Is this dumb or what??? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Is this dumb or what???
 Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 09:59 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
My daughter ran a credit card last nite and was scheduled to get the defendant out this morning... (he had no transportation and could not get his auto released from the towing company till today)... well, she headed for the jail and on the way called ahead to alert the magistrate... and guess what...

The defendant had already been bonded... with no money paid and no indemnitor... dddduuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh.... the other bonding company had just gone in and posted the bond.... with nothing....

Well, here is the deal. Several weeks ago, I posted a really nice picture of two bonding companies that are moving into one of my jurisdictions (you can check back and see their signs :oops: )... no big deal, right... competition is fine on a level playing field... well... these two companies are the same organization.

This company first of all... got an inmate to start telling the others incarcerated with him... that "if you want to get out with nothing... call this company!!" so they do from time to time... the company mentioned, also got into the magistrates office and wrote in the phone book .... put their name at the bottom of the page (since they are not listed officially)... that has since been removed... and now this company is being watch closely by LE... which is a good thing...

So this company, which I have found out is a surety... (wonder what the surety thinks of these folks posting with no money and no indemnitor??)

They get a call, go to the jail and post the bond... no money and no indemnitor and when the defendant gets out... they go after the money and someone to sign at that point... no idea what the end result is but I am sure it is colorful.

Now my daughter had gotten full collateral plus her fee on the bond... so she called the indemnitor/credit card payor and told them what had happened and would gladly refund their money... less a fee for our trouble... (which was $100 plus cost of running the card... about 3.5% because we just ain't gonna eat that...) they said that was fine and sorry for the mixup...

I will sit back and see where this goes, but I tend to think this will not last long... I don't really know if this is against any particular code or laws in Virginia.. but I bet the surety is gonna be interested in knowing that this agent are agents are writing for 0 with no indemnitors....

Damn... don't ya just love stupid people... although maybe I am the one that is stupid... maybe I need to start doing this.... :shock: 8) :?: I bet I could write a lot more bonds but I would find it somewhat difficult to live on 0 income... that would be a trick. :oops: :oops:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post subject: Re: Is this dumb or what???
 Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 12:47 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
LOL, the botox babe is gonna look alot different when she has no money for refills!

Good business will last, bad business will peak and crash...

Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 19:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
This happens in MD all of the time. The deal is to lock the bond up and negotiate payment
Under the threat of premature surrender. I am aware of a case where one bondsman pulled this stunt and sued the bondsman that had the fee and completed indemnity agreement.
The judge ruled that one was legitimately hired and executed and the other could not prove any form of contractual agreement or proof of said agreement by way of payment. When the
Legally hired bondsman attempted to post the bond, and was made aware that the subject
Had already been released, he called the indemnitor and informed her not to pay the other
Bondsman and don't respond to his threats. The judge said that one bondsman earned his fee and the other earned all of the liability.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 19:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Just wait until they have a few bolt on them. they won't be around long. I wish every state would be like Indiana and make it a law to have full premium to get out as that would level the playing field and you wouldn't have to worry about trying to collect your money so you can pay your bills.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Sat 22 Jan 2011 19:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
They pull that crap here in Miami too... we have a particular BB company that gets the inmates info and then bonds them out.. they then wait for them to exit the jail and "hold them until they get payment" or they threaten them with being put back into jail if they dont get their payment..

I hope the state cracks down on these companies in Miami ... real shady stuff they pull.. I wont get into it here on an open forum but KARMA is a Biatch..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 06:26 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 330
Experience: < 1 year
I had no idea that was legal in other states. That must make it hard for legitimate companies to make it.

Recovery Agent (IN) License #330
Cell -317-281-0760

Post Posted: Sun 23 Jan 2011 08:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
follow up:

There was a co-defendant in this case... the defendant that was bonded had someone in the car with him when he was stopped and charged. The co-defendant took the main charge and is held with no bond.

The defendant that bonded is from another state... he was driving the car... the co-defendant was a hitchhiker and was only along for the ride but took the full charge while the first walked with a bond.

After the 1st defendant bonded out... the second, who was still in jail under no bond... began to "sing"... he informed the jail and magistrate that he was only a hitchhiker and the other fellow had all the drugs, it was his car and the second fellow did not know the drugs were in the car... he said he was only along for the ride... whether this is true or not is a moot point... but the second fellow told the jailers that the guy that bonded was gone, gone, gone and would not be back for court... he was out of state and was only under a $1000 bond and would never be seen again. The charge is a misdemeanor and therefore no extradition will appear... LE could care less... hello bonding company... bye, bye bond. :P I hope this happens about twice a week for the next couple of months...

Ghee, that would really be terrible for the bonding company.......................... I cannot wait for this FTA to appear... I want to be in court when that one goes down...........

:shock: 8) :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion