Verify Warrants • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Verify Warrants
 Post Posted: Mon 13 Jun 2011 20:26 

The verifying of warrants starting disappearing after Homeland Security. Several police stations used to supply warrant checks through the FBI database for a $5 fee prior to 9-11 . Then the FBI stopped their practice because terror cells in the USA were using third party providers to check out ID's against potential warrants. If no warrants, the cells felt safer to use the false ID.

On a county level, there may be no easy screening to comply with the federal requirements. So they may just say "no" to all warrant inquiries.

What happens when a LEO runs a warrant check on a file that is covertly tagged by any of the feds? They get a person-to-person visit within hours to investigate where, why, how the LEO came to run the warrant.

The feds are not interested so much in bounty skips as they are in allowing a system to be compromised by a cell operative who has a friendly LEO to run warrant checks.

Post Posted: Tue 21 Jun 2011 02:12 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3750
Experience: 7 - 10 years
We had the same kinda thing happen about a year ago with the old Sheriff.
They told us to verify with the Court's during Bussiness hour's, I as well am very strict with my guy's cause it is a huge liability when not knowing.
Now when i am out of county i run into it alot not will they not verify county warrents nor will they for city.
And that put's alot of us in a bind since i am one who prefers the 4 am recovery's while in bed and not aware of our pressence till it is to late.
Now with our new Sheriff they verify anything we want even if we are out of town it is great.

641-752-4246

Post Posted: Sun 03 Jul 2011 12:19 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on this one. Please keep posting about such articles as they really spread useful information. Thanks for this particular sharing. I hope it stays updated, take care.

austin bail bonds

Post Posted: Thu 28 Jul 2011 15:54 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Here in Minnesota, I haven't had a problem verifying warrants. A few counties are online only... however if you call the warrant office and tell them that you are not near a computer or getting ready to attempt an arrest, they will help out.

I am not a BEA - just a Bondsman trying to improve and become a better bondsman.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion