Governor's Warrant • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Governor's Warrant
 Post Posted: Wed 13 Apr 2011 10:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
The fella is correct . . . People can be recovered from Kentucky. If it is Felony the LE will do it for ya.
There is a thread here in regards to same. Hopefully Don S. will pop in and explain.
A misdemeanor can be recovered if the "crime" is punishable up to a year in the County Jail. In order do a recovery one must have the exact address . . . of course there are "legal procedures" that must adhered to. But then none of us here do anything that would stray outside the line.
One must simply follow the Uniform Extradition Act.

I have a couple of docs that can be used (provided to me by a former KY State Trooper) I have some running to do this afternoon but will try and put my hands on them later this evening.

From what I can discern . . . the original poster is asking about how to get a UFAP . . . that has nothing to do with the Governor of any State. That is straight up dealing with the DA's Offices . . . He needs to contact his Local DA and he will need to have all of his ducks n a row. Meaning he had better be able prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that his "felony" client has left the jurisdiction of the State to avoid prosecution.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 13 Apr 2011 10:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=679&p=58222#p58222

I bumped the above topic . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Wed 13 Apr 2011 10:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
okay here goes!

The UCEA is present in all states but MO and SC. That means that an individual state has the right to afford their sovereign citizen the right to fight extradition, or intradition according to G. Gordon Liddy. The fact that some states hold to this consistently does not negate the fact that the law is there to protect the civil rights of the defendant. That said, to recover a citizen from another state who has absconded from the wanting jurisdiction, they must be entered in NCIC. Absent that entry, the state that they are located in has no way to confirm that they are a wanted individual. Once that is accomplished, and there is precedent and procedures for accomplishing this task, there is communication from the wanting jurisdiction to the located jurisdiction requesting assistance. They will issue a warrant for fugitive in flight of prosecution, failure to register as a fugitive upon entry into the state, failure to report as a felon upon entering the state or any other number of a myriad of charges designed to detain the defendant legally in the state he was located in, until such timne as the defendant can be brought before the judiciary for an extradition hearing.

To the point of KY, there are legal statutes that spell out the procedure for the apprehension of an absconder in their state, which requires going before a judge and presenting evidence that A) a crime occurred in another jurisdiction, B) the defendant is the person who was in that state at the time and is believed to be the person that committed that crime (as evidenced by arrest prior to absconding) and 3) that the defendant is located in the state. The judge, having been satisfied, issues an arrest warrant to the Sheriff, not the bail agent, and then formal extradition proceedings may convene.

To Bill's question: I have personally recovered fugitives from KY by following the legal methods previously reported. I have also been the person that transported the fugitive back to the wanting state, by authorization of the State's Attorney in writing, as a State actor. I have been challenged on this before and people that know me well have seen my file of precedent setting letters of authorization to transport from numerous states.

To the OP, I believe that you may have misunderstood what your former bondsman was telling you about a Governors warrant or confused terminology on either your or his part. To the point, some states will exonerate bonds by presented motion if they can provide proof that the defendant is in fact incarcerated in another jurisdiction, while others do not. This is important, because some states that are historically difficult to deal with may afford the defendant a fugitive bond, leaving the defendant responsible to self return to the wanting jurisdiction, present himself for service of the warrant, and then return to the state he was located in to prove that he addressed the issue. I have seen documentation where such defendants have been released on signature or personal recognizance bonds to do so, and of course, kept running.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 13 Apr 2011 10:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thank You Scott. I have bumped the other Topic in regards to KY.
Two years ago I got one from KY . . . it is possible when simply follows the Rules ;)

Post Posted: Wed 13 Apr 2011 15:10 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
pm sent Bill but before my slow typing hand could finish writing the others answered for me.I believe thier terms on the subject are a little more detailed than mine are though!! :lol:
Here is just a small part of the kentucky law on bail....
Quote:
KY

Bounty hunters banned. No bail bondsman or his agent can arrest, detain, and remove from the state a bail fugitive unless a warrant has been issued for the defendant (KRS 440.270(2)). To get the warrant, a "credible" person has to appear before a judge, the judge has to issue it, and the arrest must be made by a peace officer. Defendant then answers the charge before a judge in the county in which he was arrested (KRS 440.270(1). Kentucky expressly outlaws the commercial bail bond industry. KRS 431.510 (outlawing commercial bail bond industry); See Stephens v Bonding Assoc. Of Kentucky, 538 S. W.2nd 580 (Ky 1976) (upholding statute).UCEA.

of course Scott and the others are correct in saying that there are ways to get your defendant legitimately and legally just a little more paper work at times.I personally have done recoveries there and have had no problems besides the normal ignorance of some LEO which is usually the case.Kentucky does seem to spell out fairly well what they expect from an agent in the bail and recovery aspect.

Cell:(931)551-5020

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion