Networking works! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Networking works!
 Post Posted: Thu 25 Aug 2011 11:03 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Here is a perfect example of how networking in general and on this site in particular... does in fact work, for the betterment of all concerned.

I got a call around 10 this morning from a bondsman friend of mine whom I share business with on occasion, from Richmond.

He said he had a bond in Mecklenburg and did I want it... well, sure... so he gave me the info and the number and I called the lady... her son was in for a 2... that's two FTA's... she was willing to put up "full collateral" plus the fee, understanding that the collateral amount... $2000 was refundable if and when the case was finalized and he made all appearances.

Called, got the card info and the ok to run it and called the jail to verify charges and amounts.... no such person in Mecklenburg, Va........................ oh................. he was in Mecklenburg NC... Charlotte to be exact...

Well, being the nice guy that I am........... I looked around FRN for a Charlotte bondsman "that I knew or could recommend"...

Now let me throw something important out here...
I value my reputation, I value my business and do all I can to stay at the top of the list when it comes to how I am perceived in this business.... so............ knowing that there are many, many ruthless and underhanded folks in our business... unfortunately... I only wanted to find a very honest and reputable bondsman to do this bond for this lady... whom I had talked to and have determined that she was in fact, very nice... her son just was a bit .... stupid... but under the circumstance... full collateral and all... the bond was rock solid... IMHO.

So............. I looked around and determined that Bill Williams... whom I had determined was an honest type guy that I might do business with... would be a good bet in Carolina... I know there are several on here but I had not had personal contact with any and frankly, I liked the way Bill talked... so,,,, I called him.

We discussed the case and he recommended a bondsman who called me and set up the deal for him... Bill is about 2 hours from Charlotte and said it he could recommend someone maybe a bit closer.....

He called the lady and set up the bond... and he mentioned that he did not like running cards... so being the really nice guy I am............ I said......... well, if you want, I will run the card after you make the deal and then I will just send you a check less the card fee when it clears my account (I do cards for anyone for a small fee... very nominal but it allows folks to pay with cards even when the bondsman doesn't accept them)... I might mention, I do not do this for anyone... very selective... but I said I would do it for this deal.

She trusted me to find her a fair and trustworthy bondsman... I trusted Bill Williams to find me the same, which he did (I hope?!!!) and it came together.

I might mention that I got absolutely nothing... not a dime... out of this deal but maybe sometime in the future this bondsman and/or Bill will send me a little something... sort of like the Godfather's deal.... "I require nothing but sometime in the future I may call on you"................. remember???

This is what trust and honesty and true networking is all about.

Make note of this newbies.... reputation is everything... and networking works.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Networking works!
 Post Posted: Thu 25 Aug 2011 11:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Although I've never met Bill Marx, we have sent a few pm's back and forth in the past. Today I had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone and I can assure anyone that is new to this forum that this is a straight up, good, honest man. Those of you that have been here "for a minute" already know that. It was a pleasure talking to Bill and be assured that you will be compensated Bill in the future. Also be assured that your client will get everything coming to her after the case is disposed of. You have my word on that. I will follow this case and make sure things go smoothly as I'm sure they will.

I just verified that the man I referred you to is going and it is a go.

I sent you a pm and please take advantage of the offer.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Thu 25 Aug 2011 11:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
:) we are so very Blessed here . . . :wink:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 25 Aug 2011 15:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
This is one of the things I keep telling people - Networking Does Work!

It's great that you are listed in the FRN Directory - but takes more than that.

You have to become involved in the FRN Forums. This is where you really make connections.
Attachment:
File comment: Fugitive Recovery Network
Networking - It works

frn_w.JPG
frn_w.JPG [ 232.64 KiB | Viewed 10596 times ]

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post Posted: Thu 25 Aug 2011 15:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
And you must answer your phone!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 25 Aug 2011 18:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Just read about yet another FRN/NABBI-born networking achievement on Facebook! All very cool. I don't tell stories without perrmission so lets just say this one spanned from Colorado to Virginia. :wink:

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Fri 26 Aug 2011 22:58 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
since about my first week on this forum,I learned that the networking on here is outstanding.I have posted several occasions were I was astounded at the fact that we as a whole,have accomplished great things.
I have spoken with Bill W. at least a few time now and believe Bill M. hit the nail on the head in regards to Mr. Williams.He has always come off as a honest person and spoke very well.
Congrats to the two of you as well as the rest who were involved.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Wed 14 Sep 2011 14:08 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I have to agree even though I am a newbie, I grew up as the PC started taking peoples homes over by storm, and as the internet grew there was tons of forums for all sorts of interest I had. I have been a part of tons of forums and have accomplished many things I wanted to in my life cause of the proper use of forums and networking, and I must say this forum is probably the most upfront and honest I've seen. I must tip my hat off to everyone on here for keeping it honest, and giving someone like me a actually chance of doing something I always had a desire to do!

Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 08:49 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
I don't tell stories without permission

I think that is a very good rule to follow... It is always a good idea to remain close to the cuff with information that we, in our business, obtain for a variety of reasons.

I, however, will tell a tale in a NY minute (a New York minute according to BigDave and Yak is about 4 seconds...) ........... I normally however, will not give names and tales together unless it is in the private section or in the event that the person named is not harmed or identified in a way that would cause a problem and also if it is ok with the so named.

Also, if on the occurrence of my posting something that the persons involved would rather not be mentioned... all one has to do is drop me a quick phone call or a PM or an email and let me know and it will be removed 'pronto'.

However, if you talk nasty to me... or yell at me in an irritating way......... I will post your tale including your name and home telephone number in the NY Times and the Washington Post and on Facebook and also send your information to a friend of mine who is an investigative reporter for a major "TABLOID" magazine and he will write a really descriptive story of how you are an 'alien' from a distant planet and have a really bad virus that is incurable and causes large red spots to pop out on your face.... and is extremely contagious and incurable. Image

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 15 Sep 2011 09:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I agree with that too! I tend to not tell stories that will hurt someone image but if I have to get something off my chest I wouldn't disclose any information about them. I never try to leave myself open for a person to be rude to me though, obviously there is that occasion people to get nasty, I just smile and respond accordingly, usually results in a good positive ending!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion