Police fear 'war on cops' At least 11 shot in 24 hours!! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Police fear 'war on cops' At least 11 shot in 24 hours!!
 Post Posted: Mon 24 Jan 2011 19:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Although the article that I posted below is about the recent shootings of Law Enforcement Officers .. we too when going after Skips Wear Identifying Clothing Such as Agent .. Enforcement .. Etc... and some of us even have Badges (Depending on everyone's State Laws) .. But what I am trying to get at is that although we are not law enforcement ... when we go to look for a skip / jump.. we may come across someone not even involved with the case we are on and MISTAKE us for LAW ENFORCEMENT, or we locate the person we are looking for and the subject DOES NOT want to go willingly and puts up resistance.... these savages dont read our Jackets or Look what our Badges Say.. all they see are people jumping out of a vehicle with guns .. vests .. tasers..door rams...etc.. and they might open fire on us.. PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION ..especially during this time as all these shootings on Law Enforcement Officers across the States may spark even more sick idiots to go out and shoot more cops or even a Bail Bondsman for that matter..

WEAR YOUR VEST ! YOUR WIFE ... ummm I MEAN YOUR LIFE ... MAY DEPEND ON IT ! ...

C&P Article : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41235743/ns ... and_courts
A spate of shooting attacks on law enforcement officers has authorities concerned about a war on cops.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 officers were shot. The shootings included Sunday attacks at traffic stops in Indiana and Oregon, a Detroit police station shooting that wounded four officers, and a shootout at a Port Orchard, Wash., Wal-Mart that injured two deputies. On Monday morning, two officers were shot dead and a U.S. Marshal was wounded by a gunman in St. Petersburg, Fla.

On Thursday, two Miami-Dade, Fla., detectives were killed by a murder suspect they were trying to arrest.

"It's not a fluke," said Richard Roberts, spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations. "There's a perception among officers in the field that there’s a war on cops going on."

With the Florida deaths, the nation is on track in 2011 to match the 162 police officers killed in the line of duty in 2010, said Steve Groeninger, spokesman for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, the Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit that tracks police casualties. In January this year there have been 14 deaths, the same number as in January 2010, the fund posted on its web site.

The 2010 toll ended a two-year drop in fatalities and spiked 43 percent over the 117 killed in 2009, Groeninger said.
Story: Suspect dead after 2 cops killed, marshal wounded in Fla. home

Law enforcement advocates worry that cuts in police budgets could exacerbate the danger.

"We don't have any data, but there seems to be a type of criminal out there looking to thwart authority," he said.

He cited the example of Jared Loughner, accused of killing six and wounding 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, on Jan. 8 in Tucson, Ariz. "People with this mentality feel the need to eliminate those in position of authority," he said.

Roberts said the recent shootings are reminders that officers must constantly stay on alert.

"The bad guys are not afraid of cops," Roberts said. "They’re rarely rational. You get that combination, when you ID yourself as a cop, it does not scare them away; it makes it more dangerous for you."

Noting the Oregon and Indiana shootings occurred during so-called "routine traffic stops," Roberts said, "The word routine should be eliminated from the job. There's no such thing. There is only 'known risk' and 'unknown risk' " he said.

Roberts, a former North Beach, Md., police officer, and Groeninger both voiced worries over police budget cuts.

Reducing police response times and cutting back on in-service training can endanger not just citizens but cops on patrol, they said.

"It's not a good situation out there," Groeninger said.

Here is the status of the police shooting investigations on Monday:

* Indianapolis police say they arrested Thomas Hardy in the shooting of Officer David Moore, who was shot in the face and body and remained in a coma.
* A manhunt continued in the Oregon beach town of Waldport for a gunman who shot officer Steven Dodds, 45, a six-year veteran of the Lincoln City Police Department. Police were looking for the owner of a 1984 Dodge truck that fled the shooting scene.
* In Detroit, four officers shot inside their precinct were recovering, police said. Investigators said Lamar Moore, 38, of Detroit entered the 6th Precinct on the city's northwest side about 4:30 p.m. Sunday and shot Cmdr. Brian Davis, Officer David Anderson; Sgt. Ray Saati; and Sgt. Carrie Schulz. Officers returned fire and killed Moore, who was scheduled to be sentenced Monday for his role in a double homicide, they said.
* One of two deputies wounded in Port Orchard, Wash., was released from the hospital while another remained in satisfactory condition after being wounded Sunday in a gunfight. A suspect and a female victim who came running to his aid were killed. Police were investigating how the female victim was shot. The gunman was identified as Anthony A. Martinez, 31, of Salt Lake City. The Deseret News said police had issued an endangered persons advisory for a 13-year-old runaway believed to be traveling with Martinez.
* In St. Petersburg, Fla., a suspected gunman was found dead after two police officers were shot to death and a U.S. marshal was injured as they tried to make an arrest. Suncoast Benevolent Association President Mark Marland identified the fallen officers as Tom Baitinger and Jeffrey Yaslowitz.
* In Miami, thousands of law enforcement officers gathered at a funeral service in American Airlines Arena to honor Roger Castillo, 41, Amanda Haworth, 44, who were killed on Thursday while serving a warrant on a suspected killer. The suspect, 22-year-old Johnny Simms, was killed by another officer.

PLEASE USE CAUTION.... DO NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN.... PLEASE BE CAREFUL ! ..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post subject: Re: Police fear 'war on cops' At least 11 shot in 24 hours!!
 Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 07:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
In 2009, the most recent year for which national statistics are available, the FBI reported 48 law enforcement officers were "feloniously killed" -- marking a significant jump from the previous year, when 41 died by malicious means.
Over the years, the numbers have fluctuated. Still, over time, they do tell a story.
For instance, in the last three years of the 1980s, 74, 78 and 66 law enforcement officers were killed -- compared to 58, 41 and 48 killed annually over the tail end of the 2000s, the most recent decade. Taking the average of those two three-year subsets equates to a roughly 48% decrease in the past 20 years. CNN Justice http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/25/pol ... index.html

Quote:
Already this year, 10 police officers have been killed in the line of duty, after an especially deadly year for law enforcement. In 2010, 61 federal, state and local officers were killed by gunfire, a 24 percent increase from 2009, when 49 were killed in the line of duty, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, a nonprofit group.
http://policelink.monster.com/news/arti ... ainst-cops

Not disputing the # s in the article from MSnbc (they are known to "fudge" the news abit and try to stir the Public at large), but, I would think they are most likely reporting ALL (to include auto accidents and results of accidents while on duty) deaths of Officers while on duty.
Deaths due to "murder" or as put in this article from CNN "deaths by malicious means" show a much different number. (I have also attached a link to PoliiceLink Article which also shows different numbers. )

Jeff, You are so very correct we, all, must be careful. I don't however think that it has anything to do with seeing a badge or specific clothing . . . . I think that it has more to do with not wanting to go to Jail. Even the most mousey person can turn in a heart beat :( One must always always exercise caution.

There is not a day that goes by that I do not tell my LE friends to "Be Safe" and rare the day that I miss a hug from one of them.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 11:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I would say, that as time goes on, more and more "thugs" just don't care about human life, not just LEOs.

In the SF Bay Area, we have had a dozen shooting victims since Saturday. None were LEOs.

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 12:56 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Having a CCW for over 25 years and as a bondsman for the past 10... I rarely actually carried... may have had it in the car and certainly close at hand at home or office but just never had it on me...

...well, as mentioned in other posts, I now carry ALL THE TIME, Gail is a bit nervous about it but understands and my take is very, very simple... I would not want to be lying on the floor in a Walmart or other public place... bleeding out and thinking as my life drains... "ghee, here I lay dying, having had a CCW for 25 years and not carrying... if only I had carried my weapon, I may have had a chance to protect myself and maybe my family..."

I may not be able to stop the threat, but you can rest assured, it won't be because I'm not armed and I will do my best to respond to it.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 13:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Quote:
Gail is a bit nervous

Gail hell, what about the lazy Boy?

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 15:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
Gail hell, what about the lazy Boy?

LOL ! No kidding if I was a chair in Bill's house I would be worried !

All kidding aside . . . I think that I shall *bump that thread that Hadley posted so very long ago :'(

and link it here

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1540&p=56477#p56477

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Tue 25 Jan 2011 18:38 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Gail just wanted to refurbish "my" den... this just gave her an excuse... :oops: :oops: I knew I should not have told that story... I will never live it down......................... :shock: :shock: and to top it off... my grandson saw the hole in the door... I was sitting at the table cleaning my little SP101 and he said absolutely nothing... just looked at me and smiled and pointed to the hole... I said nothing... just put my finger to my mouth... :roll: :roll: :roll:

They are researching nursing homes at this very moment..... 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 26 Jan 2011 20:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Bill,
I will put an addition on the double wide and you will be safe here.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 29 Jan 2011 19:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Second Oakland PD fatal shooting in 3 days. In my opinion, very justified. But listen to the first male neighbor comments.

What an idiot! He is probably a Berkeley refugee.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=7927584

Post Posted: Sat 29 Jan 2011 19:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hmmm . . . I wonder if this 'neighbor" realizes that ones' knee was not holding the weapon ? I agree Tony . . . could be the area the guy hails from :wink:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion