Vent...Vent... • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Vent...Vent...
 Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 10:42 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I really like how these holding centers do things so different, two clients bailed out for the same thing but in different holding counties. These two clients was arrested from the same town police for the same thing just different days, and they was placed about 20 miles apart. I go bail one out and everything went smooth, went to bail the other one out on a different date in a different county and boy do they have me PO. I had forms, but they wanted me to use their forms which is the same form, then she came back and said wrong forms, and the town he has to go to court in wants this and that. I just bailed someone out a week ago for the same charges in a different county and had not problems. I do not know who is in fault. To top it all off, they did not even know what his bond really was, they told me one thing on the phone and by the time I got their and had my paperwork filled out and getting information from my client, they came in and said a different amount. So i went to re-do my paperwork and then they said they was gonna have to contact the town where he was arrested to find out what is going on. After me wasting my ink on several forms and powers. This is just got me venting.........

Sorry for the venting, I just couldn't bare it anymore, Thank God for family like you to open your ears and listen.........

I am learning the industry and some of these jails are more confused than I am.

NSIN TD1009
Cell: 816-255-8230
Home/Office: 660-834-4569

Post subject: Re: Vent...Vent...
 Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 12:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
This is actually very common. Two different county run jails in the same county may have different bail procedures.

I would suggest waiting until you get to the jail and verify all info before filling out the power. You can always redo the bond face sheet but, it's bad to burn through your powers because screw ups by the jail.

Also, it may help it if you can learn what the courts actually require as far as setting dates and times. Very often I have to inform the jail which days and times certain courts hold their arraignments.

Finally, at least in CA, all our counties have a standard bail schedule. So, we have a pretty good idea of what the bail amounts are for a given charge.

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 12:50 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I am going to just wait untill they get their sh*t together. No disrespect!. I called prior to going to the jails to verfity the bond amount on all my bonds. And this place waited untill I was in the back getting client information and waiting for someone to coming in to witness the signature then they sprung this on me, not once but twice.

I am going to ask them to make sure before I do another power for anybody. This has me upset (well not really) just irriatates me on how one county does different than another county that is a detention center for this one town.

Thanks for the feedback. Atleast you gave me your ears and voice.

NSIN TD1009
Cell: 816-255-8230
Home/Office: 660-834-4569

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 21:09 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I have posted on the differences on procedures with different jurisdictions all within the same state... many, many times... I have a little saying that I use all the time... very simple... "The rule of thumb is... there are no rules of thumb"

Although the code of the state should dictate the rules, regulations and procedures... it just doesn't happen. I have had judges tell me from the bench... "the code of the state is for my interpretation but I make the rules from this chair"... go figure.

Funny, I thought the code was the rules and the judges enforced those rules... not so apparently.... Judges 'legislate' from the bench, and the hell with the written code... if they don't like it, they change it to suit themselves and that activity takes place from the Circuit courts down to the local jailers and all in between.

And if you question an action in court, you can certainly appeal whatever decision is made but then you have to fight the decision and pay to go through the court proceedings to have it reviewed and maybe, maybe changed.

As a judge said to me one time many years ago.... "Your in the bail bond business Mr. Marx, get used to it..." so I guess I know where I stand... I try to stay out of that judges court.

... and now, I will drink my cold glass of milk and eat my two Oreo cookies........... aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. nite all.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 31 May 2010 10:47 

It is curious...to say the least...how jailers in each jail think that the way they do some thing is the only way to do that thing and everybody else is doing it wrong.

Rather than risk alienating (or worse) those jail staffers that 'operate' this way, I will just (very patiently) state, "Hey, any way you want to do this is the way I want to get it done."

Works well when any interruption or delay in their getting to me and my client comes up and more often than not, they end up apologizing to me for the delay and thanking me for my patience.

It just doesn't 'pay' to get pushy with them and doing so will only come back to bite ya, in the long run.

Now, with Tina's description of her problem...that's a bit different. Many jailers are not always the sharpest knife in the drawer and those instances of conflicting or just wrong information can and do test one's patience in this business...thus inducing Tina's understandable need to vent here, among colleagues. Other times, critical information is lost between shift changes, also challenging our patience.

My practice has always been to complete the P.O.A. (power) last, after all other info has been confirmed and after I've had my face-to-face time with the client in the booking room.

This also (intentionally) leaves me with the last minute opportunity to walk away from the business if I'm smelling Bravo Sierra from the client...without wasting that power.

I understand not all of us get to meet with our client prior to their being released to us, but I do and I try to make the most of that opportunity, each time.

Those of us that don't get that (invaluable, IMHO) opportunity have adapted to the system offered up in their A.O.'s or have attempted to buck the system with (I would guess) less than favorable outcomes.

Just my nickel's worth.

Professional regards.
David Platt
aka: Bailagent100

Post Posted: Mon 31 May 2010 11:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
My practice has always been to complete the P.O.A. (power) last, after all other info has been confirmed and after I've had my face-to-face time with the client in the booking room.

This also (intentionally) leaves me with the last minute opportunity to walk away from the business if I'm smelling Bravo Sierra from the client...without wasting that power.

Always the best approach . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion