To tell or not to tell... that is the question. • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: To tell or not to tell... that is the question.
 Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 09:18 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I was reading and viewing a 'youtube' by Scott H., posted by Scott M... related to someone questioning Scott H. about "had he actually done any recovery work"... and 'not' posting stories about your pickups/skips... BEA stories, etc.... just staying under the radar as such... It was on facebook and youtube so I figure it was open to most on the net.

I might preface this with the fact that I am not, of course, at the level of secrecy that many on here are at... or believe they are at.... and I wear my life on my sleeve... I don't work around 'Langley' or the 'no such agency' group or the SS folks... but I do in fact work in the secret organization known as.... "NST"... "nothing ever happens in a small town, but what you hear makes up for it".

I thought your video was very good Scott and reflects your professionalism. You, Scott M., Joe Stiles, Tony and several others too numerous to mention all fall into that category and level that most on here will not and cannot understand.

I wanted to give Scott H. a bit of a different opinion on 'what to say or what to tell'... IMHO, stories by anyone... as long as they are factual and do not harm anyone's reputation are fair game with me... as you all know, I tell em plenty and will not hesitate to mention who has helped me and when...as for tooting your own horn on BEA activity... I will tell you that I do very few pickups myself and none of them... I repeat, none are what you would call 'exciting'... I will however call some of you, the ones I have determined are professional and whom I feel comfortable dealing with... and after the fact, after the action is completed I will most often... and with permission of the parties involved... post a little story on FRN and also sometimes on my webpage, matter of fact, I normally play down my role and play up the role of the BEA that did the job.

The stories and pictures I post on my webpage are for the purpose of giving credit to the folks that helped me locate and arrest the skips and hopefully it will be a positive thing for all involved. Even the pictures of the fugitives who have been re-arrested are posted in some instances... just for clarity and to give credence to the story. I never post their names or any facts about them... UNLESS OF COURSE the pictures are of fugitives 'still wanted'... then of course their info is fair game.

Anyway, Scott H.... I do tell stories related to the BEA activities and bonding activities which I feel would be pertinent info for the rank and file... if it is the least bit personal... I stick it in the 'private section', other wise it is out there for all to see. If I were to get a complaint... I would certainly remove whatever was offensive, otherwise it's there for the world to see. Given all this... I don't think telling stories about your adventures is harmful or detrimental to your business and can in many cases bolster your exposure and garner a wider audience that might put a bit more cash in your pocket and even raise your image a bit....

Me... I have nothing to hide and I personally believe good factual stories are not only entertaining but educational. IMHO. :shock: :roll:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: To tell or not to tell... that is the question.
 Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 10:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Those that have been to my office have seen my wall of shame. While those pictures are not even remotely close to the number that have been apprehended, they are there to send a message to bail clients. If you plan on running, I am not the guy to post your bond. I have had people get up and walk out when they realize that those pictures are not representative of skips I am looking for, but those that have been apprehended. I kep all information while negotiating a bond and it has proven fruitful when I get the case to recover the same person when they bond him/her out.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 10:38 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Bill,

I absolutely understand where you are coming from and appreciate that we all do business a bit differently. I believe that I explained my own perspective in the video and will always stick to that standard because it is what works for me and it fits my own personal set of ethics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3XdpdWhEYM

Quite frankly, I didn't even like making the video; I could have just as easily just erased the post that was made to my YouTube channel and no one would have been the wiser but I have always faced my critics and detractors head on and in the clear light of day. My reality, however, is that I am often referenced in this profession and sometimes it just makes sense to otherwise reinforce my credibility in a professional way precisely because I do not grandstand.

The video was really only aimed at one person - and he knows exactly who he is. It was neither meant as a rebuke against those who choose to make public their day to day work nor was it an effort to foist my own definition of professionalism upon anyone else. My opinion should mean very little to anyone who is comfortable with the way they conduct their own affairs.

My best.

Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 10:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Bill,

I am overly flattered to mentioned in the same line, if not the same post as the Scotts, Daves, Lu and the many others here. Forgive me if I do not mention all those that I would not hesitate in a minute to call on to work one of my skips.

You all know who you are!

I just am very fortunate to not have many skips. I also write the least amount of bail of most of the bail agencies in my area.

Partly due to my other bail related activities with the bail associations and some community services I do. I miss a lot of bails because I am busy doing something else, usually not for pay!

What all that said, I saw Scotts video. I thought it was well done and directed at the questioner of Scotts work. I guess it is understandable that some will question the experience of many of you on this site.

Especially since none of you have a tv show, movie or book deal, you can't be "real" bounty hunters. Or at least I don't think any of you have gone "Hollywood" yet.

I am like Bill, the few skips I had to pick up were borrriiiiiiiiingg!

I am also boring, unless I am hanging out with you guys. :wink:

So I guess this also shows why we need NABBI. Not to publicize your great "exploits." But to show the professionalism of the everyday recovery and bail agents.

Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 11:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
It was neither meant as a rebuke against those who choose to make public their day to day work nor was it an effort to foist my own definition of professionalism upon anyone else. My opinion should mean very little to anyone who is comfortable with the way they conduct their own affairs.

On the money Scott... and I only posted giving my side of whether to "tell or not to tell".

I also would like to mention that after reading some of the new section on FRN... "Verified Agent Info"... which is only available to the licensed and legal members on here... I am frankly blown away by some of the info on members... you guys are so far above my pay grade that it doesn't even register on the scale. I feel humbled to be in the presence of members of this industry that have the qualifications reflected in that section. I had no idea of the history and connections that some of you all have and I absolutely believe that the rank and file on here that are not yet verified would be in awe of some of you all.

There are only two of you that have actually visited my home... and you two probably know the real me... which is under the control of that lady I live with.............................. 8)

No wonder that you all perceive me as a clown for some of my posts... well......... I guess the cat is out of the bag... I won't change but as said... I will "endeavor to persevere".

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 11:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
I also would like to mention that after reading some of the new section on FRN... "Verified Agent Info"... which is only available to the licensed and legal members on here... I am frankly blown away by some of the info on members... you guys are so far above my pay grade that it doesn't even register on the scale. I feel humbled to be in the presence of members of this industry that have the qualifications reflected in that section. I had no idea of the history and connections that some of you all have and I absolutely believe that the rank and file on here that are not yet verified would be in awe of some of you all.

Yep . . . I agree.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 11:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
This USA Legend guy I'm sure will throw some more questions at you regardless of your video.
You have people out there that will not be pleased regardless of what you do or say, as I'm sure you are aware of that. You also have people who know the truth, but will still put you down and cause you issues just to make themselves look superior. I don't even take pictures of the defendants I have apprehended, with the exception of about three, and that was only for proof that I apprehended the defendant when I dealt with what seemed untrustworthy people and for a bondsman that wanted proof I had the skip. I, like you, keep all my files, apprehended or not, in a box and probably will not get rid of them.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2011 11:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
In defense of one who needs no defending, El Scott is absolutely aware of the individual who publicly challenged him. My take away is that he is trying to substantiate claims that he may have made in his classes (no personal experience, just an educated assumption) in an attempt to reduce the reputation of Mr. Harrell, who may very well have been brought up in one of this individuals classes (very well attended, I might add ;) ). Just an observation, as most individuals have taken numerous classes to gain knowledge while the individuals that are lazy and demand to be spoon fed, choose to blindly follow their first teacher like an apostle.

Personally, I have taken classes taught by Mr. Harrell when he was in Texas, partaken of his online continuing education products, presented with him at classes that were very well attended (For those that have been there, they can attest to numbers in the hundreds) and made apprehensions with him. I will stake my reputation as well as my success on the tutelage and professional guidance I have received from Mr. Harrell, and I could never ever come close to repaying him for the blessings upon my family as a result of following him as a mentor.

Scott

PS Dave, I take pictures to be able to prove that an individual was surrendered unharmed, as our Correctional Officers pass out physical discipline like candy on Holloween :)

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 28 Aug 2011 20:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Scott "H" I have reviewed the YouTube post and found it interesting. Yet I wonder why would you even address this damn fool. Your history and record in this business is very clear for all to see. I maybe taken to the wood shed again for the following comment, but you should have told this gentlemen to "Kiss Your Azz"

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion