Mexico Skip • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Mexico Skip
 Post Posted: Tue 08 Feb 2011 15:01 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 330
Experience: < 1 year
What is the best way, if there is any, to find out if a skip went back to Mexico? He is not a big bond, but we got the case and everyone that we can find that knows him, hasn't seen him in about 8 months. He and the co-signer, his cousin told everone they were going back to Mexico. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. This is the first time I have ran across a case like this. No leads, fake Social.

Recovery Agent (IN) License #330
Cell -317-281-0760

Post subject: Re: Mexico Skip
 Post Posted: Tue 08 Feb 2011 15:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Well Mexico is off limits.. nothing you really can do if he is there.. :cry:

unless you want to sub contract out DOG Chapman since he has practice going into Mexico.. :mrgreen:

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Tue 08 Feb 2011 15:51 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

LOL
That's the issue. I'm not sure how to find out if he is there. Evidence points that way but...

Cell -317-281-0760

Post Posted: Wed 09 Feb 2011 08:49 

We've had skips go back and forth to MX either to hide with family, just get away, transport supplies, guns, drugs, money, whatever. Usually it's to hide of course. No, you can't physically go into MX, but there are ways of finding out of they're there. In our experience skips typically stay in the upper areas of MX, close to the border so they can move quickly back and forth. Very seldom do they travel further south, but that's just in our experience (we're only 2-3 hours from the border). If you think your skip might have family or reason to hide in the northern areas, such as Nogales, Tijuana, Juarez, etc., and you have a cell phone number for them or a family member, we've tried sending a text message in Spanish to the phone with either a trap line for callback, or taking the honest approach and telling them to call the bondsman back at that number because they have a question. Doesn't always work, of course, but sometimes does, and that could help confirm they're there, esp if you can text from a trusted family member's cell phone. We try to rely on building trust with family members who will tell us and sometimes work with us to get the skip to come back to "get something" or "see someone who's sick". At one point someone gave us an investigator's email address in MX who's good at finding folks there for free, but he never got back to me (you get what you pay for). Ultimately, there was a time we had to contract with a team of former Policia Federal who found someone for us. Not sure what laws if any they had to follow (or break) for doing what they did, but they brought her across the border unharmed and cooperative, which is all we needed. Not cheap, either. (You get what you pay for...deja vu)

It's tough when they do this, and yes it's clear you can't just waltz into MX and get them (Dog :shock: ), but there are ways around it without creating an international incident. I often wished US Border Patrol would be willing to share their lists with us, but I dream on... :)

Hope this helps a little...good luck!

Post Posted: Wed 09 Feb 2011 12:39 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Thanks a lot for the tips. I appreciate it.

Cell -317-281-0760

Post Posted: Wed 09 Feb 2011 17:35 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
One of our bondsman only writes bonds for the hispanic community. We have had many cases that say they have fled back to mexico. In my experience dont always believe what people say. Sandman is right keep on family and friends someone will cooperate eventually. I would say maybe 1 out of 10 actually are in mexico. We have also found that having a hispanic agent working with us helps alot as bad as it sounds they trust their own more and feel more comfortable with talking to him. Who is the cosigner ?

Serving Colorado for over 3 years.
It's What We Do !!

Post Posted: Fri 11 Feb 2011 05:41 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Co-signer is his cousin. Also missing. No other family I could find here in the states.

Cell -317-281-0760

Post Posted: Sun 13 Feb 2011 18:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
If i was a younger man and in better health i would open an office in Mexico, you could become rich quick. I use to work Mexico cases and i am going to pass on some of the intel i know to be true in Mexico.
(1) Real Estate records are maintained at the local level, there is no statewide wide searches. Any property within 30 miles of the Mexican coastline can not be owned outright by foreigners it has to be bought through a Bank Trust and will be in the banks name not a individual.
(2) Criminal Records Not open to the public. Conviction & Imprisonment records are maintained by police & prison authorities in each state and town. Non conviction records are not kept at all.
(3) Drivers License: Not open to the public. There are 31 sovereign states plus a federal district and each one has its own motor vehicle department.
(4) Civil Court Records: Access to these are often determined by a clerks attitude
(5) Utilities: are provided by the Federal Electric Commission. All accounts are in the owners name not any renters, Gas is propane with hundreds of companies that deliver, All land line phone service is through Telmex, cell service is through pay as you go and no records kept.
(6) Medical Records are not required by law so they are not kept.
(7) Death Records: Not open to the public, maintained by Minister Publico
(8) Mexico records are organized by both last names, the giving fathers name and the mothers maiden name. this is how they are known all there lives. Married woman do not change their name. Without both last names and a birth date you will be pissing into the wind.
The last tip is never pay anyone to do cross boarder recoveries it is 90% you will get burned and its illegal

I do have 2 contacts in Mexico that i have used mutiple times through the years. They are for real and it will cost you plenty. They will bring them to the boarder

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Sun 13 Feb 2011 18:36 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

That's pretty good info to know. Thanks.

Cell -317-281-0760

Post Posted: Mon 14 Feb 2011 14:14 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Thats crazy record keeping.. perfect place to hide out!! Thanks for the info!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion