Showing thier gun • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Showing thier gun
 Post Posted: Sat 09 Oct 2010 18:34 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Hi I’m new to this site and I was curious about the rules and laws under witch a bounty hunter has to follow. Can a bond agent enter a home and take a fugitive with guns drawn? Can they brandish their weapon? I live in Ohio

Post subject: Re: Showing thier gun
 Post Posted: Sat 09 Oct 2010 19:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
First, You need to master the bounty hunter's most effective weapon: spell check. Second, your approach is kinda' scary...like a kid that just wants to play with guns. I'll let the forum vets handle the rest.

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Sat 09 Oct 2010 20:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Groups:
Interests:

Vez,
The above is your profile
Please read the first three topics in "Introduction"
and then feel free to use the "search" function at the top right of the page.

A "vet" will not answer this question any other way.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 05:33 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I NEVER said that I wanted to become a bounty hunter or “play with guns” I was simply asking if anybody knew what the laws and guidelines were.. I just find it interesting that to become a BH all you have to do is send away for a $200 license and BAM,,,,,,, you have the authority to lick in doors and jam you’re gun into peoples faces… I just wanted to know if this was actually the fact… That’s all.

Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 05:47 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Vez
Please feel free to use the "search" button here.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 05:50 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Here's a quicky answer... I have been in this business a little over 10 years... I have never kicked (or 'licked'... your description! :mrgreen: ) in a door and never "jammed" a gun in someones face... and as for "sending away" for a license... I think you will find that it is a bit more complicated than that... lack of information and the inability to seek that information ones self is one reason that there is so much BS out there relating to this industry... people read short stories and news clips and hearsay info that floats around the net and think they have a handle on our business... I hate to mention this but the TV shows that spout supposed action stories about us are frankly a joke and yet it seems to prevail as the source of most info...

If you truly want the facts... use the search link on this site and research yourself... you will come out way more informed if you do it yourself rather than ask flighty questions that most professionals on here would not take the time to answer... just my opinion of course...

... and BTW........... every state is different as to qualifications, some have none and others have many regulations... as I said, search.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 08:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Experience: 7 - 10 years
I will only add one thing. Please read the In the Media section of this forum. Many of the "bad" press are the people that pay 200.00 and "bam". Those are the people in this industry most of us and most professional bail persons will not deal with. Pesonal, moral and bussiness liability.

360 237 1721 efax
408 402 2710 work cell
DOI Bail Agent Lic 1844214
BSIS G1533544

Go hug a Tree

Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 10:11 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I’m really not trying to be a smart ass and I will search through the site for answers but as I mentioned before, I know for SURE that all it takes is to send a couple of hundred bucks wait a few days and with virtually NO training other than ccw you can carry and pull your weapon to arrest fugitives. I was just having a hard time believing that this was legally acceptable. NO opota, police or military training . No drug and alcohol screening. No psychological testing. No physical requirements. No written exam? Nothing?????? It just seemed chaotic….

Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 10:33 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
vez wrote:
It just seemed chaotic….

I think you nailed it. Happens all the time, in many states... no thought process...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 10 Oct 2010 12:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Vez,
I was not going to respond because you did not afford the members here the professional courtesy of filling out your profile.
To your original post, you can send away for anything, to include a college diploma, Ministry Affiliation, press Credentials, it does not make any of them valid, but would make whomever used them a fraud. Nothing is as simple as your generalizations, and it is irresponsible to assume that they are true, as they are not. Brandishing a weapon is assault, unless you are the defendant that is wanted. If you are wanted and out on Bond, rest assured that you will be apprehended, that is the responsibility of commercial surety and we take our jobs very seriously.

Just a note, the people that act as you assume that we do, end up in jail with the defendants, are usually the individuals that will not take or accept training and are not long for the free world.

I sincerely hope that you share your true purpose here, because initially, it appears suspect and clearly misinformed.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion