Black Sheep Bail Recovery Bill Patterson • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Black Sheep Bail Recovery Bill Patterson
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Jul 2011 05:35 

Maybe whoever is in charge of this forum or the directory should call the guys number that's listed and talk to him.

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jul 2011 08:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
PHiLL wrote:
We will require more information and evidence prior to removing a listing from the network directory.

Can you imagine what would happen if we removed anyone from the directory that ever had a complaint about them. There wouldn't be much of a directory.

Just because someone or their business is listed in the FRN directory does not mean that they are endorsed by Fugitive Recovery Network. Any more than someone being listed in the Yellow pages is an endorsement by that provider.

People should use caution and good business practices prior to hiring any services. This does not mean that people cannot be taken advantage of - or simply ripped off.

William, This is the stance that I have to stand by . . . Please provide something concrete to Phill in a PM or E-Mail so that the matter can be taken care of.
There are more than few in the Directory that I would not hire for a dog bite but I cannot have them removed. Some are in States are are "unRegulated" in that, one can have a Business License but has no training or education and can be whoever they say they are . . . We must be cautious when removing anyone.

Quote:
I have spoken to several people in our association that have assured me that they will get busy on this one.

Perhaps this is the entity that needs to provide the info ?

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jul 2011 08:12 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
THarris76 wrote:
Maybe whoever is in charge of this forum or the directory should call the guys number that's listed and talk to him.

Actually, that very likely will prove nothing since anyone can be on the other end of the phone and since this info has already been supplied it may be a moot point... again... it is frankly, not up the the subscription media source to validate a person credentials... as poor as that may seem, it is a fact... there is no way that public information on any given media can be verified to any extent. I will say this again... if a person has the fee to post the ad... he can be or say most anything and as long as it is compliant with the advertiser... it gets printed.

Yes, it is in our best interest to validate and try and make sure we are all above board, legally and professionally but the simple fact is that it is probably impossible to do this in reality... and with many state not being regulated... how can you be absolutely sure other than "word of mouth" and that frankly depends on the "mouth" that is providing the information at the time.... do you see the problem here...

Reality has to prevail... delete him if you will... he very likely needs to be sanctioned but be sure of your actions.

We have a perfect example of how the system "does not always work"... or if your so inclined... how the system "does work"... the Anthony case... and you see... here again... it depends on your perspective and your position... everyone has a slightly different perspective.... so who makes the final choice as to where it goes...

Not me......... I ain't that smart and I dare say, neither are any of us.... it has to be a collective effort... and if you all agree... take him out of the directory.... I have about finished with this... to me it is pretty much cut and dried.... each has a point... move past it.

Bottom line to me anyway... is pretty simple.... check out your intended affiliations... if you get screwed... you didn't look deep enough... put the bad apples in a separate bag and move on... "live and learn" and if you want to provide info on your bad experience fine.... just be aware of defamation laws.... people will come back at you all the time.... be prepared.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jul 2011 09:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
I am a little surprised by some of the responses that this thread is creating.

Firstly, one of the basic rules for this website and forum is to remain positive. I do not wish to offend any reader with negative remarks about anyone or any company.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8464

Quote:
NEGATIVES:

Talking negatively about any site only makes us (this site and it's members) look badly. When people visit this site the last impression that we want them to get is that we tolerate that type of activity.

Please try to keep all comments positive and I feel it would be best if we could refrain from any negativity.

Consider that you were the person being discussed. (Put yourself in their shoes) Situations happen.

FYI- I have placed a call and sent an email - I am awaiting a reply.

I see that they did recently update their information after the last mass password email.

As others have pointed out, it would be a full-time job just verifying all entries submitted to the directory. I attempt to eliminate duplicate & fraudulant submissions, as well as, blatant spammers as they are submitted.

Additionally, this website although a resource for members and the general public to exchange information, ideas, and comments as well as network and expand their industry connections, it is also a business. As a business one of the goals is to generate income. If I was to discourage people for joining the forums and the directory - I would be eliminating the source of potential income.

This not say that I do not listen (read) suggestions and comments made by members. I just have to take a little different approach and carefully consider any actions that I take.

Further, in this crazy "Sue" happy world we live in - there is the potential that someone could consider it discrimination that I allow 'X' company to be listed in the directory but not 'Y' company. While yes it is my business there is also the fact that there are certain guidelines I must follow.

Which brings me back to the original point - That even the negative remarks made on this site can possibly be considered slander or libel. Anyone can sue for libel if they can prove that another has distributed defamatory statements about them and that it has defamed their character and/or caused them harm.

While slander and libel are extremely difficult to prove or enforce in the US and a public area or forum cannot be held responsible for the remarks of it's individual members/participants unless they also took part in the act directly, that doesn't mean that they cannot be named in a suit. Which would mean time and money expenditures I would rather avoid!

So hopefully I have shed some light on why my position is to be cautious.

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jul 2011 13:19 

Although our listing for our company is a free one right now it will be a paid one in a couple weeks. Why not make it where everyone has to pay to be in the directory and that will weed out some of the bad apples I bet.

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jul 2011 13:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1
I thought about making all listings paid - but one of the features of this website over many others is the strength in Search Engine Results.

Part of that is due to my skills as a developer, part of it is due the links backs the site receives, and the more information that is provided the stronger the presence.

By having free listings it allows everyone to be listed. This provides a greater amount of information. Search Engines like information. Those that link back to FRN get listed after the premium members then the free without link backs.

Then because of the strong internet presence the FRN website has - the more value for the Premium members.

US Bail Bond Directory
Private Investigator Database

Please post questions in the "Comments or Suggestions" Forum
PM is only for private requests or comments

Post Posted: Thu 21 Jul 2011 16:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
I have stated my case on this forum, to the DOI and to our Association. There is nothing more I can do, so there won't be anymore posts on this subject by me.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion