Valuable Lesson Learned • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Valuable Lesson Learned
 Post Posted: Wed 21 Apr 2010 08:46 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I had a learning experience today that made me want to kick myself in the ass. About one month ago I had applied for an agency license in the bail bond industry with the MN Dept Of Commerce. When I first applied, the state said it would take any where from 5 - 25 days for the paperwork to push through. So I patiently waited, and waited , and waited. Finally, on the 25th day of waiting, I looked at the website to check the status and it was still under state review... I now decided to get on the phone with the State and see if I can figure anything out. I was able to talk to a nice lady who told me "your license is ready for approval, we are just waiting for one piece of paperwork." I almost gagged. I had simply overlooked or forgotten to send in a very vital piece of paper.... The lady also told me that there was no reason to wait so long to call, sometimes it makes things move faster. She said the license was ready two days after I submitted my application and fee. She then informed me that they sent a notice to me the previous day via e-mail to inform me of the situation. Sure enough, I checked my e-mail and it was there.
So after realizing that I waited all that time because I had made a stupid mistake, I faxed my paper to the state and my agency should be receiving it within 2 - 5 days. I think I will be following up with them ASAP so I don't make another mistake.

Resident Insurance Producer: Bail Bonds
License #: 40199019

**I am licensed to work in the field of Bail Bond recovery. However, I do not work in the field nor have I ever. I added my license in my signature only to show others the achievement I have made in getting one step closer to establishing a business. **

Post subject: Re: Valuable Lesson Learned
 Post Posted: Wed 21 Apr 2010 13:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Congrats Nate, Welcome to the PI family!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion