bail Story Out of Virginia • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: bail Story Out of Virginia
 Post Posted: Fri 27 May 2011 10:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-bail-skip ... 8923.story

This crew will be with us in Vegas next month.

Post subject: Re: bail Story Out of Virginia
 Post Posted: Fri 27 May 2011 11:45 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Very cool! Looking forward to it!

Post subject: Re: bail Story Out of Virginia
 Post Posted: Sun 29 May 2011 19:31 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Wow.... Steve Grobel is my general agent and also a very good attorney.... I might mention a little story that just happened tonight... my daughter... also a bondsman... called and told me that a client I had been working with on a $5000 bond for her boyfriend... was in the hospital, possibly (not sure of this however) giving birth to her new baby... she called my daughter and ask the following question... "can a bondsman go to the jail and get someone out without talking to a co-signer or without any money...?"

Apparently, her boyfriend had contact this bondman, from jail and without any contact with his girlfriend in the hospital and without any money paid... the bondsman got the defendant released and called the girlfriend in the hospital and told her that he was bringing the boyfriend to the hospital and she was going to give him $300... she ask my daughter what her responsibilities were in this case and my daughter told here that she had "NO RESPONSIBILITIES AT ALL..." She had not contacted or spoken to this bondsman and he could not force her to do anything... in addition my daughter told her that if the bondsman got out of hand to call security and to not sign or give him a dime.

I think the sad part here is that the girlfriend will very likely get "talked into" paying and signing whatever the bondsman says because she probably wants to keep her boyfriend there and I am pretty sure the bondsman is going to tell her that he will lock the boyfriend up if she does not pay.... of course, he can't do it until Tuesday unless of course he can talk the magistrate into signing a bail piece... and if it is a Circuit case, it cannot be done except by a Circuit court clerk.. on Tuesday....

This is exactly why the bonding industry is facing many of the problems in today's market.... I am presently researching the Virginia code as to the procedures related to this type of action... not sure at this time what may or may not be legal with his actions...

I welcome comments on this................ I will gladly post this bondsman's name if asked.... he is out of Lynchburg and according to his DCJS number, he is fairly new....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage