100% Capture Rate • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: 100% Capture Rate
 Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 19:11 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1611
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I just wanna put this out there.

I have over the years seen people on TV, (Leonard Padilla) (Dwayne Chapman) and others even some on this board say and I quote, "I have a 100% capture rate". I just want to go on record and call you out, you are either a liar or you have only worked a handful of cases. As Bounty Hunters, we are not Bondsmen, we get cases that are months or sometimes years old. The Bondsman comes to us when they have exhausted all resources. It is impossible to catch everyone. Right? Or am I just crazy? We are not old timers compared to some in the business but we are good at what we do and we are holding about a 75% ratio over 7 years which I think is good or at the very least decent.

Is there anyone who would honestly share what your numbers are estimated at? I guess I am looking for some sort of validation, I am really starting to wonder if we suck or if we are about average. Is there realy anyone out there with a 100% Capture Ratio? Are there any Bondsmen who have never had to pay a DA the full bond amount?

Thanks
Charlie Deckert

Sentry Security & Investigations L.P. - Vice President
Curently Licensed in Texas as;
Private Investigator TXLC A16879
Level III Commissioned Security Officer TXLC C11454
Level IV Personal Protection Officer TXLC C11454
Texas Issued Concealed Handgun License

Post subject: Re: 100% Capture Rate
 Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 19:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
I am 50% on skips I chase myself or with help from others. And yes, I have paid off several summaries!

I have paid off 5 bonds in 11 years. We had a total of 10 runners in those 11 years.

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 19:37 

Not exactly sure of exact percentages, but of course we've lost skips before. I'd have a hard time believing someone saying they have captured 100% of their skips unless they've captured 1, maybe 2. Nobody's perfect, and there are times when you could receive a case and later that day the skip gets picked up during a T-stop after a warrant check. Doesn't make you a bad recovery agent, these things happen.

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 19:57 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I believe you are right about people claiming to have "100%" success rate unless of course it is as you said "they only had a handful of cases" I for one have roughly a 90% success rate.Of course I have only been doing this for a little over 3 years now and probably havent had nearly the amount of recoveries that these 100%ers are claiming.I am not nor do I claim to be some sort of super agent but I will say that I do not stop searching for someone untill I either find them or the bondsman pulls me off the case.I work on every case pretty much 24/7 with little sleep and remain focused on my goal.That being said...I am not ignorant enough to believe that I will capture EVERY defendant but I do know that it wont be for lack of trying.It is my full intention to bring my percentages up to 100%, of course that will be with the help of networking which I think the percentages will be slightly off if someone else brings me the defendant due to having to share said percentage!! :lol:

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 21:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Hmmmmm . . . I am a Lic Professional Bail Bondsman (person ;)) and here in AR the only ones that can "hunt" are Lic BBA, AR Lic PI or LE . . . . My recovery rate is 100 %
I assure you, If I am seeking someone . . . I DO secure their tails.

Gonna pat myself on the back here . . . my FTA rate is 1/100th of a % (that is per the owner of the company I work for) My physical recovery rate of same is 99.9%, I will pay the 1/10th % as it would cost more for the recovery that the money I pay out.
However, please be advised, I will take steps that will cause you to go to Jail. I do not like being jacked.
Sooooo . . . back to my 100 % . . . . If I leave my house to come get you . . . your AZZ is going to Jail. If I am hunting for someone else, I will get the party that is required . . . I am not afraid to ask for help from my Brothers and Sister here @ the FRN . . . WE are quite the Crew when necessary ;) I can honestly say . . . WE are Networking at its' finest!

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 21:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Charlie, I would not lump Leonard Padilla in the same "class" as the woof 8)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 21:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
There are other factors to consider: How long does your bondsman have, not for summary judgement, but for full remiterature after apprehension? In MD, we have 10 years. I have paid probably less then 10 bonds, and given the ten years, consider them interest free loans to the state. I have been in Bail Enforcement since the late 80's/early 90's and writing surety bail since 1999 and property bail since 2005. When I got into this business as a bondsman, I was told by a sage old mentor that if I lasted 5 years, I would make it. With more than 2 x that behind me, we are doing ok. I have captured in excess of 4000 people in 34 states, and more than that with guys that work for me. Those that have been to my office can attest to the pictures on the wall, and that is but a sample. Our collective capture rate is in the mid 90 percentile, very few have gotten away. There have been those that jumped and family immediately paid me in full, which means don't look for them, so I don't. Since I have been made whole, there is no additional interest on my part. Should they get apprehended for additional crimes in the next ten years, I have a refund coming. I have 2 that are still in the 10 year window, 1 believed to be in NY and the other is in the wind, all bogus ID's etc. $25,000 combined and already paid in full to the courts. If we can find them, I will buy more property to write bonds against.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Mon 24 Jan 2011 09:43 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Well, in my tenure as a licensed Virginia bondsman, I have paid somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 forfeitures since 1999... I have had dozens of skips and most I have found myself... I have gotten out of paying several forfeitures due to the professional efforts of some very helpful friends of mine... one in particular... if I may drop a name... Scott MacLean, to whom I owe much in not only money but praise... (yes, I did actually pay him, but not enough I fear, he is worth far more... ) you all may not realize how professional he and others on here actually are... I am just a funny old guy in the boonies but he and some others on here absolutely get the job done.

As to my capture rate and payments made... well, I can only think of 2 that I have never caught... the first bond I ever wrote was a little $500 something or other in Greensville county... on an illegal alien that I should not, obviously, have written, but at that time... what did I know... as soon as I bonded him... and I had like 5 family members sign for him... he got in his van with his family and went directly to Juarez, Mexico... never to be seen again... 6 months later, I paid the bond and Gail says to me... "so how long you think you can stay in this business...?" :oops:

Number two was a guy that did some jack leg carpentry work in my garage.... plumbing and woodwork and frankly he did a pretty good job... I bonded him on a $1500 habitual offender DWI charge... he packed up and went to Houston, Texas and although I had a lot of info on him... everyone I talked to at the time wanted an arm and a leg to find him and since I could not legally go after him at the time... I just ended up paying the damn $1500... he is still at large as is the little Mexican fellow.

I have paid several others that have been located and locked back up and for which I got my money back on the forfeiture, so I really can't count them since they turned out ok...

In 10+ years, I have only lost those two, out of maybe 50 or so overall that have skipped and 5 or 6 that have actually forfeited but whom I picked up eventually. I don't know what that ratio is but it's pretty good I suppose. I try very hard to be professional in my business and although I admit to being quite the 'clown'... it is just my demeanor.

But of course, I am not BEA... only a bondsman that does my own pickups, most of the time. I don't particularly like losing money since I have very little, so I work hard to keep it close... and I have to say, the networking on FRN is great.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 24 Jan 2011 11:17 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1611
Experience: 7 - 10 years
LuVonda wrote:
Charlie, I would not lump Leonard Padilla in the same "class" as the woof

Yea you are probably right, he just hits that one nerve with me a bit, I know you have be a little arrogant to be in the business, but really, he takes the cake in my opinion. I like Rob more and think he lives somewhere closer to reality than Leonard and probably a factor in why they split up. I guess the difference is as I like to say is "I'd rather be rich than famous". I like how Bob Burton operates, he is well known but only in the business and generally well respected by those that matter. So the main issue I think is, there are those who try to create a brand and sell the brand and those who sell the service as a service.

I think if your primary business is a Bondsman and you are doing your own recoveries you will have a much higher rate of recovery simply because you are working fewer cases. I think maybe because the info you have is fresh and you have intimate knowledge of your defendant. Being that we have many cases open at the same time and do work from dozens of bondsmen from all over the country and the fact that most of our cases have been worked to death already we are bound to have a lower ratio. The pattern we see is the sooner we get the case the greater the chance we have of capturing I know this obviously makes sense but here in Texas the trend is that Bondsman will wait as long as possible, which I don’t think is all together bad but I think it is a factor that is relative to getting someone back in jail, especially if they are running and hiding.

Hey thanks to everyone for the conversation it does shed some light on the topic for me. I do appreciate it.

Sentry Security & Investigations L.P. - Vice President
Curently Licensed in Texas as;
Private Investigator TXLC A16879
Level III Commissioned Security Officer TXLC C11454
Level IV Personal Protection Officer TXLC C11454
Texas Issued Concealed Handgun License

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion