Pennsylvania Bail Enforcement License • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Pennsylvania Bail Enforcement License
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Sep 2010 16:40 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1996
Experience: 7 - 10 years
HB 65 was passed on September 14th. HB65 An act amending title 22 (detectives and private police) of the pennsylvania consolidated statutes, amending the heading of title 22 and 22 pa. C. S. Ch. 3; codifying and making extensive revisions to the private detective act of 1953; codifying the lethal weapons training act; further providing for the definition of "privately employed agents"; providing for the continuation of certain licenses; making an appropriation; and making related repeals.

Until now there has been very little to no regulation of recovery agents in Pa. now with this legislation you will be required to be licensed by the Commonwealth of Pa. also PI licenses are now going to be regulated on a state rather than a county level. Some of the provisions for reciprocity that we suggested were included. Additionally BEA's will now have to obtain their PA Act235 in order to be licensed.

read the entire bill here
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Leg ... 65&pn=4073

AE Bail Bonds
Aequitas Services LLC.
"Your Bail Recovery Solution"
1-888-610-AEBB
Pa: 610-624-1706
De: 302-476-2301
Fax:1-866-633-2321
De. BEA Badge#093
Pa. Bail Bondsman
License#: 588438

Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Bail Enforcement License
 Post Posted: Sun 26 Sep 2010 09:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Experience: More than 10 years
Thanks for the "Heads Up" Luke. Looks like we're still compliant until 2012 before ANOTHER state can make some EXTRA money, right down to having to acquire Another badge for your particular state mirroring Conneticuts regulations a few years ago. ... :roll: sigh

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post Posted: Sun 26 Sep 2010 11:15 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3197
Experience: 3 - 5 years
This is going to be very good for our commonwealth! The cowboys, clowns and wannabee "SWAT" members now have their days numbered. Bail bondsman will have a select group to turn to for the recovery of their FTAs...Thus, limiting the dreaded fear of liability.

Reciprocity and the sanctioning of state certified schools (as well as monitoring curriculum moving forward) will be key for this endeavor to be successful.

Step one is complete and could not be more thrilled. :D

(610) 400-8575 Office
(215) 459-0557 Mobile

PA 572430 - Producer
PA 621092 - Agency

Post Posted: Sun 26 Sep 2010 12:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
AMEN to that!!!!

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Sun 26 Sep 2010 16:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
As this has recently been passed when does it become effective ?
Will individuals that are currently doing business as FRA'S be "grandfathered in"
or . . . will they be required to take specific courses to become compliant ? Will there be a time frame in which they must become compliant or no longer be able to do the work?
Are there already "certified" parties in place to teach the required course(s) OR is that as well as the "Specifics" of the courses yet to be determined?
Will out of State Bail Agents still be able to "recover" their own skips or will it now be required to use the "services" of "local Agents" ?

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 26 Sep 2010 16:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
In glancing over the Legislation I see that part of it takes effect July 1, 2011 and the remainder to become effective Jan 1, 2012.
In reviewing this Statute I am seeing that your State is going to create a "Board" as we have here . . .
So I am sure that there will be a nice book of "Regulations" coming down the pipe

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 05 Oct 2010 09:21 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I have been hearing many concerns from professionals in the bail industry since this legislation has passed I encourage everyone, if you work in Pennsylvania or not, to either post your concerns or PM me with a list. I am contacting the members of the regulatory board to try and add some contrast to the grey areas so we can prepare for the 2012 go live date.
So far these are the points that have been discussed:
• The ability of out of state bondsmen to pursue their skips into Pa.
• Acceptable identification for out of state bondsmen.
• The availability of insurance for bail enforcement agents, even most PI policies strictly exclude bail bonds operations and bail enforcement. The policy available though EIB has a premium of between $3,000 and $4,000, most recovery agents are not full time and make under $10,000 a year as a recovery agent. Add licensing for all of the states they work in required certifications and insurance together and that would put many out of business.

If anyone has any further concerns or remedies for these concerns they feel the regulatory board should be made aware of please let me know as soon as possible.

AE Bail Bonds
Aequitas Services LLC.
1-888-610-AEBB
De. BEA Badge#093
Pa. Bail Bondsman

Post Posted: Tue 05 Oct 2010 17:44 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
If I read the act correctly....as far as bondsmen pursuing their skips into PA....it says pretty clearly that fugitive recovery agents, or the other titles they give it, who are pursuing for a fee. I would think that right off the bat that out of state or even in state bondsman would be exempt (that being you do your own pickups) without saying because even though many people classify us into one category...in that particular instance..it seems that bondsman would be ok chasing their own guys. Similar to FL...

...or do some people just want it there so there is no mis-understanding? Either way, I think it's great. The A235 is not that bad and very fair...atleast PA gives you a chance...unlike NJ...where the courts think I should pursue skips with a flashlight...this way I can shine the bright light in their faces when they go to stab me. :)

GO PA

Post Posted: Thu 07 Oct 2010 08:21 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
I am curious about the "physical" that will be passed with this. Is it going to be a BS one like always or is it going to be an actual "Duty Physical" similar to the ACT 135 Physical (run, bench, sit-ups....etc). As for the ACT 235 and ongoing training ever 2 years I am all for that. The more training the better and it can probably be a write-off.

The insurance is a bit questionable for me. Do we (agents) have to carry our own, or am I still covered under the Liability from the company?

Also the badges and ID cards that are going to be handed out, we have our own that I designed and already paid for, can I get them approved by the board?

Also who exactly is the Board?

-thanks
Aaron

Post Posted: Thu 07 Oct 2010 11:12 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I need to post a correction to my original post. HB65 was passed by the House in Pa. But still needs to go before the Senate it is not law as of yet. It will be in front of the Senate late October.

AE Bail Bonds
Aequitas Services LLC.
1-888-610-AEBB
De. BEA Badge#093
Pa. Bail Bondsman

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion