Instructive Gun website • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Instructive Gun website
 Post Posted: Sat 16 Apr 2011 05:40 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Here is a great website that will help you with your shooting practice.

Open this site: http://www.nssf.org/

after you open this one... go to the 'shooting' section... top left, then to the 'video' link at the bottom left of the page and look at the following videos for starters... there is an absolute wealth of information on this site.

Remember.............. "PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"

'Handgun Shooting Tip: Trigger Control & Follow Through'

'Pick Up Your Targets Quicker'

'Handgun Shooting Tip: Key Shooting Fundamentals'

'Handgun Shooting Tip: Clearing the Double Feed'

... and if your looking for a place to shoot... here is another helpful site:

http://www.wheretoshoot.org/

and one of my favorites: http://www.idpa.com/

Each of these links has other related links to help you with your gun related activities... as said here many times... READ, READ, READ.

If you are diligent and practice often, you can hone your skills to a degree that may one day save your life... but at the very least, will provide you with an added confidence in your personal shooting abilities.... and besides, it is fun... and that is, after all, what life is all about. :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Instructive Gun website
 Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 10:16 

speezack wrote:
Here is a great website that will help you with your shooting practice.

Open this site: http://www.nssf.org/

Wow. That is a great site. Thanks for the link.

What caught my attention is the $500,000 government grant for setting up a firing range. I heard from another colleague that he is within a few months of opening his range using that grant.

I think I will check it out. Looks like a money-maker.

Post Posted: Sun 17 Apr 2011 15:30 
in memoriam

You are very welcome Bill, I talk a lot of .................. "BS".......... but practicing in this manner and these great websites are not part of that.............. this is a very important activity that I tout all the time on here... I have a close friend here in Virginia that is in the process of working this grant for our gun range... I will try to let you all know as it progresses.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 18 Apr 2011 19:51 

speezack wrote:
You are very welcome Bill, I talk a lot of .................. "BS".......... but practicing in this manner and these great websites are not part of that.............. this is a very important activity that I tout all the time on here... I have a close friend here in Virginia that is in the process of working this grant for our gun range... I will try to let you all know as it progresses.

Wonderful.

"A little Help from my friends", as another deceased pal and his surviving chum once authored, would be grateful in conquering the definitive bureaucratic grant maze of BS ahead for me.

Post Posted: Tue 19 Apr 2011 06:13 
in memoriam

McCartney and Lennon, yep... I also have a retired police officer who is now in charge of writing, applying for and obtaining grants for the law enforcement community associated with his former department... he can probably give me some insight as to the complicated working of the "grant BS" :shock: :shock:
Quote:
would be grateful in conquering the definitive bureaucratic grant maze of BS ahead for me.

................. ahhh, yes....... Bill..... just another stepping stone through life's maze.... I see you are now gaining a degree of understanding... see Bill... I knew you would climb on board the "good ship"... 8) ... stick with me kid... I'll have you fully indoctrinated shortly... and will help you through the maze.................... 8) 8)

"... intelligence, articulation and focus are not always what you need to navigate through life.... sometimes all you need is the ability to lay as much BS on your adversaries as they will always lay on you... because in the end... that is what gains the higher ground... that and ammunition, although a large sense of humor can't hurt."

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion