Boston Globe defends Bounty Hunting • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Boston Globe defends Bounty Hunting
 Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 21:37 

Here's one I stumbled across this evening, it's about a week old, but still:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas ... _of_b.html

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't call it "tawdry" or "odorous", I personally clean up pretty well! :shock:

But seriously, I try to find positive and semi-positive commentary on the industry as much as I can. I find it challenging retraining folks' thoughts away from the media fun of "Dog" and TV shows, and more on the reality of it all. We've talked about this ad-nauseum in other posts, I know. Unfortunately, I didn't think this article was all that positive. It explained some facts, but then kept mentioning reasons to dislike the industry, agreeing to the term "tawdry"...

A Supreme Court justice says it's "odorous"? Really? He's upholding the law of the land, which clearly affords someone these rights (even though 4 states are pretrial services, they still get out) and then he calls it odorous? When the police in IL, WI, KY and OR have to find these pretrial skips while doing their normal job AND mixing in FTA and other warrants are they called odorous? Is it just me taking it personally? (I tend to do that)

Oh, and don't click on the link more than 3 times or it'll make you clear your cookies...I mean, register. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Boston Globe defends Bounty Hunting
 Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 22:27 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
1908-1999
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry A. Blackmun ’32 died March 4 at age 90. Appointed to the Court in 1970 by President Nixon, he retired in 1994 after a 24-year career on the Court marked by a movement from moderate conservatism to outspoken liberalism. A 1932 graduate of HLS, Justice Blackmun returned to the School on many occasions, for the Centennial Celebration, to receive the HLSA Award, to deliver the Class Day speech, and to speak to students at HLS’s Saturday School.

I am betting by the time this article was written this was a mighty "odorous" Robe :shock:

Back in his time that was most likely a term used to mean a "seedy character" :mrgreen:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 23:03 

Ha! See? Told you I get carried away! :lol: New article but OLD judge...what I get for letting my frustration take control...

Still get the impression this article was not as favorable as it led on to be. Probably just me though. It's late, & I'm cranky.

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 08:24 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
it'll make you clear your cookies
I guess I better not comment on that other than to say.... dog gone it... my cookies get cleared almost every day....

... BTW... I sure did like the videos on that link....

and thanks for posting that article... I found it............ interesting... and it's early and I'm cranky... 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 12:45 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2792
Experience: 3 - 5 years
REALLY Bill ????, You ........get cranky.........NOOOooooooooo, not you, HAHAHAhahahaha,LOL But yer such a fun lovin guy

CELL 724-664-5669
fax# 724-545-1459
IN THE HORIZON OR AROUND THE CORNER WE ARE THE TRAILS-END

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage