Bounty Boys Giving Back to the Community • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Bounty Boys Giving Back to the Community
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Mar 2010 21:14 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
LuVonda wrote:
It is alright here to "Visit" with someone while recovering another . . . it is not alright to "pat" (touch) them down or "detain" (ie . . . cuff them, hold {take} them to the side, in another room, etc.) them.
For touching them, one can be charged with "simple assault", a Class 'A' Misdemeanor (punishable ~ up to a year in the County Jail)
For detaining them, one can be charged with "False Imprisonment" . . . also a Class 'A' Misdemeanor (punishable ~ up to a year in the County Jail).

Of course, the above only would occur should the 'offended' party put up a fuss about it to the LE.

That is not to say that if you are "attacked" by a party other than the one you are taking into custody that you cannot defend your self. By all means one must protect him/herself.

Always be aware of the Laws in the area you are operating in or, intend to operate in

Quote:
I would stick by my guns and state it was for the safety of us and the DEF. Safety is always first, as well as de-escalating a tense situation. reddragon116

Uhm . . . I know the District Judge here would not take that into consideration during your sentencing. Altho, your lawyer could try ;-)

If a situation is bad to start out with it will only get worse . . . One can always come back another day . . . OR . . . another place.

if someone impedes ones free travel...unwillingly...then they commited the act of kidnaping..in okla anyways.you always have the right to defend yourself and or place someone under arrest"citizen arrest" if they have commited a felony in your presents.but no on except lawenforcement has the right to detain limit movement or control anyone unless it is to protect themselves from physical harm.just cuz some one runs off at the mouth,doesnt give you the right to lay hands on them.some hunters in okc seem to not care due to there friendship with high ranked officers either with city police or county...im just sayin...these folks that get detained or controled have more right to defend themselves then the hunters who are clearly steping out of bounds.

Post Posted: Thu 18 Mar 2010 21:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
I am speaking of Arkansas Law . . . . Yes "kidnapping" could be brought into play here as well.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Thu 18 Mar 2010 21:32 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

tsuggs wrote:
:cry: Geez,

I read the posts with interest but never intending to post a reply but I feel like I have been made fun of.

You see, when chasing my own skips, I use my F-250. Randy can vouch for that except when caught unexpectantly with hot intel while in my CV. And it looks like a cop car because it is.

(It saves me in parking tickets and an occassional accidental speeding ticket. It also keeps the pan handlers away and allows me to drop off my clients at home in the bad parts of Oakland and Richmond without problems from the local bad boys.)

But I really like to use my truck and I take personal offense of you degrading all us FULLTIME bail agents that work our on skips, in a pickup truck. Or my wifes Mazda station wagon. Or my father in laws Chevy mini van.

So to reply with a insult of my own, 10,000 actual, hands on, hook and book skip recoveries in OK alone, seems a bit high to me also.

Unless the bail agents there write some really supid bonds and the skips are even more stupid and are just standing on the corner waiting fro you guys to come along and pick them up.

i have to say....i'd take another tinted astro van over a decked out chrger anyday....the best ones are the vans with sliding doors on both sides.vans are not as flashy as wannabe cop cars but i dont do this to impress the public.

Post Posted: Fri 19 Mar 2010 05:58 

Thanks Bulldog. Somebody from OK to clear this up. I was beginnin to think you could just kick doors and slap people around down there like they do on TV. LOL

Glad your here and glad to have a level headed contact in OKC if I should need it. 8)

Post Posted: Fri 19 Mar 2010 07:12 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Sometimes not having many laws governing hunters proves to difficult in its self.
If the laws are there,u can show the public and johny law how we have the right
To do what we do.with out them,we have some difficulty convincing le and the public
That we have certine rights.that time and energy that could be used in other areas
Of our operation.there are the hand full of hunters here that like to put guns in
Ppls faces and kick doors open.these same folks harrass other hunters and bond ppl
For calling them on it.my numbers are low.I can never brag about some outragous number of return skips.
my numbers are low due to the amount of cases given to me by
My bondsmen"woman".that's fine cuz they won't write every bond they come across.
Therefore they don't need to hunt for 6 out of 10 bonds written.I do hunt out of a truck.
I don't live in a trailer but so what. And ya my wife has been my driver on a few cases.
I don't dress like swat. I blend in.u don't see me coming.I don't depend on connections
With police. I do all my investigation. I have a hellava street connection.they even know
What I do. They still help cuz they know I won't splintering doors and making a big scene at ppls work.
So they don't mind telling me where to look. They understand its all about money.
I'm not trying to rid the world of criminals. I'm just a human body repo agent.I get them. They pay more money.
They get back out.even in this,I act professional.I respect street law as well as the real law.everyone goes home alive.
I have never been sued and I am 100 % postop liability free.
I get better each caper and learn asmuch as I can from the vets on here and another forum.
I know not all things apply in my area of operation but its my job to find out what works what's legal here.
Only a fool would take what the read here as law and set it in stone.do your research
To verify it.thanks to all on here whom I have learned so much from....from the other
Forum.hunters who try to stick out are like the nail that sticks out...it soon will get hammered down or pulled out.

Post Posted: Fri 19 Mar 2010 07:25 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
Welcome aboard, Bulldog. I like the way you think. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything out my way.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Post Posted: Fri 19 Mar 2010 08:26 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Thanks doug..

Post Posted: Fri 19 Mar 2010 08:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
Quote:
I guess you would rather we drive a truck, wear blue jeans and bring our wives with us to go hunt our own bond forfeitures in between our part time job as a bondsman from our home office in the back of our trailer home."

If there was a degree program for the study of bullshyt, maybe I could converse with the many ignoramuses that have fooled themselves into believing that they know everything about all things.

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Fri 19 Mar 2010 14:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Thank you Bulldog! and welcome to the FRN

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 19 Mar 2010 18:44 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

thanx lavonda....where's rex and kathy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage