Is it TRUE or Not???? • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Is it TRUE or Not????
 Post Posted: Wed 04 May 2011 07:59 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
... and an addition...

Rally to Oppose SB186 Tomorrow Morning!

It has come to our attention that a group of Colorado bail agents, angered over the passage of SB186 on second reading this morning, have planned an early morning protest rally at the Capitol tomorrow, May 4, 2011 at 7AM.

Our organization supports bail agent activism and involvement, and we applaud Brett Almy for organizing the event.

We would like to invite all of you to attend if you can make it. The details, along with contact information, can be found below. Thanks again for all you do to support and preserve bail in Colorado and across the US.

Rally to Oppose SB186
Colorado State Capitol
West Side of the Sphere
May 4th, 7AM
(720) 732-6884
asonny1@aol.com

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 04 May 2011 14:55 
in memoriam

In the interest of all concerned I wanted to post a memo received my me and other Seneca agents in regard to this ongoing Colorado political situation... I would also like to say that I have written bonds through Seneca for about 5 years and during that time I have never had any type of issue with this company.

I will make this statement... I would not work with any organization unless I absolutely had the utmost confidence in their integrity, character and reputation. Should I discover that my complete best interests were not upheld by any organization that I represent... I would be gone immediately. My reputation is more important to me than all the money and glory in .............. China, as they say.

this is a quote:

Dear Bail Agents:

Yesterday was a very disappointing day at the Colorado Legislature. First the bill was killed and then an amendment was added which put it back on for reconsideration and it passed. All of our excitement turned to disbelief.

For the record, neither Seneca nor the American Bail Coalition ever supported the $5000 cap amendment. There can be no compromise with deposit bail. It's in deposit bail's DNA to keep metastasizing. Everyone plans to keep fighting S 186.

Cheryl Burns
President & CEO
Bail USA Inc.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 10 May 2011 21:05 
in memoriam

Received this today... thought you might be interested...

SB186 Nearly Dead - Bail Agents Make The Difference!

This afternoon, the House Judiciary Committee in Colorado voted 8 to 3 to send SB186, a bill which would create the most aggressive deposit bail system ever proposed in the United States, to appropriations. Because of the limited time left in the Colorado legislative session, this means the bill will likely die in that committee.

Bail agents (and future agents) showed up again today to protest SB186, and their passionate opposition was heard and understood by House lawmakers. APOB congratulates and thanks Brett Almy, who organized the protests, and both the RMBA and the PBAC for their work representing agents opposed to deposit bail in Colorado. This unified effort should serve as a sign of what is possible when agents unite together to fight for their industry. Thank you all for your hard work... job well done!

We will, of course, be monitoring the situation very closely until tomorrow at midnight, when the Colorado legislative session will formally end. We will keep you informed of any new developments.

Americans for the Preservation of Bail

Post Posted: Wed 11 May 2011 06:09 
in memoriam

Bill for Colo. alternative bond program fails:

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_18031357

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage