Pre-Trial Release in Miami FL SuckKs • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Pre-Trial Release in Miami FL SuckKs
 Post Posted: Sat 12 Feb 2011 17:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Well I have seen it happen to other Bondsmen as they wait for the Jail Card at Miami Dade County Jail.. but it has yet to happen to me until TODAY...

I get called to post a bond for "Battery - Domestic Violence Related" = $1500.00 .. I would be making $50 for my execution fee.. I get to the Miami Dade County Jail at 10:50am today.. go to the Window and Show My Bail Bondsman ID and Request a Blue Inmate Slip for Corrections to pull my defendant's Jail Card so that I may write the bond. I write "11:03am" as the time I handed in the slip to Corrections..

12pm... 1pm.... 2pm...SCREWED NOW ( TOUR CHANGE ) ...3pm (Drive to Burger King and grab a burger)..4pm... still waiting outside to be called.. 5pm I go to the window and ask the Corrections Officer whats up with my Jail Card ?.. She replies.. " We are very backlogged today, we are moving as fast as possible " .. 6pm...7pm.. I go back to window only to be told that my defendant will be Released on PRE-TRIAL SERVICES... WTF ! You couldnt tell me this 7 hours ago .. ? My whole day wasted .. and didnt make $1.00 .. froze my ass off outside as the temp here in Miami has dropped alot for us warm weather lovers.. now I am home pissed and had to vent.. so why not do it here..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post subject: Re: Pre-Trial Release in Miami FL SuckKs
 Post Posted: Sat 12 Feb 2011 20:16 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I am sure many share your thoughts. Just ask Speezack or do a search on pre-trial.

VA DCJS #99-99238446

Post Posted: Sun 13 Feb 2011 12:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Our closest scenario to that is when we wait for hours for the jail to complete the booking and then we are told that they now have a ICE hold.

Had that happen last week. Did all the paperwork with the indems, had $8,000 cash in my pocket and the jail says, "sorry, he has an ICE hold on him now."

They could tell us up front that they are waiting on a ICE call back.

BTW, this guy has been in CA for 10 years, picked up before and no problems with ICE and is actually "in the process" to become legal.

So he may be released eventually but by then the local case will be done and I'm out a good payday.

Post Posted: Sun 13 Feb 2011 16:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Got to love the ICE holds. That or after you post all of a sudden you get a phone call " Oh BTW your boy has a warrant or probation hold".
Hmmmmm you didnt see that when I called for the bond info?

SIGH

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Sun 13 Feb 2011 17:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Well just to update the story of this defendant... I called early this morning to Miami Dade Pre-Trial Services and asked if this defendant was going to be released as I am a bondsman that already had waited 8 - 9 hours yesterday to post this defendant's bond and was informed after all that time waiting that this defendant was being released on Pre-Trial.. the female at Pre-Trial advised me at 9am that he was getting out within the hour.. I was like thank you.. I will inform the family members that wanted me to bond him out..the family is glad I updated them.. 11am the family calls me .. telling me he is still not out... 1 pm ..2pm ..3:40pm.. 6pm... more calls from the family saying I am lying and he has not been released yet... Soooo.... All day goes by and this guy is still in the system.. 6:45 pm he was finally released.. Pre-Trial Sux ! This guy was detained for an unnecessary 24 - 36 hours.. glad to see this program is working well... NOT.. !

As for defendant's with Warrants.. ya gotta love the way they do it here in Miami.. lets say the defendant has 2 charges.. so after waiting 1 - 2..3..4 hours to get called so that you can write the bonds...you write 2 powers and post them.. and leave and go home.. only to get a phone call 2..3..hours later saying the guy also has a warrant and needs an additional bond to be posted.. so back to the jail ya go to write an additional power.. :roll:

NABBI Member

Post Posted: Sun 13 Feb 2011 19:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10713

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10494

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9570

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 14 Feb 2011 05:29 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 330
Experience: < 1 year
Wow, I am amazed it takes so long to bail someone out in Miami. Here you fax a remand that you get back in about 10 mins. Drop the bond off and they get released in about 1 hr. max. Of course, I am from a smaller county by far. As far as Ice holds go, they are held for 48 hrs.

Recovery Agent (IN) License #330
Cell -317-281-0760

Post Posted: Mon 14 Feb 2011 06:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

derek317 wrote:
Wow, I am amazed it takes so long to bail someone out in Miami. Here you fax a remand that you get back in about 10 mins. Drop the bond off and they get released in about 1 hr. max. Of course, I am from a smaller county by far. As far as Ice holds go, they are held for 48 hrs.

In the other surrounding counties like Broward and Palm Beach and Monroe.. it is fast .. you walk in with your paperwork hand it in and walk out .. max time you spend is 5min. to 30 min.. but here in Miami you have to go to the window get a Blue Slip of Paper after showing your ID to the Lazy Corrections Officer @ the window ..fill out your info and defendant's info & jail #.. then wait for them to call you .. you wait outside under a green circus like tent with all the other bondsman and families and homeless people that are just sitting out there..it could take anywhere from 30 minutes on a good day up to 12 hours on a bad day like this past Saturday for me .. and then when they finally call your name to go back to the window over the P.A system you find out your defendant was either already released or is going to be released on Pre-Trial.. or if all goes well they call your name hand you your deft.'s jail card and you write your bond(s) and it takes 10 minutes then for paperwork and youre done.. the system here in Miami is the Ultimate worst ! If you get there by 1:30pm be ready to wait for your name to be called around 4..4:30pm due to shift change, same thing at 11pm... and 6am .. for the other tour changes .. things just stop at least 1 hour prior to shift change and 1 hour after .. it is a horrible waiting game here...I heard a rumor that they will be moving the Bond Release Window back to TGK (Turner Guilford Knight Center Jail) in Oct 2011.. hopefully things run smoother there.. :roll:

NABBI Member

Post Posted: Mon 14 Feb 2011 08:11 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 330
Experience: < 1 year
I hope it's worth your while most of the time at least. Sounds terrible to me.

Recovery Agent (IN) License #330
Cell -317-281-0760

Post Posted: Mon 14 Feb 2011 08:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

derek317 wrote:
I hope it's worth your while most of the time at least. Sounds terrible to me.

That day certainly was not worth anything ... it was a $1500 Battery Dom. Viol. Bond.. I would have made a $50 execution fee.. and after 8 hours made No money and wasted 8 hours of my life..

If the charges of the bonds are $5000 + its a$100 execution fee and sometimes $100 + a small bonus if the bond is very very large.. if they are under $5000 it is a $50 execution fee..

Sometimes if you go to the Jail to Execute 4 Different Defendant's bonds in a day that is $400 for that day .. but unfortunately not everyday do you write .. so that $400 you might make one day may be the only money for the entire week sometimes..

Glad I have my supplemental income ..cause Bail Bonds are not a guaranteed pay check by any means..

Out of Dade County if I have to go write, I also get Travel Fees.. if it is Broward I make an extra $100 on top of the $50 or $100 .. Palm Beach an extra $200.. plus .. and the Keys I get $200.. $300.. or $400 extra + the execution fee .. depending which part of the Keys the Bond needs to be posted in..

NABBI Member

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion