Wearing IDS... Cards? Badges? What is best? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Wearing IDS... Cards? Badges? What is best?
 Post Posted: Fri 05 Aug 2011 15:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
Ron,

Thomas is exactly correct... Make sure whatever you and your partners wear, has been approved by the state in which you live.

In NC for example we have an ID card that we carry in our wallet as well as a ID card that some of us carry around our neck.... I guess I did misunderstand your post as I sometimes do when tired. Problem was, you stated you had an ID and the others didn't. Again, maybe I mis-read. Forget me, I'm tired, Thomas is right on !

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Fri 05 Aug 2011 17:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
There doesn't seem to be any specific guidelines in Minnesota. I looked at what some local BEA's use and just created a generic Laminate Badge.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

Post Posted: Fri 05 Aug 2011 17:24 

Sorry I've been away, moving again, this time (hopefully) permanent...just 5 min away too! :D

Badges and ID cards are legal in AZ, the only stipulation is you cannot identify yourself as an employee of federal, state or any state-sponsored agency. See ARS-13-3885 (what we live and breathe by in AZ), Section B(3):

"B. A bail recovery agent or a bail bond agent shall not do any of the following:

3. Wear, carry or display any uniform, badge, shield or other insignia or emblem that implies that the bail recovery agent is an employee, officer or agent of this state, a political subdivision of this state or the federal government. A bail recovery agent may display identification that indicates the agent's status as a bail recovery agent only."

I'm usually blending in as much as possible, unless credentials or ID are needed...such as booking in 4th ave jail. It's difficult to get buzzed into the sally port with your principle without visible ID that the guard desk can clearly see in his camera. It's all about presence and professionalism IMHO. I blend in, then present ID when needed. If I go prancing around with badge, gun, mace everywhere I go, I'm no better than the cowboys that make our lives hard. That's at least my two cents.

Post Posted: Sat 06 Aug 2011 05:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
In NC, we are issued ID cards that must be on our person while we are doing any type of Bail Bond Business. We have a small ID card for our wallet and a larger one that can be hung around our neck which is easily concealed under our shirt and brought out when and if needed.
The card is issued by the Dept of Insurance, has our photo, name, state seal,etc. No Badges of any kind are allowed for Bail Agents in NC. This seems to work rather nicely in NC

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Sat 06 Aug 2011 13:36 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I see all kinds around here.

In fact when I meet a client I always wear my photo ID and make sure I show it to them, then I hand them my business card that has my photo on it.

One lady told me that she had bail people out several times and I was the first bail agent to ever show her a picture ID. She was very impressed.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion