Homeless skip in Woddbridge, VA • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Homeless skip in Woddbridge, VA
 Post Posted: Tue 23 Mar 2010 11:54 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Quote:
Rab Not every state requires training, and MD, your neighbor, does not and that was where the case originated

WOW WOW WOW - How can a state not authorize training? That to me is absurd. That is sort of what I was referring to by hints, and again I meant no disrespect. But the very idea of not having people trained is what in my personal humble position leads to the "Wanna Be's" who hurt the industry and how it is portrayed, thus increasing the risk to trained licensed professionals, and not to even mention the possibility of injuring to the skip causing personal liability. Am I making sense or rambling too much here? I just think that those in this industry should be trained as they are in any job, professional, trained, and knowledgeable - and you are right, you can't learn all that in a class, you need a mentor.

However, I basically wondered if it would be best to leave certain info in a private section for only those who are certified or licensed so wanna be's and non-trained jump on this board with the free knowledge that you guys give? Also, when I have all my docs from DCJS I will be happy to call and meet you and congrats on the catch BTW. If you are in my neck of the woods in NOVA and want to meet over a cup of coffee, let me know because even though I passed the BEA class, I still have questions and a lot to learn, not to mention the other courses - so I am not expecting to get into the field until end of May if I am lucky possibly but probably not until June until I have all licenses from the State.

VA DCJS #99-99238446

Post Posted: Tue 23 Mar 2010 14:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Many states do not require any training what so ever of recovery agents. CA did require training for 10 years. That law has now expired and there is NO effort on the part of the law makers to renew it.

In fact, there is a small but well financed group or bail agents that will fight any attempt to regulate recovery agents again.

It is to their advantage to have a pool of cheap, eager and inexperienced recovery people available to hire and fire at their leisure.

Post Posted: Tue 23 Mar 2010 15:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
rab2344 wrote:
Quote:
Rab Not every state requires training, and MD, your neighbor, does not and that was where the case originated

WOW WOW WOW - How can a state not authorize training? That to me is absurd. That is sort of what I was referring to by hints, and again I meant no disrespect. But the very idea of not having people trained is what in my personal humble position leads to the "Wanna Be's" who hurt the industry and how it is portrayed, thus increasing the risk to trained licensed professionals, and not to even mention the possibility of injuring to the skip causing personal liability. Am I making sense or rambling too much here? I just think that those in this industry should be trained as they are in any job, professional, trained, and knowledgeable - and you are right, you can't learn all that in a class, you need a mentor.

However, I basically wondered if it would be best to leave certain info in a private section for only those who are certified or licensed so wanna be's and non-trained jump on this board with the free knowledge that you guys give? Also, when I have all my docs from DCJS I will be happy to call and meet you and congrats on the catch BTW. If you are in my neck of the woods in NOVA and want to meet over a cup of coffee, let me know because even though I passed the BEA class, I still have questions and a lot to learn, not to mention the other courses - so I am not expecting to get into the field until end of May if I am lucky possibly but probably not until June until I have all licenses from the State.

Just because a State does not require Mandated Training does not mean that those that operate in said States are any less qualified and or PROFESSIONAL than those that work in States that do.
Thanks to the IDIOTS in AZ back in 1999 and ASA H. the State of Arkansas will NOT do "Training" in the sense that others States do. That would place us in the Insurance bracket of LE. Does that make us as Lic. Professional Bail Bondsmen any less qualified or PROFESSIONAL than , let us say . . . yourself? Nope!
There will be ~ "Wanna Bes" and "cowboys" and any other term you would like to use . . . NO matter how or where they are working. As for a "Private Section", there is one and the "why" of when we answer in the Open Section the way that we do.
Being as you are new here I suggest that you take the time to do some serious reading here. When I first came here I read EVERY THREAD. I wanted to know the what and the why of the people here. You will find a very diverse Group of Individuals (as well as personalities) here. Welcome to the FRN and I suggest that you start with the following thread
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9435

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 23 Mar 2010 17:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

ADD ON
Here in Arkansas we ARE the BEAs we simply . . . Due to Law cannot title ourselves that way . . . Thank YOU ! ASA!
Not all States have BOTH . . . Missouri is one that I know now does as do a few others. Arkansas due to Insurance regs will always (most likely) be the way that it is :-( I have my Dad's "Bounty Hunter" Lic. in my briefcase . . . it is just one little thing that I carry with me as a momento of the past and My Dad.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 14:40 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Experience: 7 - 10 years
And Mass and Tenn (last i knew banned Bounty hunters)

Bail Agent#708126-Vermont
Advantage Bail Bonds of Vermont

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 15:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
????????

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 16:22 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

"???" i was told by local police, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. you can not arrest a bail jumper, if you do, you will get charged with holding against there will. i have traced a skip down there (2003) and was told i couldn't take him, i had to have the police take him, or have a constable with me. again, this was back in 2003, so i guess my "statement" is a question? and i was told in Tennessee "bounty hunters" are not allowed in that state.

( i post that on the wrong topic, sorry about that)

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 20:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It may be that the TERM cannot be used . . . Jay? Joe S. ?

Post Posted: Thu 25 Mar 2010 20:57 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3077
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Mr. Stewart,
I believe you are wrong about Tn. B.e.a law.I am certified in Tn. and have been working strictly as a bail enforcement agent for a good while now,both in Tn. as well as other states.I will say that there are some counties that just dont like BEAs and will try to make sure they stay out of thier respective counties but ultimately there is no law against Bail enforcement here in Tn.
do not take my words as law...look it up for yourself at Tn.org

Cell:(931)551-5020

Post Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2010 16:59 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I might be, When i got in this field in 2001, There was a site that had bail and bounty hunter laws online, and on it, it said "bounty hunters" are prohibited from recovering skips, but then again, i should go look it up and will. But must not be true if you are a agent in that state and working! so thank you for replying, i learn something new every day! thank you guys.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion