Another Chapman With a Big Mouth • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Another Chapman With a Big Mouth
 Post Posted: Fri 31 Dec 2010 17:42 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
"dog" may be a a good guy and all (besides the racist comments and ignorance from him and his wife)but he just doesnt realise or care how his show personifies this industry.That is my biggest problem with the man.As for him making money? hey more power to him,I only wish it wasnt at the expense of this industries integrity.I did not finish watching his road show but i did see the part that sno was talking about and I am glad someone else noticed what I did.
Using your name to help people is extremely noble but it makes me wonder,would they have done that if there wasnt cameras following them? I will not knock a man for being genuinely honest but if it is all for ratings and money than there is something wrong with the man.As for PBUS,I cant blame them for using the doggie family.They are going to mooch off that name as long as they can because it brings in the new comers that dont know any better.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Fri 31 Dec 2010 18:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
It may be one of our members tag line here or I heard it somewhere else, but it is what you do when no one is watching that is your true character.

I like many others here have given money, items or time to worthy causes without expecting something in return or as a way of self promotion. We have consueled our bail clients and even the skips once we have them back in custody.

I would bet that each and everyone of you did that out of sincere concern and compassion for them.

It is my opinion that doggie and crew ONLY do things for self promotion.

Post Posted: Fri 31 Dec 2010 19:48 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
It may be one of our members tag line here or I heard it somewhere else, but it is what you do when no one is watching that is your true character.

Ok... let me blow my own horn... I got a kid out of jail a few months ago...
$5000... his daughter was in the hospital fighting cancer... the perps mother was working two jobs, one in a convenience store where I saw her daily... and she was driving to Richmond daily visiting the kid... she always was nice to me and never ask me for a favor but she knew I could get him out but did not have any money... I thought about it a couple of days... mentioned it to Gail... without telling anyone, I went to "Riverside" and bonded him and took him home to his moms... never collected a dime... and even got the kid a couple of little coloring books... I never ask for a dime from anyone and the kid is still sick but still fighting... his court case finalized in November... he made all appearances... and you should have seen the look on his mothers face when I dropped him at his home... it was well worth the $500 bucks it cost me... so, it cost me a little but I sure did feel good inside...

I would bet that most of us have done this sort of thing and never talk about it... I know damn well, Tony and Scott have and I bet there are a bunch of you that have.... truth be known....

... now Tony... don't you dare call me an old softee or I'll come to CA and hit you with my purse... :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 01 Jan 2011 17:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Would a marshmellow be ok? I sure wouldn't want to get hit by that purse you carry. You pack too much "iron."! :wink:

Post Posted: Sun 02 Jan 2011 14:25 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
im back had a very busy year. i dont get why some of you put this man down he started rock bottom and worked his way up to where he os today that i call success. bottom line it sounds like a bunch of jealous wanbes

Post Posted: Sun 02 Jan 2011 14:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
No jealous wannabes here, the issue is that long before you ever knew anything about this industry, it was considered a closed field. You did not get into this industry unless you knew someone. Everything was professional and kept quiet. We did not want people knowing what we did or how we did it. Now it is on television and people on the outside looking in are under the impression that we all act this way, and that is the issue. I can't speak for you, as I have never heard of you or your accomplishments. This industry has suffered financially and I believe there is a very direct correlation to the current level of visibility. If you in fact work in this industry, you too, have been affected. If not, you would not have realized any significant change in business volume and possibly why you responded the way you did.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 02 Jan 2011 15:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Of all the people in the world that I would like to be like, he and his group is no where near the professional example I would try to imitate, "sucessful" or not.

Post Posted: Sun 02 Jan 2011 16:58 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Let me say this one more time... he is an entertainer... he is viewed by the rank and file in law enforcement as a clown, a joke... there are many "actors" in Hollywood that are successful and make tons of money but his success is not, as mentioned, the issue... when I am working a case and someone says to me... with a chuckle and a smile... "oh, you are like 'Dog'"... that does not make me wish I was like him... you are missing the point... I would think with over 10 years in this business, as your signature says... you would certainly understand what the point is here... and I think maybe you are missing it.

There are many very professional people in this industry and as far as I can tell, there are not too many that think Mr. Dog is anything more than an entertainer... successful or not. Even I sometimes watch his show... but then I also have had occasion to watch Captain Kangaroo and Rocky J. Squirrel also... and I always liked Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale but I never particularly wanted to be like them... although they were really good spies... didn't you think?? 8) 8)

... a jealous wanabee.... nahhh, not really... although I have always wanted to be like Robert De Niro... 8) I thought Midnight Run was pretty good..............................

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 02 Jan 2011 17:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
And I like watching Professional Wrestling (Wrasslin, for us country folk) but I have never thought it to be anything but entertaining.....and I am not a jealous wanabee over them either. Those guys can't hardly walk after about ten years. Its as bad as any "real" athletic competition. But....On second thought, I guess it is real in many ways.....you can't "fake" gravity. You don't even have to believe in gravity; All you have to do is walk off a tall building and you will find out that it is true and real.

Bill, as a spy, I think I would be more of a "Get Smart" type. I even have a couple of ideas who my beautiful, "helpful", sidekick would be (Jolie, Love Hewett, Berry, a certain female archer, and a few others). So long as they kept me out of trouble (that I would surely get into)....what would I care :wink: And what a great cover.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Sun 02 Jan 2011 17:55 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
For one thing jealousy is definately not the issue here,the doggie family has left a nasty impression on our industry.If he didnt place his exploits on television for the world to see than we wouldnt be looked at as a negative impact on our communities.I personally am tired of having to explain to every person I come into contact with while in the process of doing my job that "dogs" methods are not the way that recovery work is really done.His show is a cancer on our industry and only serves to make the publics as well as law enforcements view of us worse.

As for "wanna be"...Yes I would like nothing more than to only be able to work in 2 states and not be able to own a firearm.Also I would love it if every defendant I was sent to recover knew exactly what I looked like so they could easily identify me before I even knocked on the door!!(sarcasm intended!!) Yeah I am a wanna be alright,I wanna be as far away from "dog" as possible!! Luckily he cant work in my state or states surrounding me for that matter.He may have started at rock bottom but he also put himself there,There is no need to bring down the rest of the industry along with him.For a slightly more possitive outlook on "dog" from me,please refer to my previous post in this topic.Please read the posts in full before you make a comment blue,most of us are all for the man making money our negative outlook on the man is mainly due to the fact that he sheds to much of a bad example in the public eye.

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage