Another Chapman With a Big Mouth • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Another Chapman With a Big Mouth
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Dec 2010 06:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Experience: More than 10 years
Jayc4929 wrote:
And is it also true that "dog" can only recover fugitives in colorado and Hawaii? maybe I am being ignorant as well and I am sure someone will correct me,please do.

You are correct ... I was told Hawaii and Colorado are 2 States that only allow Convicted Felons to be Bounty Hunters..(someone correct me if I am wrong?)....

I also believe most, if not all of the Chapmans are convicted Felons, and therefore can not carry firearms in these two States either, that is why they carry only mace & paintball guns with tear gas pellets and sometimes you see a couple of them with a Taser?..

I also heard that Dog & Beth do not own this Bail Bond business and that the Bail Bond Business is owned by a family member of Beth. (someone correct me if I am wrong?)

I had to run to post a Bond around 8pm last night and while driving remembered that this Jerry Springer Bail Bond show was on tonight for its 2 hour special book tour (Pathetic) after I got back home from the jail and switched on the TV to watch Full Throttle Saloon on TruTV and watch them Flaunt Girls Dance on Stage :mrgreen: , I switched over during a commercial to watch a small clip of Dog's show and then my cell phone rang again and had to post a second bond for another defendant..I cant say I was sad that I missed the Jerry Springer / Dog the Bounty Hunter show one bit..once back home after bond # 2 .. I watched the rest of Full Throttle Saloon Flaunt girls shake their bootys!

Let Dog and his crew come to Florida / Miami and look for a fugitive, where you could get shot so easily (which just happened 12.27.10 to a bail bondsman in FL) .. their show only depicts the easy drop in your lap pick ups .. all condensed to a 30 minutes show.. I dont know why A&E did not air the episode of where Dog was shot at in Colorado by an oriental guy they were hunting and almost killed Dog..(Here is the news clip to that = http://www.zimbio.com/Duane+Chapman/art ... nty+Hunter) now this would of been an exciting show to watch.. wonder if Dog's leather vest wouldve stopped that bullet with his bear chest?? I personally think this show is an embarrassment to Bail Bond Agents that run a professional business, it depicts nothing but Jerry Springer mentality..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Thu 30 Dec 2010 08:30 

Well they did show that episode on A&E but they never showed they getting shot at in the show so makes you wonder if it really did happen or is this just another stunt to boost ratings. I recorded that book signing episode and watch Full Throttle because lets face it at least that show is real!!!! But after it was over I watch 5 minutes of Dog and ended up deleting it because of how ridiculous the entire show was. I still do not understand how someone can break the law get arrested and do the same thing he is throwing people in jail for and lets not forget be a felon for murder and still get to the point he is and people love him. That show is nothing more then a soap opera and I really believe that most of his captures if not all are staged. This is just another example of Orange County Chopper. Dog got some money and now if you want him sign something you have to buy it first!! What a disgrace to the true industry professionals!!!!

Queston D Huff
Absolute Apprehension
(717)994-3132
24/7/365

Post Posted: Thu 30 Dec 2010 12:28 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
NYPD BLUE wrote:
Jayc4929 wrote:
And is it also true that...

Sound like everytime you watch their show you get a bail call...I'd keep watching if I was you,lol.

The Dog and family are a TV reality show. Most people know that it's staged(some of if anyway). They don't represent all bounty hunters.

I don't really care either way! Everyone likes a story of redemption. An ex felon who tries to change his ways. Sometimes old habits return and that comes in form of putting your foot in your mouth over and over again.

The guy is in the business of bringing in viewers and he's doing a great job.

Such a great job the the PBUS invites them to speak.

I'll save my money on membership...I'll work with my surety on staying involved on the politics side of bail. I'll keep an eye on sites like this to get the latest and greatest.

As far as Dog goes...get your money.

Bail Agent
Cell (626) 862-0627
Fax (877) 722-4593

Post Posted: Thu 30 Dec 2010 15:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Actually,

More people than not, believe that what they see on doggie show is how practically all bail bondsmen work. At least the recovery part. Even LEs and court staff, whom the vast majority haven't a clue how bail works, believe that we all operate like that.

I have talked with lawyers, LEs, clerks and everyday joes that do not understand what we do, how we do it and the liability we are responsible for. So, the only bail related experiences they see is movies or tv.

As far as the PBUS goes, last year was one of, if not the lowest attendance they ever had for the February conference. The last appearance of the dodgie group, was their highest attendance.

So, it is a money issue for them. I don't blame them for that. What I do not condone,is to make them out to be the premier bail agents or poster children for the entire bail industry.

Image is everything in this country and most of the world. They are the perfect example of the old, criminal turned greedy bondsmen stereotype that most of us have been trying to change for decades.

As far as being an ex felon changing his ways, then maybe he should have stayed in Mexico and put his faith in the justice system instead of running away. Otherwise, he is just doing what the people he is chasing did, skip out on bail.

Post Posted: Thu 30 Dec 2010 16:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Ok, folks. My wife has asked that I watch the "Dog Road Show" that she taped. I seem to have a problem with only one thing I have seen so far. I have said many times that I am not what you could call a "fan" of Dog but I am of the mind "To each, his own". For that reason, I do not fault Dog for what others allow him to do ("A person will attempt only those things they are allowed to get away with"; and you can quote me on that :) ) What I question is how, in Georgia, they speak to a young lady that was considering suicide. In this conversation, the girl says that she wants to be a bounty hunter. Beth says she knows a "guy" in Georgia that can help this girl get started in Bail Recovery. She asks the young lady "Are you, at least, 18?" The girl says yes. Beth, then, tells her "That is all you need. As long as you are 18, you can take the test for your license."......Uhhh, Wrong answer. In Georgia you must be 25, have a clean record, yadda yadda yadda, and there is no "test". Georgia is an 8 hour certification class. So why would you get a person's hopes up....someone that is already unstable......knowing that they will find out that you lied to them? That can not be good for this young lady. I mean, I get the whole "raising someone’s spirits" but wouldn't the fact that this girl is going to find out she has 7 more years to wait, going to be as bad, if not worse, than what she already has going on? Its like Beth is promising her a career and something to look forward to but will not be able to fulfill, due to Georgia's laws, for atleast 7 years. Poor girl.

So, Dog and family.....please, do your thing. It is working for you guys. Just be careful with what you say and do. Sometimes, silence may be a better policy than misspoken words. You must realize that you can't always help everyone. Trying could end up being worse than doing nothing.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Thu 30 Dec 2010 19:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I watched the tour show. They have a following of people with issues. It is not fair to make such a blanket statement, and I am sure it is not true of everybody there to get their book signed, but they has several families talking about this was the 4th, 5th or 6th book signing they had been to. You can't blame them for that, and they handled them to the best of their abilities. I believe that these people do not even listen to what Duane or Beth tell them, it is only that they did speak to them. If that evokes a positive out come, go ahead on. Tactics aside, he is promoting his book, and nothing more, pure entertainment. To the best of their abilities, I believe they are sincere, all idiosyncrasies aside :)

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 31 Dec 2010 06:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
After completing the show, I have to be impressed with the care The Chapmans showed. In particular, I liked how Dog visited a family (not planned, as part of the tour) that had adopted thier two drug adicted neices. Dog asked, "If you could have any wish, what would it be?". The lady of the house said that they needed more room so she would wish for a house. Dog went outside to visit with neighbors, asked who knew carpentry, and explained the situation. He asked that these neighbors put together a crew to add an addition onto the existing house and volunteered to foot the bill. Within 6 months the addition was built.

Taking into account that Duane mentions, at one point, (paraphrased) "The first 100 to 150 people that we see at these book signings, have problems. All they need is us to help and guide them. Everyone after that may just want our autograph....but those first few NEED us to tell them things will be better. Anyone that will stand in line for hours just to get in line to wait for hours, needs our guidance." I belive that The Chapmans are sincere and they do get things accomplished off of thier names alone. Had I step out into the street and given the same speech, for the same family, I don't believe the addition would have been built onto the families house. I don't have the name to get it done.

Congrats to The Chapman Family. If nothing else, they have marketed themselves towards success and wealth. I must admit, I would like to be able to get things done off name alone.....I personally don't want the publicity that must accompany it, but the benefits would be nice. I have developed a little more respect for this family after watching "The Mercy Tour". They do care, appearantly.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Fri 31 Dec 2010 07:50 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
No in-depth comment from me... Dog is an entertainer, has his entire family involved and that is about the size of it... the good that comes out of the show, which is always a matter of opinion... is fine... he does create a persona of our business that is, for the most part, fictional but fills the bill for the people... and there are plenty... that want to be attached to the business as they perceive it... and that is absolutely mostly fiction... the effect it has on the rank and file in our business can be either positive or negative... in some ways it is ok, in others not so... I personally see the negative side in my everyday workings... and when his name is brought up... it always invokes a smile... so that tells you how his business (and ours) is perceived by the general public... and the reputation from LE's side is tainted by the show... I think in a not so positive manner...

He does seem to be making a decent living running his circus act... more power to him... I just wish he had a show about being a convicted felon lawyer rather than a convicted felon bounty hunter/bondsman or whatever he is..... and as a side note... he says he loves Jesus and if He is in his corner... who are we to question him?

He may be a showman and he certainly has a few connections but I think his overall reputation within the industry is as a clown... and that's all I got to say about that.... added.... he does have some cool tattoos............. :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 31 Dec 2010 13:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Bill,

Ditto!

Post Posted: Fri 31 Dec 2010 16:31 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
speezack wrote:
No in-depth comment from me...

and as a side note... he says he loves Jesus and if He is in his corner... who are we to question him?

He may be a showman and he certainly has a few connections but I think his overall reputation within the industry is as a clown... and that's all I got to say about that.... added.... he does have some cool tattoos............. :shock:

As far as Jesus goes...

Your welcomed to come as you are...your just not supposed to stay there.

I'm still working on that one myself, so he get's no slack from me.

Bail Agent
Cell (626) 862-0627
Fax (877) 722-4593

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage