run I'm now here to put you back in. Absolutely true story....I still have to smile when I think about it.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Thu 01 Sep 2011 13:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I recently received a phone call from someone in jail that I had found in Naples, FL and brought him back to MD. He was a check and credit card fraud artist and when apprehended, had a 3" thick stack of credit cards that he had not even activated yet! When we surrendered him to the jail, the detectives received an anonymous tip from who knows where ;) and they came out to the stolen motor home that we also recovered (separate revenue stream) and found the credit cards, the camera used to obtain data, the lap top he used to create identifications etc. This guy was also a bigamist and filed charges on his newest wife for stealing the above mentioned items that were in possesion of the detectives and they charged him with filing false charges. Long story short, she finds out he is still married to his first wife and gets the marriage annulled. He bonds out and runs to AZ where he starts running his same game. Enter Sheriff Joe Arpaio and the defendant's new home, one of Sheriff Joe's tent cities! I kept tabs on hiom and when hired by the next bondsman, got paid for causing the exoneration on all of his bonds by demonstrating that he is serving time in AZ. God I love this business! He gets transferred to OK at a contract prison and then is released approximately 5 years later. He came back home and caught a VOP and was back in jail when he called me. I laughed at him and proceeded to tell him every where he had been, and he wants to know what jailer is ratting him out and black listing him to the bondsmen...He is still clueless, and still where he belongs!

Seriously, when making apprehensions, never tell them that you are the bondsmen as well as I truly believe that hunting and bonding under the same name cost me some business. The type of business I lost was probably business that I would not have written, but who knows?

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 01 Sep 2011 15:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Very cool. And I hear you on the last part...both sides even.

(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Thu 01 Sep 2011 19:21 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Now Tom, you know me... so I must say.... "having it both ways" had a little different meaning back in the 60's... and while I'm on the subject... are any of you old guys noticing the strange new game.... "corn hole"... now that's a blast from the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I walked into a very high class party last weekend and some of the folks were playing that game in the back yard.... I was sipping on a libation when this pretty young thing said to me in a soft voice.... "Bill, you want to play a little game of "corn hole".... I blew my drink all over the table.... almost fell out of my chair ... winked at her slyly and said in a soft voice.... "why certainly, may I go first?"... she just laughed... having no clue what I was talking about, but my buddy, who is also in his 60's... also blew his drink all over the table.... :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

So now back to your tale................. yes, work it both ways... and play a game of corn hole.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW... as clarification on this subject... I did happen to grow up in a very small town in Kentucky and Momma owned a farm....uh ... back in the 50's... does that qualify me to know about such things....? 8) 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 02 Sep 2011 16:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
speezack wrote:
Now Tom, you know me... so I must say.... "having it both ways" had a little different meaning back in the 60's... and while I'm on the subject... are any of you old guys noticing the strange new game.... "corn hole"... now that's a blast from the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I walked into a very high class party last weekend and some of the folks were playing that game in the back yard.... I was sipping on a libation when this pretty young thing said to me in a soft voice.... "Bill, you want to play a little game of "corn hole".... I blew my drink all over the table.... almost fell out of my chair ... winked at her slyly and said in a soft voice.... "why certainly, may I go first?"... she just laughed... having no clue what I was talking about, but my buddy, who is also in his 60's... also blew his drink all over the table.... :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

So now back to your tale................. yes, work it both ways... and play a game of corn hole.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW... as clarification on this subject... I did happen to grow up in a very small town in Kentucky and Momma owned a farm....uh ... back in the 50's... does that qualify me to know about such things....? 8) 8)

ROTF-LMAO, only Bill Marx.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Fri 02 Sep 2011 16:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bill.....I so don't even wanna' know what growing up in small towns, and on farms, in the 50's qualifies you to know about having it both ways. I'm already frightened....

(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Sat 03 Sep 2011 05:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
It means milking a cow does not qualify as a reach around. Further, the toughest thing about screwing a cow is remembering to jump off of the stool to run around and kiss her. If you forget, she won't and she will kick the stool out from under you every time after that!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 03 Sep 2011 05:46 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Mdbtyhtr wrote:
It means milking a cow does not qualify as a reach around. Further, the toughest thing about screwing a cow is remembering to jump off of the stool to run around and kiss her. If you forget, she won't and she will kick the stool out from under you every time after that!Scott

I think Scott apparently grew up on a farm also... seemingly in a much smaller town and very likely in West Virginia... Kentucky rednecks are somewhat sophisticated... (they extend their 'pinky finger' when taking a toke off a reefer... can I say that???) W.VA. rednecks tend to be a bit.......... uh............ how should I say this........... having larger boots?, uh........ shorter stools... uh.... and I have to say... the cows in Kentucky are much prettier... in fact, I ran into a cow in Ft. Lauderdale around '65 that was absolutely beautiful... and ... well... no stool intended.... Image

... in fact, I found this old picture of her......... her name was ................ "Petunia"

Now back to the thread....................... have a nice weekend ya'all.................

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion