truTV's "All Worked Up" • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: truTV's "All Worked Up"
 Post Posted: Fri 07 Jan 2011 18:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Bill . . . Now how did you know that at that point I was smiling ? whew We! those shorts got me Darlin'!

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 07 Jan 2011 21:00 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2792
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Thats ok Luvonda Just readin what wisecracks Bill says and then he mentions your name I chuckle :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CELL 724-664-5669
fax# 724-545-1459
IN THE HORIZON OR AROUND THE CORNER WE ARE THE TRAILS-END

Post Posted: Fri 07 Jan 2011 21:22 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Rex was working on something last year, will have to check and see where that is at.
Rob Dick and Leonard Padilla did a couple of segments for Discovery Channel (got complimentary copies ;-))
and I know that Rod (aka MediaRod) was working "Bail Chix", which our Rhonda Barnett was going to be a part of.
Even Eric K. was part of an HBO thingy ~ for the life of me cannot remember what that series was called.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Fri 07 Jan 2011 21:27 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Tom, I appreciate your flowers... however... let me say this... seriously in this post!!

I have been in this business for a little over 10 years... I can honestly say that on the occasions that I had to "go after" someone... and there have been a few, as we all know... and I can honestly say that never once would I consider the action involved to be TV material...

I just don't do anything that is that exciting... I mean even when I hit a house... I just knock on the door... and say... "Pizza Hut!"... that gets the door open for real... then I say I have a pizza for..... "name the skip".... and if he is there... they go get him and when he reaches for the money... I reach for him..................... and you all think I am kidding... I have used this approach a number of times... it just isn't that exciting... and the funny thing is... when they are in the car and in cuffs............ a lot of them ask me................ "so, where is the pizza?" :lol: :lol: 8)

In this business, ya gotta use a little constructive imagination... and I seem to have a lot of that.............

If the skip is a real 'bad azz'... male or female... I just call my buddies.... the "Seals" in Richmond or Scott or one of the other guys or gals I have called from time to time... ... yep... or someone that is much more qualified than I....

That is why I certainly would not even consider putting any of my stuff on TV... it might however, be a good commercial for "No Doz".... or other sleep commercials, cause it certainly would put you to sleep.

BTW... I just love pulling LuVonda's chain... she drags it behind her all the time and it is extremely long..... :shock: :mrgreen: yes dearie... it is... 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 07 Jan 2011 21:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

My "chain" is long? gonna work on that Bill 8)

Post Posted: Fri 07 Jan 2011 22:38 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Nutz!! I caught this one to late :cry:
Bill,if you are refering to me being the "stick in the mud in TN." than I will have to respond with a resounding :P on the other hand I believe you may be speaking of mr. Stiles and if so I will take back my :P !! lol
LuVonda,thank you for correcting mr.Huff on the bounty boy idea!! lol I was once a supporter of thier ways but upon further examination realised they were just another bunch of cowboys.
As for this topic...I have absolutely no interest in a show of this caliber.Sno wrote it well and my interpretation of that is that when the show gets to boring(which it will) the producers will start adding filler to try and keep ratings up.That filler will in turn make this industry look very bad.I would not trust the producers to shine a possitive light on us,unless of course there was a contract written in stone.Either way,the show is based on "real life situations" but entertainment is the main objective.One of you seasoned vets need to follow yourseves around with a camera and make a documentary instead and put it on utube to show the world the true nature of this business!! :lol:

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Sat 08 Jan 2011 06:58 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
<<>>refering to me being the "stick in the mud in TN." than I will have to respond with a resounding :P on the other hand I believe you may be speaking of mr. Stiles<<>>

Well, I will only say........... it ain't you Jay.... 8) as for Mr. Stiles... I haven't seen him on here in a while... the only correspondence I have ever had with him was when he chewed on me a little bit when I told him he was.... "wrapped a bit too tight..." I think he probably views me as a clown... and that is ok too... I know he is one of the 'big boys' in this industry and I would never 'seriously' call him anything but professional but I enjoy pulling chains... and I think I also told him "his chain was way too long.."

Well, labels are free and can be placed on anyone by anyone... my label varies from week to week... and it never bothers me what anyone says about me... we are what we are and I'm way too old to worry about the small stuff...

There is a saying... "Don't sweat the small stuff... and it's all small stuff"... and one more thing....

People in all businesses and walks of life tend to think they are the epitome of their trade, whatever it may be... our industry is no exception... I look at this endeavor as............ "only a job", regardless of how important you think you are, just reduce it to it's smallest denominator and you end up with... for better or worse... "it is only a job"...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 08 Jan 2011 10:53 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Bill,

I agree its only a job. But if you enjoy it and can have fun doing it, then it can be your passion. And then, you want to protect it from those that degrade it.

I enjoy it because of the people I get to meet. As interesting as the FRN group is, my clients provide me with great comic relief for the stupid things they do and remind me to have comapssion for the innocent ones and their families that get caught up in a bad situation.

There are so many interesting people, at least they are to me, from all over the world I had the "privledge" to bail or bail their family member.

Last night, actually this morning, I talked for 2 hours with the girlfriend of a guy I was bailing while sitting in the lobby of the jail. She was telling me about how bad it is in Mexico where her family lives, because of the drug cartel. Yet, when she visits every year, she doesn't think about the drug wars going on just down the street from her parents house.

To most people it would have been a boring conversation but, I learned so much from her.

Anyway, I would never have met so many people from different cultures and it seems like from different worlds, if not for this job.

Aint America great!!!

Post Posted: Sat 08 Jan 2011 12:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Tony,
You may have enjoyed the conversation but all the time you were mapping out where you my have to go if your client FTA's :idea: :idea: :twisted: :twisted:

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Sat 08 Jan 2011 12:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Mr. Stiles was up here a couple of weeks ago he is very much around just busy.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage