Over Zealous Bail Agent • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Over Zealous Bail Agent
 Post Posted: Wed 03 Nov 2010 18:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
http://www.theherald-nc.com/2010/11/03/ ... r-who.html

I could not find the original story. So, I just wanted to update it here.

Post subject: Re: Over Zealous Bail Agent
 Post Posted: Thu 04 Nov 2010 00:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Just another asshole with a gun permit and a weapon. She needs to be in the next cell to the man she was after. I could think of a hell of allot more charges than discharge of a firearm inside the city limits and it would surprise me if more charges are not filed against her. She should get a long time to communicate her position that takes the cake on a reason to discharge a firearm. People are really starting to scare the hell out of me.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Thu 04 Nov 2010 12:24 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
YIKES! She should NOT be carrying a weapon..

Post Posted: Fri 05 Nov 2010 12:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
The story does not sound good, but I will wait and see what happens in the court. As we all know just because a person is charged with a crime it does not mean that they will be convicted of that crime.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Sun 07 Nov 2010 08:56 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Here are a few responses to this thread... as usual, probably not terribly important....

Clorox pistols do not make noise.......... well, maybe just a shhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............ :shock:

... another way to get the perp to stop.... yell out... "HEY... WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH ALL THIS MONEY!!!" sometimes they will come to a dead stop, turn around and say............. "what money??"............ :mrgreen:

... it's called "IQTBS"... (Instant quick thinking bull sht) and it often works.

... also... a "triple i" or a "3 i response"... ("Instant and Immediate Improvisations").

... also... "HTSUA" pronounced.......... 'hot-shoo'.... (How To Save Your Azz) and it ain't Japanese.

... in other words ... when your brain works faster than your body and your options are fast running out... this has been my MOS since I turned ... uh... about 60... 8)

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 09 Nov 2010 10:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 7 - 10 years
HMMMMM shots fired to communicate position? LOL ever heard of radios cellphone or just plain MARCO ...............POLO

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Tue 09 Nov 2010 11:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
docmike wrote:
HMMMMM shots fired to communicate position? LOL ever heard of radios cellphone or just plain MARCO ...............POLO

Bird whistles or other animal calls have always worked well for me :lol: . Naw, seriously....Radios and cell phones for me. But then again......I have always been scared of getting into trouble. There are people on here that would hunt me down (and then there is the wife.....WOW. Thats enough to scare an addict straight; I love "The Hopey")

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Tue 16 Nov 2010 08:08 

I was at some friends house last week. I took my coat off and my gun was exposed. There were several mutual friends there. I was shocked at how much I was chastised. They thought it was funny that I carry a gun. I finally explained to them I carry for my protection, my families protection and anyone else around me should a violent felony be committed. Its not just my right, but my duty, the way I see it, to be able to protect those I love and myself anytime.

And Dave, I agree 100% with you. This world scares the shyt out of me. I wont go anywhere without protection. The level varies, but some sort of protection at all times.

Crazy people out there.

Post Posted: Wed 17 Nov 2010 05:21 
in memoriam

I have had a carry permit for many years. I always have a hand gun in my vehicle at all times but until recently have never carried on my person. Since becoming a bondsman, some 10 years or so ago... I have come to the realization that there are many good reasons to carry. I of course, carry when on an apprehension but that has been the extent to date.

My enlightenment came as follows.................

The other day, I was sitting in Walmart having a sandwich in the Subway and watching the people walk through the store. My thoughts wandered to several stories in the past of people going 'nuts' while in public and shooting up a store or a public place... I have been privy to at least one of those actions... ie: San Diego 20 or so years ago at the McDonalds... I posted a thread on it here a couple of months or so ago... anyway, the thought occurred to me... and this is my point...

... how unfortunate and totally uncalled for, would it be, if someone today went berserk and started shooting in the store where I sat enjoying a meal... while I............ with a legal carry permit.... sat idly by, without a weapon on me... in the possible position of being able to at least respond to the threat but not having the means... since I chose not to carry on that particular day. What a shame it would be for me or my family, to lie dying on the floor with those thoughts drifting through my mind.

I have since begun to carry.... and that was my motivation.... not to mention the fact that my family or friends may on occasion be with me when this could happen.

... and in today's society, without question... this is a very possible scenario.

A gun is like an umbrella... if it doesn't rain, you probably don't need it, but if it clouds up... you better have one handy... or your gonna get wet.

one other thought... people that expect the police or other authorities to protect them from harm is like calling the fire department after your house burns down... you better be prepared to take some form of precaution up front, then call for help.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 17 Nov 2010 06:10 
in memoriam

In response to this thread... I think the key word here is "training".

Having a carry permit is a privilege as well as a right. It is a privilege in our country, to carry if qualified... and that is a very broad word to apply here... qualified by training as well as other qualifications is paramount. I guess each state and in fact each locality has it's own laws pertaining to this right. Although the constitution gives us this right, it is implemented within each state and each locality and whoever is qualified through training and other applicable requirements, should have it.

This privilege is very similar to a driving permit in that if misused, you lose it. You train to drive, you train to carry, you train to shoot. Consequences of misuse in either area can lead to dire results as reflected in this thread.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage