getting started • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: getting started
 Post Posted: Mon 09 May 2011 14:40 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Scott2011,
I have gone back and read your previous posts and I did not see any negative feedback,I did see some people giving you some very good advice though.While I thank you for your response to me helping someone but I have to say there are alot of others here that I have personaly recieved help from in some shape or form.I am not the only one that has recieved that help either,I only try to "pay it forward" as the old saying goes.

I am certainly not attacking you in anyway and from the looks of your other posts and of those that responded to them it does not look as if anyone else has either.I also asked the original poster of this post to make a sig line and I dont think he took it wrong,at least I hope he didnt.

Anyway keep on reading and participating on the forum. please place a signature line so we all get a general idea of who you are as well.If you need any advice or help do not hesitate to ask for it.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Fri 13 May 2011 20:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
Yes Jay, that was dang decent of you willing to help this guy...Going out of your way to help also.

I'm bettin if this man succeeds you will never be forgotten...

I don't know you, but like you already.

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2011 13:40 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I appreciate the kind words but I believe in paying it forward and I have recieved help from a few people on here as well as off of this site.I do not mind helping someone out as long as they understand a few things, one being that they are not going to get rich doing this work,two they must be willing to learn and listen,and three I am not going to have anyone with me that wants to be wearing tactical gear everytime we go out.I do wear tactical gear at times so I am not knocking the people that wear it,but there are times to wear it and times not to in my opinion.

I have gotten slightly off topic so I will stop now because I tend to blab on and on!! I think I have been around this forum to long!! lol

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Sat 14 May 2011 22:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
My tactical gear consists of, OC spray in my front pocket, hand cuffs in my rear pocket, shackles in the trunk of my car, (seldom used) hand cuff key in the left front pocket of my shirt, comfortable pair of running shoes ( I'm old but do run at times) clean pressed jeans, decent pressed shirt, a concealed 45 that has been drawn once in almost ten years and a mag light. That's almost always all I carry. I've found if I do my homework on my subject ( which for me is about 80 percent of the work anyway) things go rather smoothly. I do wear a shirt that says Bail Agent that is covered by my regular shirt which I remove when need be. NC DOI is very strict on what we wear and does not allow badges.

I wore the tactical stuff in the Military in 1971....No offense to those that choose to wear whatever they want....I'm just more comfortable wearing regular stuff.

Man, I'm way off topic too.

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Wed 22 Feb 2012 23:17 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Jayc4929 hey im sorry i have been gone for so long thank you for the advise and trying to help me get started, i was not able to go to my class last year but im still looking to go. also i hope that your still willing to help me out and get some time under my belt. i will be getting out of my current job in june. and will be willing to travel to you. but again sorry for it being all most a year before getting back to this.

Post Posted: Thu 23 Feb 2012 07:14 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
THIS WAS A FORMER POST BY SCOTT2011: Wow, I really like how someone is wanting to learn the BEA and someone has stepped up to the plate and is wanting to help him out annd get him some experience. I just get nothing but neg. feedback on thigs I ask. Sure is nice to see some positive remarks instead of what I end up with.

Just a quick response to this.... not sure why but looks like Scott2011 has not been around since last year... apparently, he decided not to pursue his relationship with FRN.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

... as to Christopher... "thenewguy"... welcome back... read, read, read... and pay no attention to the detractors that sometimes jump in here... there are a lot of very qualified people here and when approached by 'newbies' with realistic, honest questions, and positive attitudes... they will respond with very good advice... we do not spoon feed anyone but in this business you must be able to do the research yourself... otherwise, success will be fleeting... if at all...

Good luck Christopher... stick it out and do the research and the reading.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion