It's a Respect thing... • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: It's a Respect thing...
 Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 12:38 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
One thing I have learned in this business being new is dont under cut yourself. Bail Agents (around CA at least) will try to get new Recovery Agents to take a job for free to "show them they can do the job", and then never give them another job. I agree with offering an initial discount, absolutely, but not for free... I believe you will get more respect and jobs if you maintain your value and RESPECT :wink: with your clients. If they choose to go with someone thats cheaper, remember, you usually get what you paid for- keep going back to them!

Always have a signed contract with the Bail Agent for the job. Ensure it protects you AND the Bail Agent. (Scott Harrell has a great example on his disk!)

I have no problem losing a job (yep, I have) because a bail agent dosent like my contract, that usually means it was going to go bad anyways....better before the job then after in my opinion.

:D

Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 13:30 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2797
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I CANNOT STRESS how much a signed contract is extremely important. I have slowly been updating my contracts and now creating an autofill PDF format. That way I am no longer having to deal with handwritten copies, and being able to autofill in what is necessary.

The most important things in my contract:

-Defendant's name, charge, case number, bond amount, Surety Co, Power #
-Clients name, Bonding Company, Address, Business Phone, and Contracting Agent Emergency Contact# in event for LEO Verification.
-My Name, My Company information
Standard Fees and Agreement (to include any negotiated costs and retainers in requested)
-Full Disclosure Clause of ALL KNOWN BONDS from contracting Bonding Agency, and any other known active bonds
-Exclusivisity Clause (to protect from bumping heads and back dooring other agents)

Bail Bond Contracts to include, but not limited to:

-Full Application of Defendant and ALL Indemnitors
-Booking Photo AND Bail Bondsman photo taken at release
-ALL INTERNAL INVESTIGATIVE REPORTS (to prevent unnecessary chages to bondsman for search fees)
-Promisary Note (if used)
-Privacy Statements
-Release of Disclosure Agreements
-Collateral Receipts (if any)
-Authorization to Arrest
-Hold Harmless Agreement (if used)
-Authorization to Arrest (My form, separate)
-Copies of ALL Powers (Bonds)
-General Power of Attorneys
-Breach of Contract Agreements

----->Basically...if its in their file, I NEED IT. You never know when a particular form they use can make or break the case.

MadMadi is 100% correct. Don't undercut yourself, NEVER EVER do anything for free or without a contract SIGNED, and NEVER GO ANYWHERE without KNOWING THE LAWS!

Just because you see it somewhere does not make it true. That includes the State Law Directory on this site. That is there as a guideline of the General Laws (in brief).... As Bill always says, "The rule of thumb, is there is no rule!" (Sorry Bill, I'm sure you would have said it yourself).

Always contact the Local LEOs (city, county, parish, etc) as well as the State Agency that governs the industry (be it Dept/Div. of Insurance or Bureau of Investigation or Dept of Public Saftey).

People in the US have the LEGAL right to Bail. Bail Bondsman exist to HELP those in the community AFFORD that right. We as recovery agents have no LEGAL RIGHTS, but we DO have the PRIVILEGE to rearrest and return those to their original jurisdiction. Unfortunately, like other privileges in this country, people take advantage of it and try to ruin it for the rest of us; however, we few professionals, must keep our heads high and prove to the courts, attorneys, legislation, and many others that we are a necessary part of the judicial system.

Many refuse to see it, or see the "reality" television shows and shun our industry.... Then again, if our industry is so bad, why is Oregon and Wisconsin considering lifting their ban?

307-763-3134

"As Professional Bail Enforcement Agents, we secure the Risk of the Surety by lawfully protecting the interest of not only the safety and security of our Clients and their Surety Agencies, but their Indemnitors and Defendants as well."

Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 14:48 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Great guidline to go by Timothy! I see something I need to add - exclusivisity clause!!!

See, learning every day here! :wink:

Post Posted: Fri 24 Jun 2011 17:38 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
Experience: More than 10 years
I have clients that I frequently give discounts to because they have provided me with a lot of work in the past. One client in particular called me one day to tell me that she and another bail agent had the same person out on bail (diffrerent charges). The other bail agent was new to the industry and called someone that offered to do the recovery for free. After several days and the free 'recovery agent' had come up with nothing, my client called me and said she told the other bail agent, it was time to bring in the 'pro'. Fortunately, within 48 hours, we had the skip back in jail (incidentally, the other bail agent recently closed up shop).

I work with another bail agent out of Reno that calls me whenever he has a skip in Northern California. He always pays me 50 to 60 percent of the bond. I told him he didn't need to do that but he said that one of these days he may call me and tell me he had a skip but he didn't have the money to pay me. I am fine with that arrangement.

And there is still another bail agent in Richmond, CA I have worked for that paid me even thoough we didn't catch his skip (I still owe you a frree one, Tony!!)

Yes, I have been burned in the past by bail agents that refused to pay; but they are mostly out of state (specifically, Georgia!....twice...by different bail agents!). That is one of the reasons I normally get a signed contract if I am working for someone I don't know or hasn't been recommended by a bail agent I know and trust.

Post Posted: Sun 03 Jul 2011 12:28 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Experience: < 3 years
Certainly helpful for me and other readers also as I am finding so many good comments here.

austin bail bonds

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jul 2011 15:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Mr WilsonJohn of Austin Bail Bonds, please go to the introduction section and read how to post an introduction first.

Not to be an a$$ especially on Independance Day but, your post seem to be a bit repetitive.

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jul 2011 18:54 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I think someone said he was a "bot"... :?:

Post Posted: Mon 04 Jul 2011 20:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
First, yes Austin BB is almost certainly a bot. The language alone suggests a computer program. Second, something to add to the contract thing. Always contract for exoneration of the bond, not an arrest. That way, if you discover them in custody, or lead LE to arrest them, or scare them into self surrender, you get paid for your work.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Tue 05 Jul 2011 09:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Yea, I knew that. I just wanted to get a "canned" response to se if AI was getting any better.

You know, like getting ready to take over the world like in the Terninater, Eagle Eye or other movies.

Post Posted: Sun 10 Jul 2011 07:44 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Experience: < 3 years
Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenter here! It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I'm sure you had fun writing this article.

austin bail bonds

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion